[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

I've finally decided to take the plunge and try a bow build for the 1 month league. A tabula dropped for me at level 2, in the coast right next to town. I've also picked up Dream Fragments, Wanderlust, and Slitherpinch. I don't have the links for a single target skill yet, so I'm using 6L TS in my tabula. The tabula begs to be worn, but it seems like it would work best with split arrow to kill off-screen, which would work best with a 5-6L single target. But if I've got a 5-6L bow, I could put on just a 4-5L rare with nice stats for cheap and use TS in the 5-6L.

I assume Lioneye's Glare is the way to go for 1 month league? They're already down to 10c.
"
"
TMHChaser wrote:
Thanks for posting this! Really helped me round out the final touches on my build. Do you mind linking your tree? I know you said you took the defense tree but I still want to see where you tweaked certain things.
Also what level maps are you able to run? And what CANT you run? Im guessing phys Ref?

Think mapping wise Phys Reflect is "doable" to an extent but is tedious enough that I would just skip it overall.

Otherwise no mods we technically can't do. Just have to adjust, ie., Blood Magic map I just turn off Heralds and carry another Atziri Flask. Ele Reflect turn off Hatred and HOA, remove WED gem if you use for LL gem, use AA and/or Grace. If you just wanna speed clear then of course mods you can ignore are best.

Yeah very true. I can run everything except Phys Reflect. I find I am not tanky enough at the moment so I am getting one shot occasionally from simple miss play/Lag from my ancient computer. Just need to get a few more adjustments to my over gear and ill be set. Also a nice DPS bow, my current one is not the best.

I do love this build though, really fast clears.
"
jbmcarth wrote:
I've finally decided to take the plunge and try a bow build for the 1 month league. A tabula dropped for me at level 2, in the coast right next to town. I've also picked up Dream Fragments, Wanderlust, and Slitherpinch. I don't have the links for a single target skill yet, so I'm using 6L TS in my tabula. The tabula begs to be worn, but it seems like it would work best with split arrow to kill off-screen, which would work best with a 5-6L single target. But if I've got a 5-6L bow, I could put on just a 4-5L rare with nice stats for cheap and use TS in the 5-6L.

I assume Lioneye's Glare is the way to go for 1 month league? They're already down to 10c.

Yup.

That was my original plan was to sell my soul for Lioneye as soon as I could (or any good weapon). But as awkward as it was, wound up settling on Voltaxic when it was available for the 1M ^^

Did a weird leveling tree so had no issues with the transition, although I went Scion for fun.

"
TMHChaser wrote:
Yeah very true. I can run everything except Phys Reflect. I find I am not tanky enough at the moment so I am getting one shot occasionally from simple miss play/Lag from my ancient computer. Just need to get a few more adjustments to my over gear and ill be set. Also a nice DPS bow, my current one is not the best.

I do love this build though, really fast clears.

What does your gear look like? Can maybe provide some tips.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Oct 4, 2015, 9:53:25 PM
My Gear
Spoiler
Spoiler

Ah. Gearing wise it is okay, I feel like investing in more than a couple of Uniques tends to cut life a little low. Rat's/Maligaro are always nice so of course we don't sacrifice those slots, but in the end I always wind up going back to a Rare Belt. Rare Boots will provide similar life values to Atziri Step, but free up the rest of your jewelry so you can optimize without having to sacrifice so many affixes for Resistances.

Your links are a little odd, though. Would try to get at least RRRx somewhere so you can use CWDT. I don't think the 4L investment in Golems is that important tbh. You can use that setup for even a Curse on Hit 4L which I think would improve performance overall.

How is your Crit %? May look to upgrade your bow when/if you get the currency.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Oct 4, 2015, 11:00:01 PM
Hello! You picked jewel node in passive tree, but no words about what jewels u recomend.
Also 108 points skill tree bad link.
Last edited by Aleunei on Oct 5, 2015, 7:19:17 AM
"
Ah. Gearing wise it is okay, I feel like investing in more than a couple of Uniques tends to cut life a little low. Rat's/Maligaro are always nice so of course we don't sacrifice those slots, but in the end I always wind up going back to a Rare Belt. Rare Boots will provide similar life values to Atziri Step, but free up the rest of your jewelry so you can optimize without having to sacrifice so many affixes for Resistances.

Your links are a little odd, though. Would try to get at least RRRx somewhere so you can use CWDT. I don't think the 4L investment in Golems is that important tbh. You can use that setup for even a Curse on Hit 4L which I think would improve performance overall.

How is your Crit %? May look to upgrade your bow when/if you get the currency.

Completely agree, I actually just have that odd golem set up for no reason, was only testing him. I usually play with a friend who curses enough for us so I was just testing out the golem, I am going to change that for sure.

My life is pretty low, I am waiting for someone to come online so I can buy an amulet that will allow me to allocate my stats easier. Crit change is at 52% which I would like to get to 60%+ (2 diamond rings will help).

As for my bow, I am saving for a 400+ DPS. But thats going to take a bit.

Really appreciate the input though Thank you!
hello ppl im at level 90, 4.5k life and 45k ts atm whit frenzy charges(witch is prety much all the time) im flying trough maps up to 77 or tier 10 no problem. my question is: i want to try to tackle maps of tiers 11 to 15. is 5k life a must? or will i survive with 4.5k?

ps i also use artic armour instead of herald
Last edited by maniza on Oct 5, 2015, 10:45:44 AM
Hi guys, I'm thinking on running this build with a 6L Lioneye's Glare. Does this change the Tornado Shot/Puncture gem setup in any way? I'm wondering wether or not should I reserve a slot for ICS/ICSM. Am I correct here? Any other suggestions maybe? What about the skill tree? Should I proiritze some different nodes in order to make best use of Glare's accuracy and speed?

Another question I have concerns Iron Reflexes. Being used to armor character I'm kind of worried that evasion/dodge mechanics won't do and I will die often on merciless and high level maps. Is it wise to consider taking Iron Reflexes instead of Acrobatics? Or is this a definite no with this particular build?
Sorry I'm new to PoE so this might be an obvious answer but I've looked through the thread and his 1 week and 4 week gear (I know that was gear prior to the CWDT nerf so it's possible it has changed) but I was wondering about Blood Rage. In the guide it says it's mandatory but no where in the gear did I see it worn. Again forgive my ignorance if it's obvious but this is my first character to 60+ and I'm learning so much every day. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info