flameblast exile realy?

This exile is very scary in maps with "enemies gain frenzy charges" or "enemies move, attack, and cast x% faster".

Elemental damage in this game is borked, they removed elemental adaptation so its even harder to get max resists, but haven't lowered any of the elemental damage. I remember when elemental adaptation was 5% and purity gave max resists, the elements weren't so scary back then, but they removed all that without balancing enemy damage. In fact, they have introduced many more sources of deadly elemental damage since OB, such as this exile.
*sighs

I'm not sure I want to read these forums anymore when people can't dodge flameblast...........
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
When you see the circle, you move. He's easy to take out. Just gotta pay attention exile.

Flameblast causes an obnoxious amount of desync (try it, it really does happen quite often) and he can offscreen you with it.
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
When you see the circle, you move. He's easy to take out. Just gotta pay attention exile.

Flameblast causes an obnoxious amount of desync (try it, it really does happen quite often) and he can offscreen you with it.

So what if he can offscreen? It's not some invisible spell. A huge red circle forms. You move, you kill him.
Yeh, so try and avoid this on any + casting speed map... You can dodge 80% at best, using flasks, and you could probably tank the shorter channeled blasts.

But this exile is a pain with sub 20% movement speed gear. Even at lvl 70, which I last fought him at, the ~0.5-1 sec casts dealt me 700-ish dmg with just the 75% resists. These are "not very dodgable" even at 15ms of how skewed the clients graphics and the servers interpretation are.

The only plus to this exile is that he sports glass canon like life. Like a regular rare.

But this one is definately in trend with the other new content GGG is pushing that seems a step up in difficulty every single time.
"
Heh, just died to the same guy and wrote a feedback thread too. His name is Magnus Stonethorn and he is enough reason for me to stop spending $$$ on PoE.

I can feel with you. He is a stupidely overpowered, totally unfair piece of... art.

I can feel your pain and I totally agree, he is overpowered and should be toned down a bit. But PLEASE, would you stop spreading that "I will not give any money to GGG until they do what I tell them to do!" -attitude everywhere? The fact that you have spent money on PoE doesn't entitle you to anything.

On topic, I think that the biggest problem is that sometimes it is very hard to notice his flameblast quickly enough when there's all kinds of things happening on your screen. Changing the color of his flameblast to a darker red helped a bit but I still feel like he can ambush you too easily, especially if you have no idea there are exiles in a map (so no Vorici mission or Anarchic map mod).
Last edited by MIIKKAAA on Sep 5, 2014, 12:15:10 AM
Wow, this forum is flooding with salty tears about Magnus today...

GGG provided you with all the tools you need:
Various Elemental flasks
Various Purity auras
Curse debuff/immune flask mods
Movement skills

Still you manage to die due to him just cause you are lazy and dont watch screen / care to switch auras / gear.

There is a reason why I have all purity auras leveled and always carry them and variouts flasks with me.

Get better at the game and stop whining - there are far worser issues to give feedback around than an exile.
dont stay in flameblast cirlce?
altf4 on this exile spot?
stop being bad?
This guy is the reason why my default elemental flask is always ruby

When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Meet this guy in a level 70+ Map - one single flameblast does around ~3k damage to my character (was not cursed and no damage mods) at 75% fire resistances.

Flasks + Arctic Armour help nicely against it but you should avoid doing this exile without it. A fast movement skill and good positioning is pretty much mandatory i feel.
Physical damage melee characters have a huge disatvantage against him because of his molten shell, which hits nearly as hard as the flamblast.

But there a various tools to make him a joke (even in high level maps)
- use purity of fire + ruby flask of warding while enganging
- melee him if you can and don't use phyical damage because of his molten shell
- use heavy hitting skills to stun him or try to freeze him (this interupts his flameblast effectivly)

or just kite him with a long ranged skill :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info