[1.2.1] Tommie's CI Crit Ranger [SA / LA / RoA / Tornado Shot]

"
"
vitto369 wrote:
hi,

well, like other CI build, there is no survavibility. You should say it.

With the es nerf, its a lot harder to get enough ES nodes.
On the other hand you can grab life nodes easily. With a life build you will have same life, 10k more dps (on chain+SA) but also evasion,ondar and acrobatics which is a huge difference.

Sara

Yeah, you won't have more damage that's the thing. I played both, I helped you pre 1.2 to make yourself a better build(from my own lifebased ranger).

Talked to her ingame, assumed my screenshots were faked, and her damage was way higher, but found a thread made by her (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/988042 where she says she lost dps from patch(which was 44k before). Then claiming to have 75k as lifebased selfbuffed, however I'll post another screenshot later with partybuff dps to show the numbers I can get when I play with a party

hi,
life ranger based will get more damage simply because they have more physical nodes. They dont have to waste a lot of points because life node are close

As you can see in your tree you are missing a lot of physical nodes

edit: but forget about it, my main point is taht you do not have evasion or armor, so it s just a glass canon build which you should say.

Not viable at all like if planning on leveling after 85 u said in Cons

Sara
Last edited by vitto369 on Sep 5, 2014, 8:11:49 AM
"
"
Wishuponastar wrote:

Come on man. You have such amazing build and gear, it is big injustice to your character to show us white level 71 strand maps. Run Atziri, or hard 78 maps. You have all this gear but you have no higher tier maps?

We learn nothing from those vids except how each skill looks and that you can 1-shot mobs on 71 map

Atziri is level 70

So what if she is level 70? She is night and day difference from a white 71 map. You telling me that someone with 2 mirrored items, Atziri gloves, and other perfect gear has no 78 maps he can roll / Atziri fragments he can try?

I would like to at least see double court with -max and ele damage, and double palace. I'm sure you can do them, if not - the cost of this build is way way WAY out of sync with what it can achieve.
Last edited by Wishuponastar on Sep 5, 2014, 8:40:28 AM
"
vitto369 wrote:
"
"
vitto369 wrote:
hi,

On the other hand you can grab life nodes easily. With a life build you will have same life, 10k more dps (on chain+SA) but also evasion,ondar and acrobatics which is a huge difference.

Sara

Yeah, you won't have more damage that's the thing. I played both, I helped you pre 1.2 to make yourself a better build(from my own lifebased ranger).

Talked to her ingame, assumed my screenshots were faked, and her damage was way higher, but found a thread made by her (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/988042 where she says she lost dps from patch(which was 44k before). Then claiming to have 75k as lifebased selfbuffed, however I'll post another screenshot later with partybuff dps to show the numbers I can get when I play with a party

hi,
life ranger based will get more damage simply because they have more physical nodes. They dont have to waste a lot of points because life node are close

As you can see in your tree you are missing a lot of physical nodes

edit: but forget about it, my main point is taht you do not have evasion or armor, so it s just a glass canon build which you should say.

Not viable at all like if planning on leveling after 85 u said in Cons

Sara

A glass cannon with 7k ES and Ghost Reaver with Acuity is not a glass cannon. CI is actually the defensive version of using ES as life due to Chaos Immunity and access to the "more" Energy Shield node. Low-life is the offensive version.

With a larger "life" pool than life provides and how quickly he cant get it back, mitigation isn't nearly as necessary as when you are running around with 4500 HP.

That being said - I kind of agree with everyone here the Strand map videos are kind of silly for this. You don't clear Strand any faster than I do - and not because you are not capable of more damage, just that it doesn't show on mobs with so few HP.

The coolest thing about the post is how interchangable Bow skills have become - they are basically all viable.

Lastly - DPS numbers w/ Atziri' Promise up is totally against the unspoken forum rules of DPS showing!
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Last edited by Asidra on Sep 5, 2014, 9:06:25 AM
"
Asidra wrote:

A glass cannon with 7k ES and Ghost Reaver with Acuity is not a glass cannon. CI is actually the defensive version of using ES as life due to Chaos Immunity and access to the "more" Energy Shield node. Low-life is the offensive version.

With a larger "life" pool than life provides and how quickly he cant get it back, mitigation isn't nearly as necessary as when you are running around with 4500 HP.

That being said - I kind of agree with everyone here the Strand map videos are kind of silly for this. You don't clear Strand any faster than I do - and not because you are not capable of more damage, just that it doesn't show on mobs with so few HP.

The coolest thing about the post is how interchangable Bow skills have become - they are basically all viable.

Lastly - DPS numbers w/ Atziri' Promise up is totally against the unspoken forum rules of DPS showing!

I agree, I will do higher level maps as soon as I got them

And yes, I love how easily we can change skills now. If I am bored of SA and just switch around to something else
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
vitto369 wrote:
hi,

Sara

I'd be glad to see an archer build with 7k life (or even 5.5k) and the same amount of damage. The life nerf is so huge on this patch I almost doesn't play my ranger anymore (4.3k life lost this morning on a box ice nova with a range greater than a screen, no damage mods on map. I'm sad).
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Sep 5, 2014, 9:28:11 AM
"
"
vitto369 wrote:
hi,

Sara

I'd be glad to see an archer build with 7k life (or even 5.5k) and the same amount of damage. The life nerf is so huge on this patch I almost doesn't play my ranger anymore (4.3k life lost this morning on a box ice nova with a range greater than a screen, no damage mods on map. I'm sad).

That's why I changed from my ranger to witch and went ci instead
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
"
vitto369 wrote:
hi,

Sara

Gotta get to the Scion Life wheel. I gave up three notables I really wanted to get the necessary nodes (Celerity, Deadly Draw, and Avatar of the Hunt) but it put my HP at over 5200, and it's more than playable - and DPS (16k w/ Chain) and move speed is still solid. Build still very playable.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Last edited by Asidra on Sep 5, 2014, 9:36:40 AM
I went there at first, but I hadn't much more life than with my current tree (didn't have the whole wheel though). But I'll probably go back again. It's a piety there are some very fancy stuff now and we just can't get it because I feel life is even more needed than before.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Sep 5, 2014, 9:47:31 AM
"
"
vitto369 wrote:
hi,

Sara

Hi again,

well a few things i must admit :
- i do not like to do things like this
- my post is here to remind me my last builds. I use only viable builds so i got much more survavibility than your glass canon. As you said your build is ''End game'' but you '' would not suggest to level as this build''. Why ? because you will die a lot.
- we both know, like asidra said, that you like to post eye-candy dps number, and it is not always the everyday number you are running. For your information, i kindly said thank you for your advice on my previous trees only because i am polite.

I do not feel like i need to prove anything like you by posting pics with moareeee pew pew pew numbers (even thought you claiming having 180k with your build is quite funny when you think about it, and no i am not interested in that screen because it wont be your everyday damage output).

But as panini kindly asked a build with same life pool and more dps, here it is

a life based ranger with no evasion, only pew pew pew.
6k9 life 71k dps no fancy hidden ming ring or vaal haste, what else ?
oh yes, i can surely add another aura, more pew pew, or more life by using the right pair of boots.

cheers,
Sara

Last edited by vitto369 on Sep 5, 2014, 10:55:18 AM
Haha - I thought pissing contests were a guy only thing. Guess not...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info