1.2.0 /// Bashar EK Tank : 28,000 dps : 6,500 life

Looks like a nice build.

Snorkle_uk I hope u put up some vids from highlevel maps. Will give people a better idea of its performance :)

Also ty to Flume for putting up vid footage.
1 question; whats ur dps flume? it seems pretty low considering ur just running 70 map.

Another question: has any of you guys considered getting a tiny bit more reduced mana? Would enable you to run herald of ash as well. But maybe its not worth it compared to takign other dmg nodes?
Last edited by Tesshinxd on Sep 18, 2014, 1:56:28 AM
Glad you guys liked the footage.

"
Tesshinxd wrote:
Looks like a nice build.

1 question; whats ur dps flume? it seems pretty low considering ur just running 70 map.

I'm 85 now, with the same setup, only my gems are level 19 and I got 11,8k dps. Might be a bit low, but as it stands I have cast speed/crit nodes and replacing a lot of my gear, which is pretty sub-par. I feel it's a pretty good return for what I've invested. Doing 71-72's easily now. Haven't really tried higher as of yet.
Last edited by Flume on Sep 18, 2014, 8:10:42 AM
"
Tesshinxd wrote:
Another question: has any of you guys considered getting a tiny bit more reduced mana? Would enable you to run herald of ash as well. But maybe its not worth it compared to takign other dmg nodes?

My build focuses on auras and self buffs (it can run Clarity + Haste + Hatred + a Herald gem), and I have to say that Herald of Ash isn't much of an improvement at high levels; it adds around 2k dps at 20% quality. If the overkill damage applied to spells as well as attacks, it would be amazing here (I'd run it in its own 4L setup with Increased Burning Damage + Elemental Proliferation + Increased Area of Effect), but sadly that's not how it works.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Thx for the reply guys :) Im gonna try this build.

Think im gonna do some small changes and if they prove less effective i will revert to the original.
hey guys, cheers for all the comments and ty to flume for the vids! Ive not idea how to make vids tbh, Ive been busy doing lots of stuff, some self found experiments in beyond with various builds etc. Ill be back to respond properly to all the Qs and stuff soon, and maybe see if I can find a way to make vids, though Im not even sure I have high level maps in softcore to play, might have some 74/75s stocked up in there somewhere we will see.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

You think the damage on the tree is lackluster, but its not, I've tried to explain scaling Ek flat damage to people before. You have a series of stages that multiply your damage.

A. flat damage from gem

B. increased spell/projectile/physical damage

C. elemental damage from added fire and hatred that scale as a % of the total phys

D. cast speed

Why are you not using Herald of Ash? It's quite DPS boost for EK. And looks fabulous on shadow :)

BTW my low crit, worse gear (I would say "budget" but I don't play trade game here) EK shadow has 22K tooltip on 5L. With 20/0 EK gem, no Oak cruel reward. Up to 28K TT with 3PC and Atziri flask. I don't calculate DPS increase form using Assasin's Mark.

No RT, 800 AR, 1400 EVA, no worries about reflect: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1037994

Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
tmaciak wrote:
Why are you not using Herald of Ash? It's quite DPS boost for EK. And looks fabulous on shadow :)

Once you get above 20k dps, the added damage from Herald of Ash isn't all that special (maybe ~2k with qual 20 Herald of Ash and lvl/qual 20 Added Fire Damage). Also keep in mind that Herald of Ash doesn't give any overkill damage with EK; the overkill only works with attacks. In your "Item Showcase", you have Elemental Prolif. linked to Herlad of Ash. That will have no effect.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Tempada wrote:
In your "Item Showcase", you have Elemental Prolif. linked to Herlad of Ash. That will have no effect.

Yes, I know, it was just leveled for short time for other char, attacker with HoA, I updated showcase.

Anyway, for me 10% more DPS is worth 14% mana reserved for HoA (14% in my case of course).
Last edited by tmaciak on Sep 23, 2014, 2:50:15 PM
"
ConsPark wrote:
I'm currently working on a character using this build going the 4L Geofri's route (Empower > Added Fire in that red slot for me so far). I'm using a pure ES chest just so I can sustain a low-level AA for the time being. I still feel a bit squishy but my DPS is high enough in Cruel Act III to make up for it. All in all, I'm loving the build so far.

That said, I'm wondering what to do on the weapon front. I've been shopping around for a solid wand similar to the one in your budget section, but I'm not having any luck finding anything nice for a reasonable price.

The first wand is what I'm using now, and the second is what I plan to use at 59. What are your thoughts on using a Divinarius? No cast speed or projectile speed, but a nice spell damage mod and a very strong spell crit mod that can really leverage that "crit lite" aspect of the build. Am I better off sticking with a wand?

Edit: Bought a cheap Divinarius for testing and it looks like the answer is "Yes, you're better off with a wand." Although tooltip didn't really change, I felt the loss of projectile speed and felt the loss of cast speed even more. I also didn't feel like I was critting any more often, despite the 25% crit chance I had with it equipped.

