[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

I think I have decent gears but my Tornado tooltip show only 16.5K with 3 auras. Is it worth to upgrade to 6L Bow or just get a higher pDPS 5L bow? I don't know how pDPS Bow is scaled. My current bow pDPS is 273. Will a bow with 350+ pDPS boost my DPS by hefty margin?

BTW I am using Drillneck but I find that Faster Attacks gives more DPS than Pierce (20/20), hence the missing Pierce in my setup.

Current stats:
- 4.1K Life
- Max resist
- 62% crit

Here are my gears and tree. Can someone suggest me what I should upgrade first to boost my DPS over 25k.

Gears

Tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BiMILgiJCpsVIBa_GY4ZtB9BIXYj9iT9JpUqCyo4Kk0qWyzpMHEwfDH6MgEylDWSNj051DpCPydHfkp9SshLeE2SUUdS7FVLVvpbr11oYeJh62KsZU1noGyMbWxuqm_ycFJw1XXLdvd313jrelN9W38CfyuCXobOh3aJ04wLjDaNfY2_lQWa8Zsmm42dqqCfpuCpbqxHshm1SLXyuXy9Nr6nwTPC7MqpytPPetN-1CPWiti92cbdDd2o45_nCudU53To1upi7LDtg-968-r8xf_e
Last edited by Suxipo2001 on Feb 22, 2015, 1:41:02 AM
"
Will a bow with 350+ pDPS boost my DPS by hefty margin?

YES.

Try and get a bow with ias and higher min/max physical damage rolls. Something like this or better:

Honestly it's probably worth scouring that bow and crafting ias in place of wed and aim for a higher flat phys dmg roll. it'll make a big difference. in any case if you're going to invest in 6ling you want the bow to be pretty damn solid, and 273 pdps is pretty bad honestly compared to what it could be. (mine's 340 iirc, for reference)

Also, why no Atziri's Step? 14-16% spell dodge is an extremely significant boost to ehp and worth juggling jewelry a bit to cap resists.
Last edited by alexvsevil on Feb 22, 2015, 6:02:21 AM
@Suxipo2001:
- Drillneck doesn't make sense if you don't use pierce. Change it for a rare quiver with high crit multi and other desired stats. You will also save 4 passive points in the process which you could use for more life or to take aspect of the eagle through the crit/att speed nodes. The 8% attack speed starting node is also worth taking.

- Move speed matters a lot for clearing speed, and your boots have none. That's an important issue imho.

- Don't bother with the evasion nodes in the evasion wheel.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
alexvsevil wrote:
"
Will a bow with 350+ pDPS boost my DPS by hefty margin?

YES.

Try and get a bow with ias and higher min/max physical damage rolls. Something like this or better:

Honestly it's probably worth scouring that bow and crafting ias in place of wed and aim for a higher flat phys dmg roll. it'll make a big difference. in any case if you're going to invest in 6ling you want the bow to be pretty damn solid, and 273 pdps is pretty bad honestly compared to what it could be. (mine's 340 iirc, for reference)

Also, why no Atziri's Step? 14-16% spell dodge is an extremely significant boost to ehp and worth juggling jewelry a bit to cap resists.

Yes it's worth it, that's what I said. Why would I have included them in my own endgame gear otherwise?! But if you are strapped for cash and hit a glass ceiling there's no point hanging on to them. Replace, advance in the game, get them back. It is just so much easier and cost effective to replace step instead of already decent jewellery to save up for several gear upgrades at once. Especially if you are using Lightning Coil like the poster I told this to.

Edit: @Suxipo2001 And you should definitely not scour that bow. You should remove the master crafted mods. That's probably what alex meant. Scouring would net you a white bow. And the master crafted flat phys is actually not that bad. The min roll could be higher. But I agree. Atk spd hugely outperforms because every +atk speed you get scales of the speed of the weapon.
Last edited by horstkaracho on Feb 22, 2015, 7:18:31 AM
"
horstkaracho wrote:

Edit: @Suxipo2001 And you should definitely not scour that bow. You should remove the master crafted mods. That's probably what alex meant. Scouring would net you a white bow. And the master crafted flat phys is actually not that bad. The min roll could be higher. But I agree. Atk spd hugely outperforms because every +atk speed you get scales of the speed of the weapon.

"
alexvsevil wrote:

That weapon cant get atk spd on it. There are already 3 suffixes including master mod. Unless you want to sacrifice crit multiplier or go full scourge and craft everything from scratch which is pointless... Probably alex meant the scourge really:)

Just sell that bow when you got better and use it until that moment.

I also have a similar troll bow in my stash. Considering craft or not to craft... I ll craft suffixes then exalt it for a prefix, probably then i ll sell it if no good pre comes out. Cuz i am already using another self crafted troll bow.

Last edited by mindrust8 on Feb 22, 2015, 9:20:28 AM
"
Zephryl wrote:
Okay, I'll keep an eye out on poe.trade for a Life + 2Res chest. So far nothing in my price range, at least from people Online. I've yet to get a response from anyone offline using poe.trade, so I avoid them.

Finally hit level 78, so I've got to decide where to take my character beyond the 99 point build. Currently considering speccing into Weathered Hunter to get 14% to all Res's, to give me some more freedom upgrading my gear.

Hired Killer and Piercing Shots both look really good though... Ah, the decisions :\

I always pull open the sale thread from .trade to see when the sellers last update was. If there's a good item at a good price, and the seller has updated recently, I'll throw them on my friends list until I see them online. Saves from refreshing poe.trade constantly.

I like Weathered Hunter. Only 3 points to invest since you're on the path already. Gives you accuracy, resists, and some extra dex.

I plan on finishing my tree around the Hired Killer / True Strike / Harrier nodes. Plus you go through Reflexes to get to them for a decent evasion bump on the way.
"

I always pull open the sale thread from .trade to see when the sellers last update was. If there's a good item at a good price, and the seller has updated recently, I'll throw them on my friends list until I see them online. Saves from refreshing poe.trade constantly.

I like Weathered Hunter. Only 3 points to invest since you're on the path already. Gives you accuracy, resists, and some extra dex.

I plan on finishing my tree around the Hired Killer / True Strike / Harrier nodes. Plus you go through Reflexes to get to them for a decent evasion bump on the way.

Ah! I didn't think of that, I'll definitely try that... once I get some currency. I can't get much for 5 Chaos haha.

Those are the nodes I was considering, so I might do that then. Thanks!

Also, is there an easy way to figure out your Max Mana with aura's and reduced mana and such without actually doing the spec and finding out? I want to regret the 3 nodes I used to get Mana Leech, since I get 2% from my Quiver, but I'm not sure I'll have enough Mana left afterwards...
"
mindrust8 wrote:

That weapon cant get atk spd on it.

i meant atk speed instead of crit multi. sry for the confusion. outperforms multi in most cases
"
Zephryl wrote:

Also, is there an easy way to figure out your Max Mana with aura's and reduced mana and such without actually doing the spec and finding out? I want to regret the 3 nodes I used to get Mana Leech, since I get 2% from my Quiver, but I'm not sure I'll have enough Mana left afterwards...

google "poe aura calculator"

edit: just realized that you want to calculate you new max mana. wasnt there an option in poebuilder at one time to include gear, or am i mistaken?
Last edited by horstkaracho on Feb 22, 2015, 1:43:12 PM
This option has been removed.

You can use this if you have excel, open office or libre office.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info