[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
Desm0nt wrote:
"
Tosimaru wrote:
Hey guys. Been leveling my Ranger at level 58 and my gems up. But I just want to know if someone can help me out or post a list of the gems used in this build with what level and quality they should all be at. I'm really enjoying this build so far and I don't want to mess it up with wrong gem levels and stuff. Thank you in advance!

Fits of all - all gems must be lvl 20 =) But seriously, you need q20 faster attack and q20 increase crit mult, it seriously increase your DPS. Also good choice q20 gmp and q20 heralds. The remaining gems good enough, but if you suddenly have the opportunity to get their quality version - aiming to get it.

P.S. sorry for my bad english.

Thanks for the reply. But I don't think that answer may be correct.
So I managed my goal with this build that was to down Uber Atziri in Torment using tornado shot and puncture, had 2 portals left when it was over. Had 1 failed attempt at level 92 with alot less dps. Being able to kill stuff fast is key to getting this thing done it seems, combined with good dodging skills, flask management and knowledge about the mechanics. With flasks and charges up up I had 51k lmp tornado and 76k puncture with added arrow quiver. Crit chance at about 95% w 4 charges, 89% accu.

Gear:
Spoiler

Skill tree:
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
"
partyboy79 wrote:
"
Fainz wrote:
"
partyboy79 wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm following this build and It's very fun, It's my first ranger and the best char since I start poe (start just before the torment league). I'm currently lvl 72 and try to update a bit my char.

I have some questions, is there a substitute to the 4 red link CWDT / Endur / Immor / increased duration ?

I just spent 200+ chroms and the best I can have is 2 red sockets not even 3, try some 25chroms for min 2 reds (try to get at least 3) with no luck. Now I'm quite low on chroms and for my nerves I prefer make a break on those tries :)

I was wondering what I can do next to upgrade my gear, here is my current gear :

I'm currently capped with my rez and have the 4% mana leech from rings. This stuff don't cost me much (I don't have much currency :)) I think around 80 chaos for all.

What piece of gear can I change next ? I don't have a harbinger yet, if I buy one with at least 250pdps will it be better for the build than my lioneyes (330pdps). Is there rolls to focus on ? between 2 same pdps harbinger it is better to take the one with higher critical for example ?

Sorry for my noobish questions and thanks for your reponse !

I feel like 3 red CWDT is very important for an evasion based build, if you get a Daresso's Defiance then you can maybe get away with just CWDT and IC since you will have endurance charges from killing trash. I wouldn't worry about buying one of those yet though since it will set you back 2 ex for a 5L. I gave my Atziri's step to a friend to get the colours, he always has better luck than myself with chroms but it still took him just over 200 (RRRB) which I was thankful for.

Your next upgrade should definitely be a harbinger, the crit makes the build feel a lot nicer than lioneye's (I used Lioneye's for quite a while in early maps). Basically it's going to cost you a fair bit to get one that's a big enough upgrade to make it worth buying, I spent 5 ex on mine and I would suggest you spend no less than this unless you find an excellent bargain. Get something with at least 8.5% crit and at least 300 PHYSICAL dps, elemental is a nice addittion but you deal primarily physical damage, and the elemental damage you do benefits from having more phys. After the harbinger I would maybe look towards a better quiver.

thanks for your quick response, when you say 8.5% crit, it means that the bow have to up my critical chance by 8.5% ? I guess this is a formula based on my current crit chance and the crit chance of the bow ? How I can calculate this ? (juste add +x% of the bow on my current crit % ?) Thanks !

What I mean is, when you read the bows stats and it has "Physical damage, Crit chance, attacks per second"; that crit chance should read at least 8.5%, from my understanding this is the base crit chance that will be scaled by your other crit chance passives etc, so having it high is important and that's the primary reason we pick harbinger bow over other bows (implicit crit modifier).
Thx for your explanation Fainz!

just bought this bow for 15c, it has 306pdps. I'm quite noob in crafting, can I use a blessed orb on it to have a better crit chance in implicit mod ?

I try to have at least a 3red socket for CWDT combo. Is it better to use the artisan bench with 25chrom at least 2 red, or try to hit them normally ?

