VarthDaver's Flicker Ash Prolif Build

"
Jarovb wrote:
I want try it on Beyond...
I want use Lightning coil and rat nest in place of abyssus.
Can you tell me why you don take iron reflex? it looks good idea with lightning coil.
Why not Vaal Pact?

p.s what is good to use for single target?
and what bandits you choose?
Thx for answer

In short, I would not in beyond. I have done it with all those gear items in Rampage, and you will eventually roll the dice poorly.

Single target I use Groundslam / Lightning strike / Heavy Strike depending on my mood. With my max dps setup, I just use flicker, its more than enough to kill anybosss.
"
Auxion wrote:
How does party play go if you're not getting all the kills ?
And bosses where there's not alot of other minions

This is not the best for parties over size 2-3. There are a variety of reasons, but in large groups, its best to swap the main attack to lightning strike / Groundslam. I do not enjoy party play, so this is not something I am that focused on.

As far as bosses without, you can get creative with charge managemnet. The one good thing about the big 2H, is that just 3-4 charges is more than enough to kill any boss (sans Atziri). You can use frenzy (even on a weapon swap with bow), or multiple of the flasks that gen charges.
"
VarthDaver wrote:
He claimed 80k DPS with an 11k tooltip Flicker at 8 casts per second and since flicker is "Damage per Use" instead of damage per second.. is he correct?
To be honest, dps numbers are a bit difficult to calculate, and I try to compare clear speed with other builds. There are a lot of factors which go into dps calculations, and on flicker its really hard to estimate. If you have 5k (physical) damage per hit with multistrike and splash it seems to be on par with a cleave dps tooltip of about 80-90,000. However if you run hatred and are making the number by elemental damage, its significantly lower comparatively.

Dagger flicker is the highest dps version of flicker, and its a bit safer. Back when flicker tooltip actually showeed dps, my dagger flicker build was at about 225,,000 - 285,000 dps tooltip. In comparison, it was not nearly as fast as my current CI version of this build which has a 18,740 tooltip.

2H can "flick" farther per flick than daggers can, but its far more difficult to play and build. The biggest thing is the fun of 2H for me outweighs the rest.

My question for you what are the differences for this build between daggers & staves ? His Tooltip / DPS is WAY higher than mine as my tooltip is only at 6200 (with ash on) and he claims his was 11k with a 250dps dagger. What are the pros / cons of using a stave vs dagger? What do you think would be better in the long run?

Dagger builds are a lot easier defensively, and cheaper overall as the remaining gear is pricey. I always start from the gear, and then make builds. I did daggers flicker for several leagues, and I think done a few hundred levels with it. I would recommend you follow what you enjoy, and do both. I personally find using a 2H a lot more fun.

I am curious if I should have went daggers instead :\ .
It depends on your goals, I tried to make a disclaimer that this was a high level build, but I understand people disregard it. I do hope you enjoyed it!

Thanks for the explanations. I DO absolutely LOVE my build and I can kill the uniques in 75 maps within seconds even though my tooltip is 6,xxx . It is very fun. How can I increase my dmg most with 2h? You said your DPS was 80k or so how did you achieve this? I love the build and followed it strictly, just curious how I could increase or make the most out of it. Right now my single target is heavy strike with about 25k dps. Any other tips much appreciated. This is my first flicker and im glad I picked this one, thx again for the build!
Nice build
RAAAAAAAA!

(╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ǝ︵ o︵ d

I'm out.
I just posted my CI adaptation of this build. In it, I go over "dps" numbers in a bit more detail. You can find it here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1089759

There is a lot to be said for the synergy with these builds, where each part makes the rest stronger. Getting all the gems to 20/20, and rolls on gear add quite a lot. If you had a more specific question about dps, let me know what you are at now gear / stats / level / spec, and I will try to give a more detailed response.
"
Orzi wrote:
Nice build

Thanks!
Came back for the review for the build!

Video : 73 map clear - 5:30 + Budget gear (4~5ex)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov1oKlOQUXA&list=UUBTgWOYeIHu_E0y03-kq1qA

Current Gear - 4~5 exalt total / 3ex = 5link lightning coil
Spoiler

Offensive - without Power Charges - 8k per flicker
Spoiler

Offensive - With Power Charges - 10k per flicker
Spoiler

Defensive - Nothing special. Just Lightning Coil and life stacking.
Spoiler

Me, a Casual and an average Joe player..
Spoiler

I have 2 exalt and 80 chaos in my stash ; I'm pretty much an average Joe that you can find
anywhere else, and I'm as casual as you can get.
I mean, look at that Flask Quality.

