VarthDaver's Flicker Ash Prolif Build

"
VarthDaver wrote:

I know the first time I figured out how to perma-flicker, I was hooked!

Same here!

Loving this guide. I'm planning on starting with this build whenever the next 3month league begins. Cant wait.

Quick question. I'm surprised you don't run a Herald of Thunder alongside Ash. Free curses and shocks everything (+50% damage). Do you not have the space for it?

Anyhow, great build. Wish I woulda stumbled on this before I built my witch dagger based flicker.
I just got an Hegemony's era!! and understand now why it's damn good!

I had that:

and when i equip him:

I was like "what? wait my tooltips is lower :'( " but ok i guess if a dude make an all guide around that i had give a try. So i peak 1 pts in the +1 power charge node and go for a doedre's elexir ... and then i was like " oO ton of fun oO unsane clear speed oO Mouhahahaha!!"
The trust of asp + the 5 power charge perma keep with doedre is so damn powerfull! The proliferation of ashe just melted everything down i love it!

Again thanks for this guide it's just awesome!

ps: like you say doedre is a realy good ass saving immortal call button =)
Heya VarthDaver!

Im hoping you'll still be around to update this guide for the 1.3 patch?

Was hoping to build off of this for the next 3 month league. The CI version looks sweet but not sure how well that one will work in the beginning of a 3 month league... :)
For 1.3 patch,

Took a quick 5 min just to scratch this build out, in the life version.
Might be a bit clunky here and there since I'm a noob at modifying build passive trees.

110 dex, getting it easy from the tree. yay.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAjM89_Fhjxth7jPZIXz_vDhQgMft_41BH5FE5DgmWl3nPfq2N2WGFUusJVw2CB_JB0iGfy6cwns33vm6X8pw9PpJ99zLqGHas5c_cI5hv_lQNzStQHM49D8T2cqmGO2vZr2xo8qIA8B8YXTzvBLMaOMAaWfOsqpBVJy-FfRZAZp7jahZv-tI26SSqVdZk5xcvgKRYrl6lE3GPRh0U-4s0MdrdpwjYvf4Ktz7GrjwtffVM_6el1YtKLu1EyWdBcryauUOTB6ZXOuHyRZ_fwGbvfDSOPAVN4_6P - from 2014/12/9 updated tree

This is probably the tree that I will take.

I'm thinking of using enhanced HoA and HoT + curse on hit + Assassin's mark setup, thanks to the mana reservation nodes. I believe HoA setup is like around 36% reserved and HoT + CoH setup was like another 37% (not really sure about the correct numbers here, didn't played the game for 2 months now), so with the mana reservation nodes we will be fine and dandy.

Also I think some of the reduced mana cost of skills nodes here and there from the tree will help us with the mana problem as well. Ofcourse, we would have to see how it goes when 1.3 actually launches.
Last edited by greensunggwa on Dec 16, 2014, 11:46:03 PM
Bump.

Still hoping to use something like this for a first toon on torment. Anyone know if the current 1.3 tree nerfed this build too badly?
Hey guys, I ran this build back in rampage and it was awesome!. I made a tree that you guys can view here:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA2E356Gh02mKUoMautz5BhzwtcqnE9lnzrKrJZ0FyvJrtRNWLSi6npWaewBqQVRo4Jy_60jbpJKoWb-Nqj0YdFFiuXqUTcfuLkn33Mphv3CPlz2BDbj0DljsogwlvnncHhxOcpJu1wzrKSg-rUzVtbLVIcFIqC_PqcNWJ09i9_gph4iaVFr9sjJ2qNj25fIwL7LBd8g5IY0OMNlVLYqwxnqZXOuHyRTQxhX0WQGjyr2xM_4Y7NI5r2QSzogDwH-RRZ5uuPnfjOQ4Jlpd57w5QR18_FCAt0p8-

Some notes:

-Was able to get crit chance above 500%.
-Max hp is only at 158% you can probably tweak it if u would like to get more life.
-This tree gives you 2 additional power charges, and 1 endurance charge.

