- = [ 1.2 Beyond ] Righteous Fire Discharger = -

"
Arch4ik wrote:
How do you think using an Infernal Mantle would work here?

Hm. I guess you /could/ pull it off. But I'd advise strongly against it. At least for the sake of hardcore.

That chest gives you:
No life
No armour
Increased Energy Shield (more degeneration)
The chaos convert harms your Discharge's ignite.

On the bright side, it increases your fire/spell a bit. We're not capitalizing on critical strikes, but having it doesn't hurt at all and the +1 gem level is fine too. I guess the chaos convert is welcome as far as flame surge goes at least.

It's plausible, but I'm definitely against it. I don't believe the pros outweigh the cons, but if you want to try it, you should consider doing so in softcore.
Last edited by lucksickle on Sep 5, 2014, 7:14:34 PM
In other news, I'm trying to find a way to fit in Eldritch Battery. That'd solve the mana issues as to allow me to run flame surge with better supports, while at the same time helping me sustain Righteous Fire without taking additional burn from my ES pool.

It's tough though, and probably not possible until further levels as a hefty amount of passive points have to be invested in both Life and Life Regen. Trying to capitalize on aura nodes helps, but that implies having level 20(or higher) vitality and purity of fire gem.

At the time being, I'd stick with my opening post. That at least I can back up with my experience. Anyone else have any thoughts or input I may be skipping on?
Last edited by lucksickle on Sep 6, 2014, 3:07:30 PM
After both my twink and my main char for beyond ripped within approximately 12h I've decided it was time for something completely new. I decided on this build since it was pretty much combining two builds i've always wanted to try.

I've just got two questions: 1) Is atziri's foible mandatory or is it bypassable by a similair amulet with int/mana reg and possibly some aura notes + a higher clarity (templar aura cluster and the one next to unwavering stance)? and 2) Would you consider going for IR and some aura nodes for grace and some more gear flexibility? Or is the dex requirement for evasion gear unreachable anyway?

Either way, great build and/or idea in general.
Last edited by RocketChicken on Sep 6, 2014, 6:18:57 PM
"
RocketChicken wrote:
After both my twink and my main char for beyond ripped within approximately 12h I've decided it was time for something completely new. I decided on this build since it was pretty much combining two builds i've always wanted to try.

I've just got two questions: 1) Is atziri's foible mandatory or is it bypassable by a similair amulet with int/mana reg and possibly some aura notes + a higher clarity (templar aura cluster and the one next to unwavering stance)? and 2) Would you consider going for IR and some aura nodes for grace and some more gear flexibility? Or is the dex requirement for evasion gear unreachable anyway?

Either way, great build and/or idea in general.

Hi there! I'm sorry about your loss, that must've been harsh :/

Well lets see. Atziri's foible is in no way mandatory, it's just the best solution to early Righteous Fire. If you plan on sustaining RF between levels 65 and 75, you'd most likely need it due to intelligence requirements and mana/mana regen. It's definitely not the best in slot since you can find rare paua amulets with + regen + mana + life + resists + spell, but it's certainly a great gateway neck. I wouldn't consider changing it until level ~80 most likely, or until you can dispose of passives to add into mana/regen, so I find the purchase of one to be a good investment.

I probably should've mentioned this somewhere in the guide, but you should watch out on what level you keep your clarity in. I basically try to keep it at a level where all my reservations will leave me with enough free mana equal to the combined costs of my enduring cry and discharge, hence the blood magic flammability.

I considered iron reflexes, but I believe it's just not worth it at all. This build already requires too many passives to work as is, stretching into unwavering stance would only make things worse. You currently have NO green gems at all, which means you require no dexterity. Grabbing Iron Reflexes + Grace would mean you'd need a high dexterity count (150 at level 20 if I recall correctly) I'd rather spend more points in more life and more fire damage :D

On another note, the mana reservation would not let things work. If I had any free mana, I'd simply level my clarity further. Should you be able to loosen on vitality, or have enough free mana to handle a 60% reservation, You should honestly just use Determination. Since all the gear is principally armour, you should be able to get more bonus armour from Determination than from Grace anyways.
watched youtube video 3 you almost died just showcasing your build in a 70 villa from a few flying frogs as i thought you have really low armor

there is no need to take vitality with the new tree grace/ir would be a much better choice its viable and playable to sustain rf without vitality the extra 1.something dosent really cut it id rather have 8-10k armor
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Sep 7, 2014, 2:36:02 PM
"
ventiman wrote:
watched youtube video 3 you almost died just showcasing your build in a 70 villa from a few flying frogs as i thought you have really low armor

there is no need to take vitality with the new tree grace/ir would be a much better choice its viable and playable to sustain rf without vitality the extra 1.something dosent really cut it id rather have 8-10k armor

Yeah, My gear wasn't too amazing. I mean:
My chest has ~400 armour, while these can have over 2000
My helm has ~400, while these can have up to 1000
Gloves have ~200, out of a potential 500
Boots have ~150, from a possible 500.

