ssd + PoE

In a lot of groups I'm in I'm first to appear in the new instance,this is what you notice with an SSD.Don't touch hybrid drives though it did opposite and made my system super slow even when not using as a system drive.
Uhh, i don't know what kind of rigs do you have, but on my new one now i load in like 15 sec. max.
On my old gaming laptop (like 3-4 years old) which costed 650 euros, it loads in around 2 min. max.

Both my rigs, old and new had/have very good processors and a good amount of RAM for their times. The new one now also has an ssd.

I think having a good amount of RAM and an ssd makes a huge difference in loading times.
Last edited by DoctorHiruruluk on Sep 15, 2014, 3:23:26 AM
"
Ordack wrote:
"
Charan wrote:
I can't imagine being an even halfway-hardcore gamer and not having an SSD.

Support GGG or SSD? SSD. Your quality of life will improve so much you'll want to support GGG more than you did before.

Just absurd

Not really. We're working under the assumption that if someone is tossing up between supporting GGG or getting a SSD, then they already want to support GGG but do not have a SSD. This means they already like the game, even with horrendous loading times. It is a logical progression from there that such an improvement in the game's loading time would increase one's pleasure of the game, and you must remember that there was already sufficient pleasure to want to support.

Sorry for my good English.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Sep 15, 2014, 3:26:33 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I've never owned a computer with a mechanical hard drive but I've used them at other ppls houses it's awful. Cant even understand why they still sell them

I use a samsung SSD 850 pro 256GB. Instances load insant. Like when ppl told me use a metronome to time loading areas where corruption was it does not work. Its instant no matter.

Uh, you what? You either have to be 12, or not really know why they sell HDD and SSD. Its true that a SSD loads things way faster, but they have a limit on how much rewriting you can do on them, meaning defrags, or simply writing/deleting/rewriting etc shortens the SSD lifespan a lot. On the other hand, not so much for a HDD.

So SSD is nice for stuff that has a permanent residence on your PC and needs to load a lot and fast. While HDDs are nice for huge bunches of files you keep adding too deleting, removing, and so on. Also a defrag hurts a SSD a lot more than it helps, and even now when defrags are not as neccesarry, they still do come in handy at times especially on HDDs where the defrag does no dmg compared to an SSD.

And then the price.
6TB HDD = 220 eur
6TB SSD = non existant
3.2TB SSD = jesus christ lawd (8762 eur)

Go with ssd. Its like goknt from the stoneage to the atomic age in one purchase! If you can afford it I'd recommend going with a large storage of 500Gb or more since they get faster the more storage they have:)
BIG difference after installing SSD. load time much faster. can play summoner with full screen of minions now.
"
Charan wrote:
"
Ordack wrote:
"
Charan wrote:
I can't imagine being an even halfway-hardcore gamer and not having an SSD.

Support GGG or SSD? SSD. Your quality of life will improve so much you'll want to support GGG more than you did before.

Just absurd

Not really. We're working under the assumption that if someone is tossing up between supporting GGG or getting a SSD, then they already want to support GGG but do not have a SSD. This means they already like the game, even with horrendous loading times. It is a logical progression from there that such an improvement in the game's loading time would increase one's pleasure of the game, and you must remember that there was already sufficient pleasure to want to support.

Sorry for my good English.

The more he explained it seems absurd.
"Sorry for my bad English"
Once you get an SSD you'll look back at this moment and curse yourself for even thinking about it! Going SSD is a great investment for games. Everyone I have spoken to that got one has never regretted it, and talk about SSD enthusiastically.

As said above, go as large as you can, without paying over the top. You will fill that extra space really fast with other games.
"
deathspenalty wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I've never owned a computer with a mechanical hard drive but I've used them at other ppls houses it's awful. Cant even understand why they still sell them

I use a samsung SSD 850 pro 256GB. Instances load insant. Like when ppl told me use a metronome to time loading areas where corruption was it does not work. Its instant no matter.

Uh, you what? You either have to be 12, or not really know why they sell HDD and SSD. Its true that a SSD loads things way faster, but they have a limit on how much rewriting you can do on them, meaning defrags, or simply writing/deleting/rewriting etc shortens the SSD lifespan a lot. On the other hand, not so much for a HDD.

So SSD is nice for stuff that has a permanent residence on your PC and needs to load a lot and fast. While HDDs are nice for huge bunches of files you keep adding too deleting, removing, and so on. Also a defrag hurts a SSD a lot more than it helps, and even now when defrags are not as neccesarry, they still do come in handy at times especially on HDDs where the defrag does no dmg compared to an SSD.

And then the price.
6TB HDD = 220 eur
6TB SSD = non existant
3.2TB SSD = jesus christ lawd (8762 eur)

No I'm 18 but got my first computer about 13. Had intel SSD. Dont know technicalities or care I just buy fastest one rated and fastest graphics card for games. I still use that intel SSD in my laptop (moved it into it because came with slow drive) and no problems yet.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 15, 2014, 4:10:01 AM
my laptop uses a 5400 hdd and i never have load times over 4 seconds aside from initial launching.

ssds are a scam, like 95% of gamers probably have SSDs worth 75-100% of their GPUs which is a joke.

>muh 1 second faster boot time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info