Honestly i am not sure how much better i could make the tree for what we want it to do. Any suggestions would be great! But for now i am leveling this guy up and its going fine.

p.s Level with Static Strike. It is a very good leveling skill and should get you to the point where you can use FS in no time!
"
XtraSalty wrote:
Hey guys, I ran this build back in rampage and it was awesome!. I made a tree that you guys can view here:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA2E356Gh02mKUoMautz5BhzwtcqnE9lnzrKrJZ0FyvJrtRNWLSi6npWaewBqQVRo4Jy_60jbpJKoWb-Nqj0YdFFiuXqUTcfuLkn33Mphv3CPlz2BDbj0DljsogwlvnncHhxOcpJu1wzrKSg-rUzVtbLVIcFIqC_PqcNWJ09i9_gph4iaVFr9sjJ2qNj25fIwL7LBd8g5IY0OMNlVLYqwxnqZXOuHyRTQxhX0WQGjyr2xM_4Y7NI5r2QSzogDwH-RRZ5uuPnfjOQ4Jlpd57w5QR18_FCAt0p8-

Some notes:

-Max hp is only at 158% you can probably tweak it if u would like to get more life.

Honestly i am not sure how much better i could make the tree for what we want it to do. Any suggestions would be great! But for now i am leveling this guy up and its going fine.

p.s Level with Static Strike. It is a very good leveling skill and should get you to the point where you can use FS in no time!

I liked what you did with the tree, my only issue was the fact it starts as scion... i tweeked it a bit to make it a maurauder check it out:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38xFj2SF8_Kk19W8pKUUysR3cHhxOcpG-eMft_4-8OFCBQR-RRogDwH2jyr2xM_zwtd-OuPmeb9zJyqcT2mG_cI5J95c8t0p8-WfOsqpBVGjjAGoV9FkBmnliuXqUTcY9GHRT60kWO-4vjahZvNukkqpu1wzoWvw-rUzVVS2HiJpWMNrVIbWxwUioL8-pd8nDVidO5fIwL7LA2PWKsnapsjNi9NZK18qel1YtKLu1EyWdBcrya_gq3PsaubqpKyD8nvTZlTb6nhNlHfizpFSAZtMrTh2qplAzypcs=

RAAAAAAAA!

(╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ǝ︵ o︵ d

I'm out.
"
Orzi wrote:
"
XtraSalty wrote:

Some notes:

I liked what you did with the tree, my only issue was the fact it starts as scion... i tweeked it a bit to make it a maurauder check it out:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38xFj2SF8_Kk19W8pKUUysR3cHhxOcpG-eMft_4-8OFCBQR-RRogDwH2jyr2xM_zwtd-OuPmeb9zJyqcT2mG_cI5J95c8t0p8-WfOsqpBVGjjAGoV9FkBmnliuXqUTcY9GHRT60kWO-4vjahZvNukkqpu1wzoWvw-rUzVVS2HiJpWMNrVIbWxwUioL8-pd8nDVidO5fIwL7LA2PWKsnapsjNi9NZK18qel1YtKLu1EyWdBcrya_gq3PsaubqpKyD8nvTZlTb6nhNlHfizpFSAZtMrTh2qplAzypcs=

Yea man it looks good.
i tried to make a 1.3 tree without going to shadow area with my lvl83 duelist.
100 pts tree

with 1.3 i loose 85% crit chance!! so i tried to change gem setup from:
Flicker/MultiStrike/Splash/MeleePhys/CriticalDmg/EnduranceChargeOnStun OR AddFire
to
Flicker/MultiStrike/Splash/MeleePhys/CriticalStrike/EnduranceChargeOnStun OR AddFire

here are the difference with the tree from Orzi post (remember that mine is 12 passif pts less ;) ):
+70% increased Accuracy Rating
-213% increased Critical Strike Chance
+142% increased Melee Damage
-28% increased Critical Strike Multiplier
-21% increased maximum Life
-100 to Dexterity
-40 to Intelligence
+5% to all Elemental Resistances
-20% increased Elemental Damage
-102% increased Evasion Rating

just tried my tree few minutes but seems to work nice.

with that, i got 7600 avg dmg, 91% chance to hit and 75% crit chance.

will try with :
Last edited by DarkManda on Dec 24, 2014, 7:45:25 AM
Build still working well in 1.3

Same gear - 5~6 ex total, only 1 of 5link is more than enough.

Spoiler

Currently lvl 85

USE INCREASED CRITICAL STRIKES instead of increased critical damage.

8k per flicker before charge, 10k flicker after charge
84% chance to hit, 87% to crit (only 5 link, need additional accuracy as 6 link, but I'm poor)

Goal - lvl 90 passive tree

Videos
Spoiler

3 min Rare 75 plateau
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsb7TGaw6lw&feature=youtu.be

6 min Rare 75 Necro chain, extra dmg, beyond, How to fight boss in worst case scenario
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_6sfD3hRFA&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by greensunggwa on Feb 1, 2015, 7:52:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info