Kenzorz's Balls Deep Ball Lightning! [Patch 1.2.4.]

"
alkoxide wrote:
ill probably only be able to get a 5L/6S voll's. Im thinking of putting a curse (warlords or conductivity or assassin;s mark) in the extra socket

what do you think is the best curse? i suppose that depends on what the average light. res is in mobs, what your crit chance is, and whether or not you have issues surviving or maintaining mana.

Warlord's Mark and Enfeeble are good for any situation.

Assassin's Mark while it's good Elemental Weakness/Conductivity is sometimes better depending on lightning resist of the mob and vice versa.

However keep in mind it also depends on the socket colour of that 6th socket in your 5L Voll's. Took me around 200 chromatics to get 6 blue sockets on mine.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Sep 18, 2014, 7:15:39 AM
I'm starting on A3M and I'm having issues staying alive; it seems like I'll rapidly go from 2k life to near 0 and I'll have to pop all my seething charges and get out of there. How does survival work with this build given that the chest has fairly low stats and you don't take acro or anything?
"
Polarization wrote:
I'm starting on A3M and I'm having issues staying alive; it seems like I'll rapidly go from 2k life to near 0 and I'll have to pop all my seething charges and get out of there. How does survival work with this build given that the chest has fairly low stats and you don't take acro or anything?

I survive by having a large health pool and life leeching + killing everything before things get too chaotic. Also I have CwDT + Ice Spear + Elemental Proliferation for big hits.

As you level you should use CwDT + Warlord's Mark or Enfeeble, it's really helpful.

Also 2k life at A3M sounds like you don't have enough life on your gear.
Last edited by Kenzorz on Sep 19, 2014, 5:23:16 AM
"
Kenzorz wrote:
"
Polarization wrote:

I survive by having a large health pool and life leeching + killing everything before things get too chaotic. Also I have CwDT + Ice Spear + Elemental Proliferation for big hits.

As you level you should use CwDT + Warlord's Mark or Enfeeble, it's really helpful.

i usually gain about 1K life each difficulty. i usually have 3K life in A3M if the build has enough life on the tree. not a lot, just the standard amount of like 140-150.
"
alkoxide wrote:
"
Kenzorz wrote:
"
Polarization wrote:

i usually gain about 1K life each difficulty. i usually have 3K life in A3M if the build has enough life on the tree. not a lot, just the standard amount of like 140-150.

Hm, you could try take the life nodes just below Templar's power charge if you haven't, seeing as I only recently added those life nodes to my build recently.
the build also seems to be really heavy on crit % without a whole lot of spell/elemental damage. why the slant towards crit? obviously you have power charges you need to maintain, but theres almost no spell/ele dmg on the tree. just wondernig why. you dont even get lightning walker or heart of thunder by lvl 80
Last edited by alkoxide on Sep 20, 2014, 1:07:26 AM
"
alkoxide wrote:
the build also seems to be really heavy on crit % without a whole lot of spell/elemental damage. why the slant towards crit? obviously you have power charges you need to maintain, but theres almost no spell/ele dmg on the tree. just wondernig why. you dont even get lightning walker or heart of thunder by lvl 80

Considering I crit extremely often I would get a bigger damage boost per hit from crit multiplier than spell damage. (10% crit multiplier from the tree is equal to 15% more damage on crit whereas 10% spell damage is simply 10% increased spell damage). Also with a 6L my Ball Lightning does 3 types of damage: lightning, cold and chaos and the only crit, cast speed and spell damage scales all of them so I prioritise those passives instead of lightning damage.

I don't need to maintain my power charges, Voll's Protector produces power charges per hit unlike Power Charge on Crit which produces power charge per cast so a single Ball Lightning instantly gives me 7 power charges.
Last edited by Kenzorz on Sep 20, 2014, 6:30:40 AM
Hi.At first, thank you for sharing ur build!
and I have a question here.

Ball Ligtning says AoE damage nodes do nothing for BL.

>・Increased Area of Effect increases the range of the bolts fired from the lightning balls.
>・Concentrated Effect and "area of effect damage" passive nodes do nothing.

Are AoE nodes worth picking up only for AoE size?
"
huehuehue185 wrote:

Are AoE nodes worth picking up only for AoE size?

Yes, more AoE size means you can hit larger mosnter packs at once and also it means each Ball Lightning will continue to hit the same target more times since the AoE radius for targeting is larger.
"
Kenzorz wrote:

Yes, more AoE size means you can hit larger mosnter packs at once and also it means each Ball Lightning will continue to hit the same target more times since the AoE radius for targeting is larger.

Hi, I'm making similar build with Ball Lightning skill and I think it's a waste of points for AoE radius..
I won't lecture you about your choise, but why not use slower projectiles then? If you want ball to hit enemies more, it's a good choice I think.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info