2.0 Universal Shadow crit CI flicker strike build - Flicker is not dead!!!

"
lopae wrote:
what about shavs and going low life?

Wrote about shavs a lot before - look through the thread - in a couple of words - it will be another build.

"
lopae wrote:
ans why not use a pure ES chest?

1) Defences
2) i have enough ES
3) it's hard to get 2B-3R-1G on pure-es chest:)

"
DarkenLord wrote:
Why didn't you take Blood Drinker? Wouldn't it help to mantain your ES?

you have enough life-leach from blood magic

"
Constantin wrote:
Which is better... -> Bino's Kitchen Knife / Soul Taker (non Legacy) or any other crit knife with around 300 dps for this type of built ?

http://poe.trade/search/amoniwouzumoot - these are the best

"
Sticazzy wrote:
so, NO CARE for ARMOR at all, right? ES than evasion.

You always have to chouse armour vs evasion

"
yusufalperen wrote:
what about duel wielding

does not work with flicker strike and frenzy
This build looks awesome, I'm having a lot of fun with flicker and frenzy. Although my skill tree so far is not optimal for it as I am brand new to PoE. Now that I have a respec available, when should I respec? I'm lvl 45.
"
Shy_Migrain wrote:
This build looks awesome, I'm having a lot of fun with flicker and frenzy. Although my skill tree so far is not optimal for it as I am brand new to PoE. Now that I have a respec available, when should I respec? I'm lvl 45.

Thanks for your feedback, mate!

You can respect now, but my advice is not to take Chaos Innoculation untill level 55-60.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The guide has been updated for 1.3

Please, feel free to make any comments and share your ideas!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by BOOMbastik_RUS on Dec 15, 2014, 1:08:53 PM
"
"
Shy_Migrain wrote:

Thanks for your feedback, mate!

You can respect now, but my advice is not to take Chaos Innoculation untill level 55-60.

The guide has been updated for 1.3

Please, feel free to make any comments and share your ideas!

I personally took CI at around 45-50 cause I could afford to. If you have a godly gear, then having CI or not doesn't really matter cause you'll be doing way more DPS than mobs can handle in those zones (lvl 45---->70). Actually, this build has probably the highest safe/deadly ratio that I ever tried (Maybe my split arrow/puncture ranger too). If you don't have godly gear then yea, probably follow the author's advices ;)
IGN: TeslaChronos / Face_Tankit
hi, thanks for the guide, I am loving this build so far. However, I am a new player and I don't have the ES gears to transition into CI. Am thinking if it is possible to not go CI and gets life leech gears instead to sustain Blood Rage?
"
hi, thanks for the guide, I am loving this build so far. However, I am a new player and I don't have the ES gears to transition into CI. Am thinking if it is possible to not go CI and gets life leech gears instead to sustain Blood Rage?

Hello,

Back in the days I had a Flicker Duelist life-based build, and the way I was sustaining blood rage was first by having a high amount of life regen and second, I was using those boots

The "Life regen per frenzy charge" is more than enough to sustain blood rage. Since you're a new player, I guess it's gonna be hard for you to gear with ES and shit, so I suggest you adapt the build in order to go full life-based, and with those boots (they costs something like between 1c-5c), you should be allright. I remember my duelist was quiete strong, I was using a Soul taker and a high DPS one handed sword because at the time the node "Mind Drinker" (mana leech) didn't exist and the only problem was mana.
IGN: TeslaChronos / Face_Tankit
Hello, im trying this build and im lvl 50. So far, I was doing very good damage but I took too much damage. I don't have CI, I have 1200 of life and 300 of ES, and I prioritized damage on skill tree. Should I get more ES on gear and go for CI?

Thanks for the guide!
"
Nordigh wrote:
Hello, im trying this build and im lvl 50. So far, I was doing very good damage but I took too much damage. I don't have CI, I have 1200 of life and 300 of ES, and I prioritized damage on skill tree. Should I get more ES on gear and go for CI?

Thanks for the guide!

Hi, here!

Sure, if you see, that your char has insufficient life - take some life/es nodes from the tree and just re-roll them after taking CI. I did the same thing. And don't forget about resistance. Before 1.3 patch you could get much more block chance, so leveling was easier anyway.
problem with ci is getting urself frozen and stun locked. Why is it that u're not taking unwavering stance? since most projectiles dmg are chaos, and some are fire dmg, and ranged mobs are always weaker and have less hp. So i skipped ondar's. Wont u ever get urself stun locked like dom's wriggly lightning attack etc? it's basically a death wish w/o unwavering stance. Pls do enlighten me for not taking tht node. I do think it's worth it for the points, plus u get additional str for gems. ty

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info