Plasmabitch - Facemelt Almost Everything [RF+Incn+AA+EB+MoM]

Thank you for the updates and additions to your guide. How would I go about leveling with the original tree that you mentioned? A suggested leveling section would be nice :D (Like when to go for EB/MoM, Reduced mana/aura nodes, Heart of the oak, etc)
This build is amazing. Straight up. Here's my level 89 Witch:

Passives

2nd ring is temporary. Testing out Purity of Flesh (normally I run IR for 6.1k armor, but I'm sitting at like 1.6k armor and 4.2k evasion without IR; hence the granite). Also, my Incinerate is leveling, and I'm still melting. :D
Last edited by KPLEEZY on Sep 8, 2014, 9:47:46 PM
Kizie I'll work in those details, no problem.

Kpleezy, I'm glad you are trying it and and it sounds like you're having success.

Edit: I deleted all the "disappointing Atziri video" stuff saying as how she's dead now :)
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on Sep 10, 2014, 12:28:50 AM
I've been considering an RF/Incinerate build for some time and think I'll probably try to give this one a shot.

A question though - why discipline? Is the build mana hungry to the extent that one needs to sacrifice a significant amount of effective HP from MoM (or another aura slot) that it's worth it? Ofc one might gain 60-100 regen, but if the build is armour based then the stuff that hurts are gonna be the single big hits, in which case a larger pool of mana for MoM might be more effective.

Also what would you say to a cloak of defiance as a chest piece?

Great guide.
Last edited by MIJOTHY on Sep 9, 2014, 12:24:57 AM
"
MIJOTHY wrote:
I've been considering an RF/Incinerate build for some time and think I'll probably try to give this one a shot.

A question though - why discipline? Is the build mana hungry to the extent that one needs to sacrifice a significant amount of effective HP from MoM (or another aura slot) that it's worth it? Ofc one might gain 60-100 regen, but if the build is armour based then the stuff that hurts are gonna be the single big hits, in which case a larger pool of mana for MoM might be more effective.

Also what would you say to a cloak of defiance as a chest piece?

Great guide.

I think the biggest perk of that chest is if you never planned on heading down to Golem's Blood and you had an evasion build, you could save a ton of passives and use it, but you have to get down to Golem's Blood so at that point I suppose you are not only not saving points, but you'd need to pick up IR which will cost you a few more.

I've never had a successful evasion build but I suppose you can't rule it out of the realm of possibilities.

You need Discipline for that massive boost in mana (ES). Without it you can not easily sustain high AA. It also lets you sustain all small to medium hits while spamming Incinerate and running around with AA so that you always have positive regen. It works so well it looks like you are never losing mana. That chest would be suited best for my Dualitry/dual wander build for sure.

Last and best perk of Discipline is that it increases your mana so much so that when you start reserving all those 25% (60%) auras including Clarity, you are still left with a ton of mana even though your mana ball looks like it's blocked out completely.

Even a Pledge of Hands struggles to sustain high AA properly and that's got 100% mana increase (of base). That staff - and that chest might be able to pull it off but only if you also grab Soul Siphon, the 4th 20% regen passive at the start of the Witch, and potentially one or 2 other mana passives. Basically without Discipline you really have to hunt down those regen passives. I use to have a build where I went all way way to Templar's 40% starter.

You're right though you defiantly need to make sure you have enough mana left over to take the large hits otherwise your run away and recast AA :)

Thanks!
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on Sep 9, 2014, 1:10:48 AM
Kizie I'm still working on those details you requested :)

However, I'm updating the post because I added an Atziri section as I finally managed to take her down (with crappy FPS capturing the video).

I guess I can actually say this build is "Atziri viable" ? ... by a long shot for sure but a kill is a kill! :)

Thanks.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
Last edited by cgexile on Sep 9, 2014, 9:01:32 PM
So I've really been wanting a build that utilizes double mokou + cloak of flame to the maximum... and I was thinking of an RF + Flame Surge (Always on Fire, Both AoE skills so AoE nodes help) while fighting in melee for Cloak of Fire+Mokou's activations to get dat cast speed.