You don't even need a 2 - 5Links. Either a 5link in your chest or your staff is fine.

That staff I crafted by myself, when the Elereon mod was 1 divine; costed me like 15~20 chaos in total.

Even though Elreon mods got expensive, physical staffs still remains extremely cheap. Especially cheap compared to crit daggers / claws and pretty much any other weapon base types. This is due to Hegemony's era I think. As all of the staff players aim for Hegemony's era, most of the rare staffs got really cheap.

I usually gear up my characters with 1~2exalt excluding the price of 5 link lightning coil or 5 link CoD. And this character costed me around 1~2 exalt; making the total budget to around 4~5 exalt. Suites perfectly for a casual player with no currency.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The build has great clear speed, cheap, and overall really fun to play.
As a flicker striker the build is not the most tanky build that you can play, especially with that Abyssus.
However, it is tanky enough to survive 73~77 maps. Personally I don't have any 78 maps as of now so i can't tell about 78 maps lolz

Have died twice from 66 (when I started mapping) ~ 84.
The first one was to Magnus, where I flickered into his flameblast - dumb
The second one was to Weaver. I though I could take him down... But i got like 2 shotted within 2 seconds. Not enough gear? I'm not sure, but it was pretty fun fight.

Reflect is not a problem; I'm sure anyone who actually plays flicker or any melee builds out there will know about this. (hint : CWDT)

Average map clear time is around 6:00min ~ 7 min. Pretty damn fast considering some of the builds out there has around 8min ~ 9min. This is with the fact that I have one of the worst internet connection that you can find. Which means that I'm desynced everysingle 10 seconds, and have to /oos. This means that most of the time I waste 5~10 seconds on a mob pack, flickering, not noticing I'm desynced.

My Latency: 200 ~ with constant ping pikes. This is because I'm playing in South Korea, around
Singapore gateway.
Spoiler

It's not the tankiest character you can find, but if you play smart, like any other flicker strike players, you won't die that often. Ofcourse, desync will kill you from time to time.

Besides that, this build is great. Super fast, super easy, super cheap :D

I would say it's as fast as a 5 link +2 fire gem SRS character.
And thinking that SRS is really OP at the moment, that means this build can make flicker strike in to a OP skill :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ps : Thanks VarthDaver for making this amazing build. Hope more people will follow this build!
I think this is one of the best herald prolife phys melee builds. Hope this was Build of the week
instead of that weird molten strike herald build.
Last edited by greensunggwa on Oct 21, 2014, 6:51:13 AM
"
greensunggwa wrote:
Came back for the review for the build!
The build has great clear speed, cheap, and overall really fun to play.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ps : Thanks VarthDaver for making this amazing build. Hope more people will follow this build!
I think this is one of the best herald prolife phys melee builds. Hope this was Build of the week
instead of that weird molten strike herald build.

Thank you for taking the time to give a good review as feedback, and show gear, progress, experience.

I am glad you enjoy it (I certainly do), and I was surprised as well that they picked the molten strike build. I think they are looking to get players in with even lower gear requirements, but who knows.

I know the first time I figured out how to perma-flicker, I was hooked!
Hi Bro ! My english is not the best but come on! I am currently using your build and it is GREAT, it was before using the Flicker Build with my Duelist Pew Pew Pew they migrated to their only and the results are great the only problem I'm having is with the Staff, have used a 40+ Chaos Orb to try some attribute until the result of Staff under'm more afraid of crafting something and not come good status in the GREAT BUILD! I hope you understand I just using google translator!

Last edited by cosme7 on Nov 12, 2014, 7:24:23 PM
Yo

A great thanks for your guide!! It's ton of fun and damn! works so well! If only we could counter the desync it would be perfect ^^

I really enjoy the easy endurance stacking + immortal call the trust of survivability is very good i didn't fear reflect with this =)

Little question about reg/degen i have 4.3% hp regen and blood rage degen is 3.9% but i still lose life quickly is it because of the -60% chaos resist or a miscalculation?

I'm actualy 70 rolling on 66-68 map easly have to try higher map. Her my stuff:

Have 5.4k dps i'll save for a hegemony's era sound so good!!

ps: Herald of ashe + elem prolif is so powerfull never think it can be link that way so great!

Thanks again and fly safe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info