HYBRID Life/ES 4-Link 13.5k base ARC with Dual Curse BL 35K dps-FREEZE!!! Cheap w/ Upgrade Options

[update: gems are now lvled up more plus lvl 87 gave me passive damage went up a good chunk will repost soon, plus more pictures and a video is coming]

This is my first build post, since hybrid life/es seems to get no love on forums I thought I would try it out anyway. To my surprise, the build had great survivability with good damage output even with a moonsorrow and some cheap rares so I thought it would be a good idea to share it in case someone else wanted to give hybrid a shot

Are you broke? Then this will have you farming dominus and maps under 75 easily with 20-40 chaos
Have you saved up a few exalts? Then you are going to have a lot of fun freezing the screen and destroying everything end game with dual curses and lightning.

--CHEAP since you ONLY NEED A 4 LINK to do great damage
--HYBRID: 3000 Life 4400 ES (before swapping to more uniques while leveling, 3500/5500)
--You will never be 1-shotted, hard to die if somewhat paying attention to ES
--35k+ ARC effective DPS=
(13425.75 Arc BASE)+dual curse+shock (offense section)
--Ball Lightning using Curse on Hit with Elemental Weakness and Conductivity
--Almost 5 casts/second shocks consistently - 50% damage
--VERY EASY TO FREEZE PACKS!
(coldsnap/romira's banquet/doryani's catalyst)
--Block 54 / Spell Block 49 (can also remove a bit of damage/es and go 64 block)
--Can farm maps under lvl 75 with only cheap rares + Moonsorrow
--Buying Doryani's Catalyst = Freeze and more damage, but can be done without
--Chaos damage is not a problem without CI !!
--Room for more damage, quality gems and empower will push damage way up

----- 0.5 to 1 Exalts -----
Good starter build because with only 1ex of rares easily clears 75 maps and dominus. Just need a cheap Moonsorrow wand and some affordable rare ES gear with life on it.

----- 1 to 4 Exalts -----
Gets you Doryani's Invitation (life leech for chaos) and a Rathpith Globe (spell block) to do 76+ maps. (once you get Doryani's invitation, you can take off the 2nd arc-leech setup for when chaos happens and replace with CWDT) Geofri's Crest Rainbowstrides

----- 4 to 8 Exalts ----- (don't really NEED it, just fun to freeze)
Swaps Moonsorrow for Doryani's Catalyst (replace Spell Totem-Summon Skeletons-Minion Life on Moonsorrow with Cold Snap-Spell Echo-Increased Area of Effect on Catalyst) (move Arc 4 link into here)Romira's Banquet (unlimited charges for cold snap + spell damage added from power charges), fully geared up the game just becomes extremely easy

(if you can't afford doryani's catalyst, you can still freeze with only romira's +coldsnap/echo/prolif)

BUILD OVERVIEW
---------------------

Spoiler

Since I haven't seen many hybrid Life/ES characters I wanted to try one out and was surprised by how effective it was and just how little of a problem chaos damage was without CI.

The main idea is to use Curse on hit ball lightning which double curses with Elemental Weakness/Conductivity, then finishing off enemies with high ARC damage. Also there are infinite power charges for freezing packs with cold snap. The build was extremely cheap to gear up as 1st character in Rampage, relatively cheap rare life/es gear can net you around 3500 life / 5500 energy shield with enough damage to easily clear high end maps, once you get the uniques later on, it just becomes easier and faster clearing 75+ maps. Even with only rares it is VERY HARD TO DIE with this build if you watch your ES.

Gearing up with end game uniques will get you more damage and freeze but you will be losing a little Life/ES due to equipping romira's banquet/geofri's crest and not having life/es on rares anymore. There is enough damage and life/es with 54/49 block/spell block to pretty much never die as long as you pay attention to when the shield is close to depleting and either freeze and warp out or hit Vaal Displine to get 5 seconds of time where you cannot be damaged and your shield recharges.

There are 2 versions, first with end game uniques and second, a very cheap version which is actually a slightly more tanky due to higher life/es without uniques as well as skeleton totem which permanently blinds bosses/exiles, however you do less damage overall.