You can even get 350 additional armour from your belt. This means I have 1400 base armour out of an obtainable of 4500.

As much as I wish I could agree with you, I feel vitality is pretty necessary. You'd probably need level 20 Purity of Fire in order to drop Vitality. This is mostly due to the nerf to +max resistances on the tree, primarily the templar's elemental adaptation removal.

75 base fire resist + 8 fire resist from the shield + 1 fire resist from the passive tree results in 84. Level 17 Purity grants you +3 max, while level 20 grants you 4. You can get 5 from it, but that'd demand a corrupted level 23 gem

Righteous Fire burns you for 90% of your max life per second, as well as 70% of your energy shield. Lets assume you have 0 energy shield.

With 87 fire resist, you burn for 11.7% of your max life per second (13% of 90%)
With 88 fire resist, you burn for 10.8% of your max life per second (12% of 90%)

This build has 11.5% life regeneration from passives.

If you manage to sustain RF without vitality, I'd again encourage using Determination instead. Although grace + Iron Reflexes would grant you a big bump in your armour, I'd opt out of it due to the dexterity requirements. Given that this build has ZERO dexterity as is, you'd not only have to travel 6 points into they keystone, but also have to invest in some +dex nodes. Level 20 grace requires 153 dexterity, which means that even with Atziri's Foible, you'd need 100 more dexterity. 40 can be obtained on the pathing, and there's ONE +30 dexterity node nearby. This means that you'd need at least 9 points to get this to work.

I'd personally invest those points in life, fire damage, mana or even the armour multipliers nearby, which would then be further multiplied by Determination's 53% MORE armour. After all, a level 20 grace will give you 2000 addition armour, so, with the proper gear, Determination can easily match or even surpass that amount.

On a final note, this build uses no green gems at all, so using hybrid armour/evasion gear is out of the question.

Last edited by lucksickle on Sep 8, 2014, 12:16:33 AM
I'm on board for this as well. I've got a Carcass in my vault. Would you recommend using one of these?

Would the "at least 2 red sockets' break my links?
Last edited by RIPnRhyme on Sep 7, 2014, 7:23:17 PM
"
RIPnRhyme wrote:
I'm on board for this as well. I've got a Carcass in my vault. Would you recommend using one of these?

Would the "at least 2 red sockets' break my links?

Hi there! As I was discussing earlier. I wouldn't take that route, but you're free to try it. Trying to get BBBRR on that chest, and being fortunate enough to have them all land within the 5 link could work, but it seems like a very heavy investment, even with the socket crafting from Vorici.

As the previous poster pointed out, armour is important. So if you're considering using Carcass Jack, then you absolutely must spec into iron reflexes and sort out your dexterity.

Although the AoE increase and damage increases would be appreciated, I'd still recommend obtaining a high armour chest instead. I'm not sure what the costs of rolling "at least 3 blue sockets" in a pure armour chest is, as I died early in the league to a lag spike (flatline) and have had issues with my internet ever since, but if this is not an option, then you should look into a high armour hybrid chest instead.
Last edited by lucksickle on Sep 7, 2014, 8:11:00 PM
What about a Doon Cuebiyari gem set up? Discharge + chance to burn + prolif?
"
RIPnRhyme wrote:
What about a Doon Cuebiyari gem set up? Discharge + chance to burn + prolif?

Well, you only need Iron Will in discharge for the strength to spell. Level 1 Iron Will is as good as level 100 when it comes to Discharge, since all you gain per level is cast speed. That being the case, I'd suggest putting your Flame Surge in a Doon Cuebiyari. Given the cast speed from level 30 Iron Will is enough, you could drop Faster Casting and use some other support in its place. Go with whatever your mana regen allows you to cast consistently:

Flame Surge
(Iron Will)
Life Leech
Fire Pen.

Conc Effect and Spell Echo are viable options too. I don't particularly like Spell Echo since it roots your character until the casting animation happens twice, much less with a slow casting spell, but the damage increase is substantial.

I've seen some people play this game without Life Leech, but I haven't tried so myself. Given that this build doesn't have excess life regen, nor high block/dodge/evade, it sounds pretty frightening. I'll run some tests and get back to you on that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info