Russian hackers hacked 5 mln google accounts.. Check your poe account!

Just a info for probably many of you who created account for POE with google gmail adress.
http://rt.com/news/186580-millions-google-accounts-leaked/

Important thing is that is not only for your mail but mostly from other sites that you used gmail account. Poe is example.
I was suprised that when i checked my mail on https://isleaked.com/en.php i saw my not gmail password but first 2 letters of my poe account password.

Make sure to check and change if your account is on a list.

Cheers and stay safe.

(If it is wrong forum to post that, please move it)

edit: fixed links.
Last edited by medrith on Sep 10, 2014, 9:19:34 AM
I also found my mail on that isleaked site, but the first 2 letters of the password that it gives doesn't match with the password I use for my email, but it does indeed match the first 2 letters of my poe account password. Though I have multiple passwords for other sites which start with the same two letters, but are totally different besides that. So that could just be a coincidence. I'll change my poe password just in case anyway.
if we use other emails we're safe right? like at n t and hot mail?
I love teddy bears.
Well i guess so, so far i found info only about Gmail accounts.
"
if we use other emails we're safe right? like at n t and hot mail?

You're never safe. It's a good idea to frequently change your passwords, especially of "meta" accounts like an email address that is used for other services. If that gets hacked, it can be a like domino effect.

Anyway, here's a clickable link of the article mentioned in the OP: http://rt.com/news/186580-millions-google-accounts-leaked/
Just link your phone to your email adresses so you can't be hacked it needs the code from your phone to continue
FYI: This happens on a monthly basis for several email providers yahoo, gmail, hotmail even ebay.

I recommend you change your passwords every few months, and have different passwords for different accounts.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Last edited by lVlage on Sep 10, 2014, 9:40:52 AM
I did this and then thought about it a little bit, did some research. Nothing else on the web mentions this hacking. Is this site legit? Needless to say, now I HAVE changed my passwords so just do it to be safe either way!
"
Xtermination wrote:
Just link your phone to your email adresses so you can't be hacked it needs the code from your phone to continue

Yeah, I get a text for my email security, plus other things. Also, all of my passwords are 100% different.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
"
tins00 wrote:
I did this and then thought about it a little bit, did some research. Nothing else on the web mentions this hacking. Is this site legit? Needless to say, now I HAVE changed my passwords so just do it to be safe either way!

The isleak site lets you use wildcards, so you don't HAVE to provide your full address. But it's good to change passwords often anyway. No harm in it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info