[1.2.x] Yohanu's Bog-Standard Facebreaker [18k+ DPS, Affordable, Tanky]

How do you manage your mana with that tree? I played it and mana cost is just insane, you haven't even picked up any mana on hit nodes.
Not too bad of a build. But as an abyssus user, i'd go for something a little closer to this..

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwCcQSzC2EUTRZvGjgaPhpsG_ohAiSqJd8pLimlMZ4yCTWSNdY26TrYPfxFCkbXSshN2E3jTipQVFQLVElVtVcNWGNYr1nzW69dxl8_Zp5qk2xGbmluqnJscql4DXloe4x8uHzZgW-DOITZhymMdozPkFWRzp48ns2iAKQZplenhKlurKq1BLXytkG77b6Kvqe-vMAPwBrBBMbY0iHSTdXt2L3dDeNq5CLkUel87DjvfPAf8azyL_TG9kj3MvrS_o8=

I'm a few levels below you, and my hp is about 3500 with gear, but i'm at the same armor level, and sitting at 30k dps.

Keep on trucking, i like what i'm seeing. yes, i do dominus and go map.

edit: Side note on the tree. You can take the scion life wheel, and skip the damage nodes there, and head to the left of the duelist area and take thick skin if you wanna trim down some dps.
Last edited by memnoch998 on Sep 11, 2014, 6:16:22 PM
Hi,

I am playing Facebreaker marauder myself, level 87 atm.
I have few suggestions:
- Using Abyssus, you need to deal with 40-50% penalty to physical damage. Lightning Coil is the way to transform the physical into lightning damage, much easier to deal with (over-cap the lightning resist). No, block doesn't always help you, your overall armor will acceptable, but not ground braking and you'll one shot drop dead by some rare/unique/exile (I'm talking from experience).
- loose life regen passives, use those points better. If you'll do maps all day long you'll gonna notice how often the "no life or mana regen" or "50% slower life and mana regen" will spawn on map mods and that makes all those passives useless. Better use Divine flasks with instant or increased speed life recovery. Life regen will never beat life leach - even 1% leach from jewelry will do just fine.
- I already have 28k DPS (on a 5 link) without using passives with +% to physical damage. You'll get enough from gear and from passives that offer combined proprieties. Not worth to invest in singles.
- I used Iron Reflexes with Grace aura, but not anymore, not worth the points investment in my opinion. With better results I use Determination, a str only gem. It's hard to keep a maxed level Grace because of dex requirements. After all, to get all the desired stats on jewelry may cost a lot of exalted. Not necessary to go the costly way.

From my experience, from the moment I used Lightning Coil instead of a dual res + chaos or tri res armor, my char tanked way better.

"
zaikmand wrote:
How do you manage your mana with that tree? I played it and mana cost is just insane, you haven't even picked up any mana on hit nodes.

To answer zaikmand, Infernal Blow in a 5L setup costs between 30 mana per hit (without multistrike) and 44 mana/attack with multistrike (hits 3 times). I use the skill on mana, I have a ring with 1% mana leach and works just fine. For maps with no mana regen mod, a flask would do, in case you run out of hits. I use 2 auras on mana and with 3 mana passives I currently have 100 mana left to use.
I cant see the skill tree, when i click the link it only shows me a blank skill tree with 118 available spend points.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info