Then I come across this build... wow, it's impressive as all hell.

I wonder if anyone could help me tweak aspects of it to work in closer range with Surge instead of Incinerate? Only problem is Cloak of Flame provides so little defenses and I'll need to be in melee (rampage, I can deal with deaths I guess).

Initially I was going a more classic RF route with HP/Armour/Regen while picking up some fire damage nodes and cannot evade (to encourage Cloak of Fire activations)... but now I'm thinking maybe it would be better to run a low damage but somehow sustainable RF with AoE damage/size increase, Flame Surge, and possible crit nodes (Three Dragons w/ Flame Surge maybe?).

Any thoughts on this?
IGN: ShockinglyCute
"
So I've really been wanting a build that utilizes double mokou + cloak of flame to the maximum... and I was thinking of an RF + Flame Surge (Always on Fire, Both AoE skills so AoE nodes help) while fighting in melee for Cloak of Fire+Mokou's activations to get dat cast speed.

I wonder if anyone could help me tweak aspects of it to work in closer range with Surge instead of Incinerate? Only problem is Cloak of Flame provides so little defenses and I'll need to be in melee (rampage, I can deal with deaths I guess).

Initially I was going a more classic RF route with HP/Armour/Regen while picking up some fire damage nodes and cannot evade (to encourage Cloak of Fire activations)... but now I'm thinking maybe it would be better to run a low damage but somehow sustainable RF with AoE damage/size increase, Flame Surge, and possible crit nodes (Three Dragons w/ Flame Surge maybe?).

Any thoughts on this?

I don't have much experience with Flame Surge but you can quickly identify the pros & cons. AOE, high fire dps is great as you pointed out. However, it's cast speed is a lot less, and since it's not a projectile, someone can correct me on the range but I don't believe it has the potential to basically go across the entire screen like Incinerate which is a huge plus when it comes to safety & such (not to mention it going across the entire screen with LMP).

As far as the Mokou rings, I personally don't even use them to their full potential. It's on my to-do to try and play with curse reflection (those unique gloves) to try and ignite myself but its a hefty cost to give up good yellow gloves for those other gloves - and to give up a second or 3rd curse because the more curses you can stack, the more of them get reflected on to you :(
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
"
Kizie wrote:
Thank you for the updates and additions to your guide. How would I go about leveling with the original tree that you mentioned? A suggested leveling section would be nice :D (Like when to go for EB/MoM, Reduced mana/aura nodes, Heart of the oak, etc)

Kizie all set. I added a Leveling section. I probably left some of the granular details out, but the most important information is now available.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
"
cgexile wrote:
"

Any thoughts on this?

I don't have much experience with Flame Surge but you can quickly identify the pros & cons. AOE, high fire dps is great as you pointed out. However, it's cast speed is a lot less, and since it's not a projectile, someone can correct me on the range but I don't believe it has the potential to basically go across the entire screen like Incinerate which is a huge plus when it comes to safety & such (not to mention it going across the entire screen with LMP).

As far as the Mokou rings, I personally don't even use them to their full potential. It's on my to-do to try and play with curse reflection (those unique gloves) to try and ignite myself but its a hefty cost to give up good yellow gloves for those other gloves - and to give up a second or 3rd curse because the more curses you can stack, the more of them get reflected on to you :(

Cast Speed could be made up with being in melee + cloak of flame activating Double Mokou's 40% but I'm not sure how fast this ends up being, I've only just started leveling a witch for this. I'm not 100% sure but the range might be increasable with AoE size, but yes there is no way it is going to look like your incinerate.

That being said, I want to play this in melee so I can get ignited for cast speed. But since you're in melee... not having check piece armor/es is a big loss. 20% Phys taken as Fire probably won't cover the armor loss, I'm guessing.

Obviously this build wouldn't be as good as yours and definitely not viable for doing Atziri level content... but I play for theme anyway.

How would curse reflection ignite yourself? Also since you'd become immune to ignite for 3 seconds after being ignited... doesn't that mean if the ignite doesn't last for at least 3 seconds then you're going to be missing out on the cast speed while you're immune?
IGN: ShockinglyCute

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info