[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

If I'm not using drillneck, what's the better 5th link for Puncture: additional accuracy or pierce?
"
Fri3dchick3m wrote:
"
PedrinTornado wrote:
Mana per kill / hit is better than maximum mana and mana regen rate?

Thanks.
i dumped about 10 passive points into it and the regen was still not great. Bigger mana pool and less OOM states, but it didn't solve my root issue. The 10 passives filled out my defensives and now I am allocating points to damage.

The only cost was having to use a flask when I use too many auxiliary skills in a row

If you feel you dont leech back enough mana, try to use Vorici's gloves (+20-40% leech rate). That will boost survivability as well due to faster life leech.

You can also link auxiliary skills (curse, etc) to blood magic if you have small free mana pool.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Fri3dchick3m wrote:
"
PedrinTornado wrote:
Mana per kill / hit is better than maximum mana and mana regen rate?

Thanks.
i dumped about 10 passive points into it and the regen was still not great. Bigger mana pool and less OOM states, but it didn't solve my root issue. The 10 passives filled out my defensives and now I am allocating points to damage.

The only cost was having to use a flask when I use too many auxiliary skills in a row

If you feel you dont leech back enough mana, try to use Vorici's gloves (+20-40% leech rate). That will boost survivability as well due to faster life leech.

You can also link auxiliary skills (curse, etc) to blood magic if you have small free mana pool.

I was just outlining my path to discovery on solving my mana issues - which could not be brute-forced with passive points.

My point was, that your mana leech from the tree is sufficient given your accuracy rate is high enough (less missed shots means less wasted mana, and more leech opportunity).

Sorry, these are better than any Vorici gloves, and are not leaving my hands :D

IGN: Grave_Intentions
$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802
Last edited by Fri3dchick3m on Sep 16, 2014, 1:50:19 AM
"
slowhanded wrote:
If I'm not using drillneck, what's the better 5th link for Puncture: additional accuracy or pierce?

Quality additional accuracy most likely.

-----------------

I still will answer the other messages here (especailly MortalKombat3's VERY interesting note on crit/evasion/accuracy interaction, I'll have to review and recalculate a lot of things), but I'm currently pretty much overloaded with work and will be inactive until this friday.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Q: How do you deal with spell based physical damage ex. Ethereal Knives?
"
Fri3dchick3m wrote:

Those gloves are BiS for sure. If you have mana problems wth them, then you just have too small free mana pool. Try to drop Herald of Ice (or whatever you're using), for example - with your uber-gear you dont need actually. With Hatred and Herald of Fire only you should have a plenty MP.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MaxStrategy wrote:

You dont go close quarters, you do not stay in circles, you pretty much do not go yolo unless you have legendary gloves and you will be fine. With gloves you can run maps with eyes closed.

thank you love not overly pricey end game viable builds
"
MaxStrategy wrote:

There are only 3 sources worth noting:

1) Bear trap from a few exiles and a boss
2) Ethreal knives from 2 exiles
3) The explosion from the evangelists

These things never have a chance to instantly take you down. You can always survive 3-4 hits of those at the very least.

You still have up to 46% spelldodge which helps a lot.

Also all of those have a very limited, very avoidable area of effect.

Drink potions, move and keep them frozen, knockbacked and preferably dead. You kill all exiles and mobs fast enough to avoid this threat from ever becoming too serious.

Most deaths (outside of Atziri/uber-Atziri) I had were usually caused by utter stupidity ("lets do double GMP -res level 78 dominus), lack of attention (going afk in desecrated ground), disconnects or for some reason Ice nova boxes. Laugh all you want, but I swear something is VERY wrong with those boxes , I got 1-shot by those twice with 4.8k HP at capped resists in level 76 maps...
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Sep 16, 2014, 5:15:26 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Fri3dchick3m wrote:

Those gloves are BiS for sure. If you have mana problems wth them, then you just have too small free mana pool. Try to drop Herald of Ice (or whatever you're using), for example - with your uber-gear you dont need actually. With Hatred and Herald of Fire only you should have a plenty MP.

Maybe I am not being clear enough? I have NO mana problems. I don't need help. I was just relating my experience to help those that ARE having mana problems.
IGN: Grave_Intentions
$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info