1.2.0 /// Bashar EK Tank : 28,000 dps : 6,500 life

Trying this now, home come you don't try to run one more aura with alphas howl or something?

Edit: I forgot you are running arctic armour
Last edited by Zoler1 on Sep 27, 2014, 10:32:34 PM
im not really sure an alphas would let me run another aura, perhaps a herald maybe? Its an option, Im sort of happy with what I have tho, I wouldnt ditch all the life Im getting from my current hat, but its definitely an alternative that could work with the current tree etc.
How do you feel about phase acro/acro builds? I'm personally a huge fan of it over IR. I also am a stickler for playing Scion only, so I realize this is not 100% optimal, but I got it as similar to yours as possible.

My plan is to go with a Lightning Coil and Purity of LIghtning instead of Grace.

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAASshaUqiam13ylzWStfJuqti9Sn2Hdmeg_MXdDSzpFSAqTT8n1op_K3fXVvqjiu4OTZIj9o19037vev66fXViWiSdxKK745cGz3qyGTIBmyYF-TpCS3jdqDBx1CMFtejWtUhtbOd0bIydqjY9YqyJ03BSKgvz6l3ycNUfQQYjAx4Wv8u95oFh4iaVVUuMNhGWDkhJUfDVlS4HHvIdZJ3r9Y_6L2_ZE3C77BgmPBbzL51_xsHzoqPbC4Ie
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
"
How do you feel about phase acro/acro builds?

If you don't mind another opinion, Acrobatics builds are AMAZING. I run this one for EK, although it's very different from snorkle's version since I use lots of aura boosts. Your version looks like it will work well enough as long as you get more life. You'll probably want to use Atziri's Step or Rathpith Globe + Rumi's Concoction for additional spell protection.

Edit: We both use high level AA and EB.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Oct 5, 2014, 10:11:40 PM
Oh wait, that won't work if I'm going EB, I'm an idiot due to Acro's ES reduction.
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
"
Oh wait, that won't work if I'm going EB, I'm an idiot due to Acro's ES reduction.

It can work and it feels great. Did you check out the build link in my last post? I've been running EB and Acrobatics for a while now. Snorkle's build is great for IR, but it doesn't have enough mana to support Acrobatics and Arctic Armour. If you want to try it, you need Clarity buffs and more mana nodes on the tree.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Oct 5, 2014, 10:12:46 PM
ya you would cut down your es too much with my setup and phase acro, plus lose a slot with potentially 500 es.

IR works well with this build because its projectiles hence keeps a distance from mobs and has a very high level Arctic Armour + a shield with a bit of base block. However, I'm not a fan of Iron Reflexes either.

Back at the start of open beta when we all had shit gear and could run Grace + Determination, Dex bonus still applied to Evasion with IR and Evasion itself/monster accuracy hadn't been changed (came with the Ranger rework later I believe?), IR was a really easy way to get a bagload of armour which was a lot better than f all which was the alternative. It's a really good 'cheap' node for an armour build or a way to get good armour for a build like mine who will be reflecting a lot pf phys. But having no Evasion is really, really bad for a lot of builds, esp ones with no Arctic Armour. Coil + Phase Acro + Ondars + Grace is the base of the majority of my life based attack builds now, bows, daggers, claws etc. A lot of people are just clinging on to IR now as a must have thing and really, it's not a good node for most of those builds.

You can run eb+aa and acro, its harder though, youll have to go mad on the mana/mana regen from every angle.

I would still advise Grace over Purity of Lightning, providing you can still cap your light res to 75% from gear. I don't run PoL on any of my Coil builds, the +max res is nice, but it's actually not that big a deal with Coil. PoL is like +3% max? 4%? One endurance charge will give you a flat 4% phys resist, and +4 max is not even 4% phys because it's only resisting a % of the phys, its less than 2% in the end.

If you start from 75% res like you do with ele resists, then +4% max is a huge difference. The higher you start from more important every % is. If you start at 92% resist, and get an extra +4% you go from taking 8% of the damage to 4%, so its a 50% effective damage reduction. Where as if you start at 0%, and get +4, you go from taking 100% of the damage to taking 96%, which is only a 4% effective reduction.

with a coil its sending 40% of the phys to lightning, so with 75% lightning resist you are resisting 30% of the physical damage. If you managed to get +25% max lightning res so you have 100% light resist, you would go from resisting 30% of phys to resisting 40%, thats a difference for sure but its not the same big deal it is with elemental resists. If you press enduring cry, you get 3 endurance charges, you go from 30% phys resist to 42%, so even +25 max lightning res isn't as good as 3 endurance charges, +3% or 4%, whatever PoL gives is tiny, less than 1 endurance charge. I don't think it's worth the aura slot, Grace for more Evasion or Discipline for more Energy Shield aka higher Arctic Armour would do more for you I think, and an Echo on your Enduring Cry.

People just waste their endurance charges with the ec/ic codt setup. You might need that for reflect and phase acro is not entropic I think and your damage might exceed your AA. Personally I think having 3 endurance charges up permanently is a safer way to play, but I also don't make builds that have to worry about phys reflect, I tend to find a way different way around. If you can kill yourself on reflect, codt ec/ic might be essential.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Oct 8, 2014, 7:27:54 PM
Any chance for a 1.3 update? I rather enjoyed this build in early 1.2.
What do you guys think about this tree?

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAaoz1b8gUotmw2Ba_VUth4iaVBiMfQQMetUiJ03BSKgvz6l3ycNVJUfDVlS4HHhGWDkjyHWSd6_WP-sHz2wuCHmpDwFS86msXlSBMsy0f0PVBlq6zOlhVxoPbBAcaj_ba-wkZipu1UzUPq8SilwYtgy9v2RNwu-wYLJwFQgj0Xyrr5Iw2wcWIQoMJb57KSsM6wONLV_GzdweHE5ykV8kNfOq6tAxGcfnogsco-ti9_gq3PkGHMZ6mVzrh8kX-jzWSTeNTUkWdmuDr7g==

any improvements?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info