[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

They nerfed tornado shot in 1.2.3?

I didnt understand the "Significantly reduced the damage of Tornado Shot being used by beyond Demons."
Last edited by PedrinTornado on Sep 16, 2014, 1:17:52 PM
"
PedrinTornado wrote:
They nerfed tornado shot in 1.2.2?

Nope, only the one used by beyond demons.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
"
"
PedrinTornado wrote:
They nerfed tornado shot in 1.2.2?

Nope, only the one used by beyond demons.

Oh, ok!

Thanks!

Talking about mana problems, I think that I'll use mana flaks until reach a high level!
Why do you lose your resistance to elemental reflect with a Lionseye Glare?
Prylos // RoA Marauder 89+

My godly belt collection - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/334226
Mapping Discussion - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/361880/page/1
My initial review of both ice shot and tornado can be represented in the following way:

Tornado Shot is a surgical device, whereas Ice Shot is a sledgehammer. Both work extremely well in this build. Carry both incase you do a reflect map of one or the other Dmg type.

Tornado shot is pretty much the frag grenade you've been looking for and is really geared towards this next generation of player who can't aim, or target. In fact, the worse my aim got, the faster things die. Very few things improve while being intoxicated, but this is one of them. By the 3rd and 4th beer, my clearspeeds improved by about 30%.

This is all in jest and I would never condone firing a high-powered bow while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. :)

IGN: Grave_Intentions
$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802
Last edited by Fri3dchick3m on Sep 16, 2014, 2:36:32 PM
I'm not an experienced player and I'm trying this build in Beyond league. What tweaks exactly should I make to this build to lessen my chances of dying?

I know it says in the OP that grace is unnecessary, but is it viable if you're playing hardcore? I checked Mathil's and ZiggyD's guides and they both use grace, so I'm unsure.
"
KingKetchup wrote:
I'm not an experienced player and I'm trying this build in Beyond league. What tweaks exactly should I make to this build to lessen my chances of dying?

I know it says in the OP that grace is unnecessary, but is it viable if you're playing hardcore? I checked Mathil's and ZiggyD's guides and they both use grace, so I'm unsure.

The rule of hardcore: Defences are primary, everythyng else - secondary. That's why they use Grace.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
In your end tree you give the advice to take Master Fletcher as example for damage but spec out of Heavy Draw.
The nodes to Heavy Draw give you more damage and extra stun, I'm never gonna spec out of Heavy Draw myself btw.

Same with Ballistic Mastery and Aspect of the Eagle. They are close and very effective imo.

This might all be due to the fact that I don't have very good gear and could use the extra DPS.
You on the other hand might have enough DPS to breeze through all of the content and therefore take more defensive nodes.
"
ressiv wrote:
In your end tree you give the advice to take Master Fletcher as example for damage but spec out of Heavy Draw.
The nodes to Heavy Draw give you more damage and extra stun, I'm never gonna spec out of Heavy Draw myself btw.

Same with Ballistic Mastery and Aspect of the Eagle. They are close and very effective imo.

This might all be due to the fact that I don't have very good gear and could use the extra DPS.
You on the other hand might have enough DPS to breeze through all of the content and therefore take more defensive nodes.

1) I never said that. I never recommended speccing out of heavy draw for master fletcher. I'm not a big fan of master fletcher in general.
2) Aspect of the eagle and ballistic mastery are not exactly horrible. However, they are mediocre and I prefer the extra survival over damage
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Sep 17, 2014, 4:44:04 AM
"
"
ressiv wrote:

1) I never said that. I never recommended speccing out of heavy draw for master fletcher. I'm not a big fan of master fletcher in general.
2) Aspect of the eagle and ballistic mastery are not exactly horrible. However, they are mediocre and I prefer the extra survival over damage

Yeah, and there are a plenty of DPS options afterall. Shadow's starting area (AS+damage), Heavy Draw, Master Fletcher, +20% crit chance nodes, Avatar of the Hunt and Depth Perception. The problem with Ballistic Master and Aspect of the is that they provide bad "DPS/points" ratio and have a horrible exit.
I've decided to drop Revenge of the Hunted cluster (as i believe it provides too low defence/point value) and just pick 5% life nodes instead. I've also decided, that Harrier + Hired Killer + True Strike also provide quite poor bonuses per point spent, so i've decided to drop them too. Thinking realistically, my build will probably have around 103 points spent (85 level), as leveling your character higher is rather luxury. I also assumed i wont use Drillneck yet (as it's quite costly and would serve well only with 6-link), so i grabbed extra "increased damage" (i think i need it because Tornado shot itself doesnt provide any "increased damage").

Here is what i've ended with:
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BiMILgiJCpsVIBa_GY4fQSF2IuIj9iT9JpUqCypbLOkwcTB8Mfo51DpCR-JKfUt4TZJRR1LsVUtW-luvXWhh4mKsZ6BsjHBSdvd313jrfXV_K4bOh3aMNo19jb-VBZrxm42dqqCfpDmv67VIwTPC7Mqp0IHTftQj1ordDd2o5wrnVO2D73rz6vzF_rr_3rTFkArYvTWStfJuqkrIPycqTTY9bWym4H8CMpTZxoJepldN4_6P_gryRTrhb_Jw1YnTJT-r0tqNMZ4=

Also a tip for leveling:

Get this gem as fast as possible (Ranger doesnt get it for quest, so either buy it or start a maradeur/duelist and push yourself to Caverns (they get it as 1-st support gem).
It will save your butt in countless cases.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 17, 2014, 5:26:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info