Thx !
Last edited by partyboy79 on Jan 30, 2015, 6:20:30 AM
Yes, Harbinger Bow implicit property ranges from 30 to 50% Increased Crit Chance. So yours is nearly lowest roll. A blessed orb would only change the 31% Crit Chance (randomly between 30 and 50%), so I would use blessed orbs until it is around 45-50%.

/Edit: About the socket colors ... I would color another gear piece (Gloves or Boots) for 3-4 red sockets. Chest and Bow are pretty optimal for Puncture/Tornado Shot colors.

But if you want to try, the 2-red recipe (25 chroms) would probably the best bet.
Last edited by daish0 on Jan 30, 2015, 7:00:15 AM
"
partyboy79 wrote:

just bought this bow for 15c, it has 306pdps. I'm quite noob in crafting, can I use a blessed orb on it to have a better crit chance in implicit mod ?

I try to have at least a 3red socket for CWDT combo. Is it better to use the artisan bench with 25chrom at least 2 red, or try to hit them normally ?

Thx !

Guy above me pretty much covered it.

Blessed orbs are going to change that crit roll and you want it as close to 50 as you can, but don't invest too much since that bow will only last you so long.

For 3 red my friend used the vorici recipe and it cost around 200 as I mentioned, but honestly either way it's going to cost around the same, you just have to hope to get lucky. Of course you want the 3 red on boots/helm/gloves, not bow/chest, but I think you were already going this route.
"
Fainz wrote:
"
partyboy79 wrote:

Thx !

Blessed orbs are going to change that crit roll and you want it as close to 50 as you can, but don't invest too much since that bow will only last you so long.

For 3 red my friend used the vorici recipe and it cost around 200 as I mentioned, but honestly either way it's going to cost around the same, you just have to hope to get lucky. Of course you want the 3 red on boots/helm/gloves, not bow/chest, but I think you were already going this route.

Thx daish0 and fainz for your response !

I understand that this bow is not the best I can get, despite he has 300pDps +.
What mods do I have to seek in priority for my next harbinger ? %increase phy dmg + Physical dmg + a second critical chance mod ? is that this last mod lacking on my current bow ?

Thx !
"
partyboy79 wrote:
"
Fainz wrote:
"
partyboy79 wrote:

Thx !

Thx daish0 and fainz for your response !

I understand that this bow is not the best I can get, despite he has 300pDps +.
What mods do I have to seek in priority for my next harbinger ? %increase phy dmg + Physical dmg + a second critical chance mod ? is that this last mod lacking on my current bow ?

Thx !

As your next upgrade you should be looking for one with higher base crit (this will require it to have a crit mod as well as the implicit).

See where yours says 6.55% crit, that's your base crit which then gets multiplied by all your tree and other gear crit chance. For example let's say you have 400% crit from tree and gear other than the bow:

6.55 x 4 = 26.2 % chance to crit
8.5 (which is the minimum base crit Fainz mentioned looking for) x 4 = 34 % chance to crit

This difference only gets bigger the more crit chance you have on the tree and gear and given this is a crit build, base crit on weapon is one of the most important damage stats you can possibly have. When you start to get high crit multi, most of your damage is going to come from the hits that crit, so critting more often has a huge impact on overall damage.
Last edited by Infinitied on Jan 30, 2015, 10:21:56 AM
Thx Infinitied ! Your explanation is very clear, ok now need to get those currencies !
"
dEus__ wrote:
"
T33mon wrote:
Thanks, one last question about crafting bows - i got this one:

Is it better to craft than the "second"
one?

Thank in advance...

They are both pretty damn good. If you want to multimod these bows than take the first one. It will have over 300 dps with over 8,5% crit if you are lucky with the rolls. (crit chance + atk speed). If you sell the second bow you will easily get the money for the multimod back.

Thanks, i added att speed (got high roll- 11%) and crit chance (got low roll - 22%)
DPS went from 13k to 17k :)
Got a nice 320 pDPS bow
I have one mod left - should a add lightning damage or increased elemental damage with weapons?

Last edited by T33mon on Jan 30, 2015, 2:27:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info