Items On Ebay.

So I have to go on eBay, give a guy money with the trust that he will exchange ign w me, log on and trade window me his item?? What a joke, I'd never do that.
Buying stuff defeats the purpose if me playing. I don't want to lose that " oh shit " facto when something better then what I got drops.
It's like back in the day , I bought grand theft auto and had so much fun the first day. But then a friend gave me a code to get Evry single weapon , and , well I ended up just running around blowing shit up for 20 minutes.
Got bored and never played again . It just lost that sense of wandering, finding a new wep, complete iny a mission.
I don't want POE to turn into my grand theft auto .
Then just dont use the code and oay GTA without it . Let the one who need it use it :)
IGN : SunPrice - Level 89 Standard
"
Tandimonium wrote:
"
Twiiik wrote:
What's the problem?
Working an hour extra at work, earning 100 USD, which I can buy an item which otherwise would take me 100, or maybe 500 hours of ingame play time to acquire? That item might be the one thing which makes my time spent playing the game even more swell.
Who are you to go all judgmental?

First off, where do you work? I make 13.50 an hour. Can you get me a job?

Who am I to go all judgemental? I am a player of a game who spends hours playing the game honest to get the gear I have. Why do you think it is ok to screw over everyone else just so you can be lazy?

Get you a job? Of course not.
Lazy people asks for things to be provided for them... Ops!

"Play the game honest"? How do you play the game "dishonest"?

Seriously. How on earth are anyone getting screwed over someone buying items from another player, either for cash for ingame items?

Edit:
If you don't have money, go grind for shit.
If you have money, do whatever you want with it.
If you think you would be destroying your game experience if you bought gear, then don't buy gear. How impossible dense can you get?!
And if you have time and money and enjoy what you do, whenever you do it, keep doing it... I do.
--== Enjoying the game ==--
Last edited by Twiiik on Feb 14, 2013, 7:55:56 AM
Thanks for the heads up, OP! Just got 10 alchemy for 4 dollars!
No. Just no. This game was never meant to be pay-to-win, and the developers spent many long, hard hours developing a cash shop completely AVOIDING the idea of Pay to win. This game is NOT pay to win, and it should never BE Pay to Win.

Having items on ebay just absolutely destroys that. That, and it has the potential to destabilize the ingame economy.
"
BRavich wrote:
Curious about the legality of the matter.

It breaches ToS and violates GGG's current copyrights. GGG has the ability to sue over this if wanted.
Last edited by Xendran on Feb 14, 2013, 3:42:34 PM
"
"
Kamun wrote:
No. Just no. This game was never meant to be pay-to-win, and the developers spent many long, hard hours developing a cash shop completely AVOIDING the idea of Pay to win. This game is NOT pay to win, and it should never BE Pay to Win.

Having items on ebay just absolutely destroys that. That, and it has the potential to destabilize the ingame economy.

Whether you or the developers like it or not, the game will always be pay-to-win through 3rd party sites. It won't be long until PoE shops open up and this game is in the same boat as D2. It is sad, but true.

Totally true. But 3rd party sites are also generally untrustworthy and require a ton of effort to get around and through. You're right though, transactions like, for example, a friend popping an exalted right beside you at a PC Cafe and you saying, "I'll give you 10$'s for that" is likely to happen (in various ways) and can't be stopped. But I don't think devs care about that because they can't do anything about it. The greatest appeal this game has in that it is by hardcore gamers for hardcore gamers. People will always try to take advantage of the pixel economy, but this economy is driven by time spent / farming / human beings, not an in-game shop which generates items and infuses the economy with heretofore unaccounted for resources. As such, if someone pays for anything (which is against the ToS) but still relatively negligible given the lack of safeguards in place, all that is happening is one player giving another player an item. That is not nearly as deprecating as a system wherein people throw around money and each recieve newly generated items/currency.

I highly doubt PoE shops will open up providing such items. What has created their popularity, their fanbase and their overall appeal has been precisely the fact that they haven't and have created a game which is challenging and complex if not at least fresh.
"
chosk3 wrote:
I mean, they might as well pay someone to play for them.

Pretty sure you can do this. Ever hear of "powerleveling"?

Now that sounds like a fun job.. People pay you to play the game for them to get their charcters higher level.
"
robble wrote:
"
chosk3 wrote:
I mean, they might as well pay someone to play for them.

Pretty sure you can do this. Ever hear of "powerleveling"?

Now that sounds like a fun job.. People pay you to play the game for them to get their charcters higher level.

i dont have problem with power lvling , many people payed me to kill boss/give tp etc.(i am free chaos ? hell yea :D)
Europe-Poland :D
MrJim Ranger 82lvl physical-build
MrJimo Templar 59lvl support-build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info