I've only got a chance to solo 77 maps so far, but I'm confident it would work just as well with 78 maps as I rarely get close to dying. Dominus is super easy to kill as well. It's enough damage with shock without the dual curse, but on high life enemies, dual cursing keeps your clear speed fast. 75/75/76(-17%chaos) resist combined with 2% leech from Doryani's Catalyst and Doryani's Invitation Belt is enough to fight off any chaos damage and reflect. Reflect rares drop way before your shield does, if not 2% leech is enough to fight them on life alone. 18% reflect maps can be done SLOWLY.

OFFENSE (with gear)
--------------------------

Spoiler

ARC (+1 to all gems from helmet, will have much more damage once I get empower in there as well) But with only a 4 link, you can still do some serious damage.

Arc - Spell Echo - Faster Casting = 9945
Arc - Spell Echo - Faster Casting - Lightning Penetration = 9945 + 3480.75
BASE 4 link DPS = 13425.75
You might be able to get 14.5k-15 if you put lvl 20 added chaos in there, but since reflect is not a threat, lightning penetration stacks better with the 2 curses
Dual Curse on Hit Ball Lightning:
lvl 19 Elemental Weakness 38% , lvl 19 Conductivity 38%: total: 76% = 10203.57

BASE 4 link DPS w/ curses: 23629.32 DPS
With 50% SHOCK (11814.66):

-------------------------------------
35443.98 TOTAL EFFECTIVE DPS
-------------------------------------

If running Pack Size mods on maps, or generally when facing huge packs 15+ enemies where ARC's link 5 times does not cut it, it is recommended that you stick with spamming Ball Lightning. BL's ability to pierce and hit all 15+ enemies at once does massive overall damage to those big packs when considering it is also adding 76% more damage from the 2 curses on hit at the same time.

DEFENSE (with gear)
--------------------------

Spoiler

The main source of defense for the build is Block, CWDT setup, and the large 4400 ES pool that is tapped into before your 3K life starts. Majority of the time everything is dead before life starts to drop, but in the rare cases we have the following to solve that problem:

*FREEZE!* [3-link] In Doryani's Catalyst gives lvl 20 Elemental Proliferation, with Cold Snap - Spell Echo - Increased AOE gems combined with never ending power charges from Romira's Banquet, you can freeze dangerous packs of enemies, or freeze and lightning warp out to recharge shield if necessary. (Until you can get Romira's ring or Doryani's Catalyst, you can put Spell Totem-Summon Skeletons-Minion Life in a moonsorrow, they will consistently blind any Boss or Exile and provide a ridiculous amount of safety in a fight)

I've also found it beneficial to sometimes swap increased AOE with summon skeletons which I level on my offhand, since it is also linked to spell echo, you get 4 skeletons up instantly. This combined with freeze/warping out, gives more than enough time to come back in with a fresh shield to finish off the job

*VAAL DISCPLINE* [2-link]this was the 1st time I used it and its amazing, and with increased duration gem, you get about 5 seconds of taking zero damage while your shield recharges. I usually keep it charged for exiles/bosses. It's enough time to kill any exile and get most bosses down to 20-30%% life if not 0%.

[4-link] CWDT - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Summon Skeletons (you can swap out enfeeble for summon skeletons, but I found that the skeletons are a nice distraction to keep your shields up more often) Ideally this should be 4 red slots with Increased Duration in there, but because it seems impossible to roll on ES gloves, I settled for 3 reds and 1 blue.

