HYBRID Life/ES 4-Link 13.5k base ARC with Dual Curse BL 35K dps-FREEZE!!! Cheap w/ Upgrade Options

If the only reason you are wearing Romira's Banquet is to be able to spam cold snaps i suggest you try trap - cold snap - cold penenetration/concentrated effect instead. You probably won't need iaoe as the proliferation of 3 traps covers enough space.
1) 3 traps in fast succession is enough to freeze attackers.
2) The traps setup has higher damage -> better chance to freeze and for longer duration.
3) Laying 3 traps is a very safe way to open boxes.
4) Romira's Banquet gives no benefit to a caster aside the pc thing. You can replace it with a ring with caster stats/life.

On a sidenote:
If you showcase effective dps you'ld have to multiply everything with a 0.25 LESS penalty as endgame mobs usually have max resists (although everbody else also brushes that fact under the carpet when calculating dps numbers).
Last edited by Bada_Bing on Sep 14, 2014, 2:08:43 PM
I am in the process of using this build. It is simple and easy enough. I have gotten to level 34 with ease just using arc and +1 lightening wand. So far I have done it in a few hours. after reaching level 30 I realised I still hadnt put gloves or a belt on my hero. Was cruising so easily I didnt change my gear much the first 30 levels.

Will keep you guys posted.
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
If the only reason you are wearing Romira's Banquet is to be able to spam cold snaps i suggest you try trap - cold snap - cold penenetration/concentrated effect instead. You probably won't need iaoe as the proliferation of 3 traps covers enough space.
1) 3 traps in fast succession is enough to freeze attackers.
2) The traps setup has higher damage -> better chance to freeze and for longer duration.
3) Laying 3 traps is a very safe way to open boxes.
4) Romira's Banquet gives no benefit to a caster aside the pc thing. You can replace it with a ring with caster stats/life.

On a sidenote:
If you showcase effective dps you'ld have to multiply everything with a 0.25 LESS penalty as endgame mobs usually have max resists (although everbody else also brushes that fact under the carpet when calculating dps numbers).

Hey thanks for the advice. I tried it out, and while the freeze duration is a bit longer I actually went back to the romira's mainly because I like self-casting cold snap/echo vs throwing traps a bit better. (while bonuses from another ring would be nice, I feel like I'm clearing well enough without it for now)

I did follow your advice on the cold snap swapping increased AOE with cold penetration, I went from 1-3 second average freezes to now 2-6 second freezes which is great.

On a side note, I'm playing around with taking off CWDT/enduring cry/immortal call and swapping it for CWDT/enfeeble/temporal chains. Obviously the build also offensively double curses on hit BL with elemental ele weakness/conductivity, but it doesn't seem to interfere too much as most stuff is frozen while attacking. EL/Condt isn't used much besides high HP monsters. Still not final on if I'm going to switch permanently but enfeeble/temp chains has been working out pretty nice.
"
Bada_Bing wrote:

Forgot to mention, the other reason I chose to keep romira's in is 16% spell damage from the power charges, Romira's pretty much guarantees full charges non stop so switching rings to get more cast speed or damage kind of balances out with having charges give more damage. You get 20% to all elemental resists just for having a shield equipped so the build can afford to not have any resists on 1 of the rings.
Got a spell echo gem and this build kicks into overdrive! Other than arc spell echo is essential way more fun mowing things down!
Seems really cool, im not faar from this build, so might respec and give it a try!
I like that so much :D

Also, for just 5 more points, you can get +2 power charges, 12% elemental dmg and 32 Int (Infused, next to coldhearted, right side of tree, skill point), and on the left side at the lower end, Elementalist, Overcharge.
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Last edited by Chronodroid on Nov 26, 2014, 1:01:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info