Plasmabitch - Facemelt Almost Everything [RF+Incn+AA+EB+MoM]

"

How would curse reflection ignite yourself? Also since you'd become immune to ignite for 3 seconds after being ignited... doesn't that mean if the ignite doesn't last for at least 3 seconds then you're going to be missing out on the cast speed while you're immune?

I have no idea I was thinking the % chance of flammability on to myself would increase the chance of ignite but I don't know what that would do to my fire res either. It's something worth testing but it's not anything for this build.

But if you get 40% cast speed from 2 rings for only a few seconds here & there, its almost like Vaal haste and it might be worth it :) Prolong benefits like that would probably be considered OP which is why it's so limited to a temporary condition.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
"
cgexile wrote:
"
So I've really been wanting a build that utilizes double mokou + cloak of flame to the maximum... and I was thinking of an RF + Flame Surge (Always on Fire, Both AoE skills so AoE nodes help) while fighting in melee for Cloak of Fire+Mokou's activations to get dat cast speed.

Then I come across this build... wow, it's impressive as all hell.

I wonder if anyone could help me tweak aspects of it to work in closer range with Surge instead of Incinerate? Only problem is Cloak of Flame provides so little defenses and I'll need to be in melee (rampage, I can deal with deaths I guess).

Initially I was going a more classic RF route with HP/Armour/Regen while picking up some fire damage nodes and cannot evade (to encourage Cloak of Fire activations)... but now I'm thinking maybe it would be better to run a low damage but somehow sustainable RF with AoE damage/size increase, Flame Surge, and possible crit nodes (Three Dragons w/ Flame Surge maybe?).

Any thoughts on this?

I don't have much experience with Flame Surge but you can quickly identify the pros & cons. AOE, high fire dps is great as you pointed out. However, it's cast speed is a lot less, and since it's not a projectile, someone can correct me on the range but I don't believe it has the potential to basically go across the entire screen like Incinerate which is a huge plus when it comes to safety & such (not to mention it going across the entire screen with LMP).

As far as the Mokou rings, I personally don't even use them to their full potential. It's on my to-do to try and play with curse reflection (those unique gloves) to try and ignite myself but its a hefty cost to give up good yellow gloves for those other gloves - and to give up a second or 3rd curse because the more curses you can stack, the more of them get reflected on to you :(

Right, flammability would increase your chance to be ignited, but Mokou's already provides 50% chance for any particular bit of fire damage to ignite you, along side Cloak of Flame if you're taking damage you'll probably always be on fire... it just requires that you take damage though...
IGN: ShockinglyCute
"

Right, flammability would increase your chance to be ignited, but Mokou's already provides 50% chance for any particular bit of fire damage to ignite you, along side Cloak of Flame if you're taking damage you'll probably always be on fire... it just requires that you take damage though...

Well to get ignited is tricky. I believe you need to get whacked with a crit strike to actually get ignited so it's not that easy. I think Flammability helps with that somehow.

Over-max res in the case of an RF build should deal with any fire damage.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
"
cgexile wrote:
"

Well to get ignited is tricky. I believe you need to get whacked with a crit strike to actually get ignited so it's not that easy. I think Flammability helps with that somehow.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but as far as I'm aware a fire critical strike automatically ignites no matter what.

"Increased chance to ignite" gives you a chance for non-critical fire damage to ignite. So "Increased chance to be ignited" surely gives chances for any fire damage you take to ignite you. Cloak of Flame therefore provides a constant stream of fire hits that have a 50% chance of igniting you due to Mokou's.

I know for a fact that wearing Mokous+Cloak of Flame allows you to be ignited by non-fire damage but I've not been able to test it in big packs of mobs to see how consistent the ignite is yet.
IGN: ShockinglyCute
"
"
cgexile wrote:
"

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but as far as I'm aware a fire critical strike automatically ignites no matter what.

"Increased chance to ignite" gives you a chance for non-critical fire damage to ignite. So "Increased chance to be ignited" surely gives chances for any fire damage you take to ignite you. Cloak of Flame therefore provides a constant stream of fire hits that have a 50% chance of igniting you due to Mokou's.

I know for a fact that wearing Mokous+Cloak of Flame allows you to be ignited by non-fire damage but I've not been able to test it in big packs of mobs to see how consistent the ignite is yet.

Wow you are correct. I tried it out with 1 ring and the Cloak and sure enough if I get hit by melee attacks even with 1 ring it's a pretty good chance I'm ignited. I put the second on and it was almost guaranteed.

However there is one problem, heh. AA! So if I have it on, no chance in hell I was getting ignited. Turn it off and boom.. almost every hit ignited me. Kind of a bummer but it makes sense. I think the hits have to be pretty damn hard to penetrate AA.

I think if one could master turning AA on & off away from the frey with only a few mobs to get those 4 second benefits, it might be kinda cool.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
Last edited by cgexile on Sep 11, 2014, 9:10:58 AM
1.3 is out. I did a quick and dirty adjustment to the build trees instead of wiping the now obsolete write up.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
Last edited by cgexile on Dec 15, 2014, 9:19:38 AM
After 1.3 patch I broked my current character that lvl 88 (build cold snap-Witch), and carried it to your RF build.

So let's guess what happened after that? :)

My character is melting in front of my eyes...

Sure I'm not a veteran player, so generally to make char stat measurements i dont use excell tables etc. But learned my lesson, which do not attempt to try every new build to adopt to old high level chars.

, Not sure probably didn't get enough my armor/evasion ratios to beat the melting.

Grace + AA + Purity of Fire (+3max) -btw AA (lvl20) is swallows my Mana when moving on:

What is going wrong?

Hi ancientmind,

I'm sorry that this build failed you and I apologize for the fairly delayed reply as I just checked up on this thread. There are a lot of variables but looking at your stats I'm hoping that your 11% DR is with the Cloak of Flame? High evasion is not important for this build and yours appears to be twice as what mine was - mine being only around 23%. Your mana regen needs to be higher at 90+ for high AA and the ability to replenish what little mana you have left after reserve fast enough so that hits count against MoM and not directly against your life because you ran out of Mana.

So if you still want to salvage this build and make it work, I would suggest shifting your variables around so that you have higher DR and mana regen instead of high evasion. Cut the evasion in 1/2 and pump points in to DR and regen.

Remember you can't evade spells but you can mitigate their damage with MoM which is why you need to get that mana regen up much higher.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
Last edited by cgexile on Jan 14, 2015, 8:47:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info