[4-link] AURAS Reduced Mana-Discipline-Clarity-Tempest Shield for block.
[3-link] WARP: Lightning Warp-Reduced duration-Faster Casting

---------------------------
LVL 86 PASSIVE TREE
---------------------------

Almost positive this is the most efficient path with little to no waste in passives, if you do see a better path, please let me know :)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMG6QceB2MHpQj0DkgQWBEPEVARlhOeFecWbxa_FvMXLxhqGmwdFB1PJKomPCaVJ2ErDSycLR8vnTW5Nuk6WEJLRKtFfElRSbJMs099UDBRYFVLVcZV1lcrWAdca13yXyph4mTnakNtGXOzdFV2EXgvfOV-M36vfuJ_xoBWgKSCEIPbhEiFxYw2jRmPRo-mlSCVLpeXm6GdrqKjpJGnK6mVrJi9gsBUwfPDbcu92V_bXt2M34rfsN--4BLjaucL6QLwa_DV87731_rS-_X-sw==

-------------------------
LEVELING / CHEAP GEAR
-------------------------

Until you get Doryani's Belt for the 1% leech to fight off chaos, you need to swap CWDT setup for second ARC setup: arc-life leech-faster casting-spell echo.

Here is the cheap self found gear I was running with before, I was running 75 maps no problem with it solo until I switched to most of the end game unique gear.

Spoiler

Thanks for checking out my build, let me know what you guys think, there's always room for improvement!!
Last edited by Hohenheiim on Sep 18, 2014, 6:53:13 PM
Looks nice!
I saw this build in action. Very solid build with high dmg and freeze, cool stuff =)
Thanks guys I appreciate it.
Last edited by Hohenheiim on Sep 17, 2014, 8:38:13 PM
you should change the titel into 10k tooltipp dps not 35k thats irritating most people will think you have 35k tooltipp dps.
Guessing you didn't actually bother to read the post:

----------------------
35443.98 TOTAL DPS

also the fact that I specifically say EFFECTIVE DPS in the first few lines of the post?

Anyone who actually takes the time to read the post and decides to do the build, will CLEARLY see how the DPS is calculated.

And the whole tool tip thing is silly to begin with, its like saying added lightning damage is better than lightning penetration because tool tip says 14k for added lightning and 10.5 for lightning penetration, the lightning penetration must be useless haha

Either way, I made it very clear several times in the post...
Last edited by Hohenheiim on Sep 13, 2014, 8:37:58 AM
"
Hohenheiim wrote:
Guessing you didn't actually bother to read the post:

----------------------
35443.98 TOTAL DPS

also the fact that I specifically say EFFECTIVE DPS in the first few lines of the post?

I mean sorry it makes you so angry, but I can't fit it in the title, there's only 100 characters allowed hahaha, and I literally spell it out very very clearly.

Would it make you feel better if I put added lightning instead of lightning penetration to get an image that says 14k tool tip, or does the damage you do with lightning penetration doesn't count because tool tip says 10k when really you are doing 14k?

dont act like a kid and stop sending me personal messages with flame. i would appreciate it.
Listen man, your the one who started flaming without even bothering to read the freaking build, in this post, and in ANOTHER post I commented on, and the only message I sent you was to a link of a thread so relax buddy, and start actually reading stuff before you decide to blindly talk about it.
Last edited by Hohenheiim on Sep 13, 2014, 8:41:01 AM
"
Hohenheiim wrote:
Listen man,

how old are you?

"
Hohenheiim wrote:
your the one who started flaming without even bothering to read the freaking build

show me where i flamed you, all i did was that i criticized your build in normal words without any insult. if you dont like to be crticized then dont open topics like this. not every one shares your opinions of the world. I just said that u should change the thread headline a bit because i were thinking u mean u have 35k dps tooltipp and it was irritating me. And i am sure im not the only one. I repeat it i didnt insulted or flamed you but at least you admit that u flamed me.

For the last time now, pls stop sending me private massages with flame, i wont read them anymore. If you dont stop with this kiddi things now i will contact a GGG member.
Again, as if it wasn't clear enough already:
"BASE 4 link DPS = 13425.75
----------------------
35443.98 TOTAL DPS"

And seriously... are you out of your mind?? I was replying to your private message to me you freaking maniac, please go contact GGG so they can ban your crazy ass from this thread. Now please, no more private messages, no more reply's, no more comments, go do anything else please, there are plenty of other people to hassle in the world since that is your hobby, go annoy one of them instead.

Last edited by Hohenheiim on Sep 13, 2014, 2:33:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info