Getting ready to kill Merci Piety and although I still feel a bit squishy, I'm going strong. Thanks for a solid build :D

using this divinarius Im getting 25,725 dps, which is pretty decent imo, wouldnt be the worst option for a build like this, takes my crit chance to about 25%. As you say tho, if you got proj speed on the wand, and cast speed, those are going to do a lot for you, personally I wouldnt drop those.

Hope the build is going well for you mate, sry it took me so long to respond, been in that new league thing and then went on a self found hardcore tip for a moment there.

"
magiclu wrote:

i want to know will phy reflect be a problem for 0 armour?
how much phy dmg is each hit ?and when crit?
spell block work for the reflect of ek,or normal block?

phys reflect with 0 armour with my dps would probably be sketchy as fuck, but if your deeps is a lot lower and you are running a good level arctic armour maybe its not so bad. I would test though before you kill yourself unexpectedly, try and take down ur deeps as much as possible, take out echo and just try 1 shot into a single reflect mob, see what happens.

my current phys per hit is 2124 - 3184 with 218% multiplier on crits.

"
Tesshinxd wrote:
Looks like a nice build.

Snorkle_uk I hope u put up some vids from highlevel maps. Will give people a better idea of its performance :)

from what flume has said he was obviously under 11k dps during that footage if hes gone up to that now with higher level gems and tree etc. Expect my character to do about tripple the damage you are seeing there. If I can work out the video thing at some point I will for sure, im not really that technical with video capturing unfortunately. Dunno if anyone has any tips on that matter?

"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

You think the damage on the tree is lackluster, but its not, I've tried to explain scaling Ek flat damage to people before. You have a series of stages that multiply your damage.

A. flat damage from gem

B. increased spell/projectile/physical damage

C. elemental damage from added fire and hatred that scale as a % of the total phys

D. cast speed

BTW my low crit, worse gear (I would say "budget" but I don't play trade game here) EK shadow has 22K tooltip on 5L. With 20/0 EK gem, no Oak cruel reward. Up to 28K TT with 3PC and Atziri flask. I don't calculate DPS increase form using Assasin's Mark.

No RT, 800 AR, 1400 EVA, no worries about reflect: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1037994

I simply dont have room for herald of ash, and getting more -reserve would involve dropping life. I sort of took the deeps to the point I was happy it could slaughter maps and then just stacked defense, Im a very defensive build player. I only took as much mana and regen as I did on the tree because of the nerf to my es gear etc with the quality change, I was hoping to be speccing closer to 7k life.

I use an atziri flask too, with 3 power charges and the flask Im at 37k dps tooltip. Your gear is def more budget than mine, but its not too shabby at all mate, thats a really nice setup you got there. Those gloves are absolute beastmode, my jellies are green looking at those things for sure, want. Coil is so op, I use coils for a number of builds, imo theres 3 top tier armours in this game, Lightning Coils, Shavs and Saintly Chainmails. I need the god tier energy shield from mine to keep my lvl25 arctic armour sustaining, but a Coil is never a bad choice, such a good item. Me and Fox were talking about it the other day, weve got no idea how the nerf calls arnt coming in thick and fast and why that thing isnt some top tier rarity piece, its just BIS for so much shit in this game. I used to have 6 link glorious plates, 6 link dragon scales, 6 link assassins garbs etc, I just dunno why you would use them over a coil now. I see Raaawwrrr with his No1 6T1 Dragon Scale mirror service thread and its just funny, that things a piece of shit compared to a Coil, theres just no contest from armour/evasion gear imo.

While obviously less expensive, you probably have more deeps on your gear than me, rathpith is a really strong item, could be good for my build too if you are working on a lower budget. The only reason Im ending up with more deeps than you in the final picture is obviously the 6th link and the fact that all my gems are vaaled +1, which is a really big deal on spell builds. I didnt buy any of my gems, either I vaaled them or foxtactics vaaled them in ambush and they became mine when they hit standard, I shudder to think how much it would cost to buy all 6.

ty again to flume for playing my build and posting soem video footage, n1 mate, I really appreciate it, hope its still going well for you.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
I need the god tier energy shield from mine to keep my lvl25 arctic armour sustaining, but a Coil is never a bad choice, such a good item.

In SotV, this my build was Scion based, and with tiny amount of ES on gear I had the same mana regen as now on shadow: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979397/ I had also 5K AR and 4,5K HP. But less DPS, even if I had Cruel Oak reward on this Scion.

I had big problems to put this build up mana regen wise after 1.2 and I had to use Hubris circlet and Rainbowstride, what butchered my armor and my HP, fortunately I was close by to MoM, so finally I have the same buffer as in past. I had initially RT but I specced out of it, and it was good decision as it's quite obvious, that I don't need this using Coil and AA. But finally, I can do the same content with much more DPS than before 1.2.

I haven't on 77/78 maps with this shadow yet, but I plan so as I want level him to like ~88 lvl. I wonder what to put points into now, probably to some DPS as he is quite enough sturdy already. I haven't reeped once since respec, it means 71 lvl and I do quite hard 75s or Asylum no probs solo.

In total this character died twice, but it was when he was yolo played DW crit phys dagger with EB/MoM just after release with all those bugs then :)

As a curiosity, those gloves were looted more than year ago, I think even before Anarchy, in Underground Sea map with my first ever character.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info