[1.2.x] Yohanu's Bog-Standard Facebreaker [18k+ DPS, Affordable, Tanky]

This thread is work in progress and will be updated as i have time.

Hello there! Decided to post this thing for fun.

With Forsaken Masters release, a lot of things changed, and i figured that a Facebreaker would be more effective than ever with the patch.

So, first up, some offensive/defensive stats:
Offence

Defence

As you can see, i am not very high level on this build yet, but so far, so good.

Gear

Passive Tree

Current Level (99 Points): http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0GOQxfDPcUIBRNFm8YkRkuGjgaPhpVHKckqicvJ9Un7SkuLv826DbpOtg8LT38TdhPfVBHUWBTpVRJVw1YY1nzXhNeH18_X8pgS2EhZKNmnmebbBZyqXTtecB673y4fNl-4oBWgW-E74cZjHaMz5BVnjyezaC0ogCiD6cwp4SplayqrK-vbLyfwBrDhsRYxYrGrsbY0iHUj9lh3B3d0eNq45_kUeeR6dXsOO7Z7w7wH_Gs8i_zBvZI-tL7qvxL
108 Points: [link]http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38UFCMzy7_9kiiD18_8wbjn3y4oLQnL_Gs-6rvDiku5FG8nxo-Z5tUSdSPGS4n7dlh_EusqlcNbBZyqVnz0iGRzocZfNnAGp7Nu-2QVWaepzCnhPrSAecUIBo4fuI26TboUEfsOIBWqZUkquNqZKMYkTrYT30WbxpVTdgt0lFgecBhIZ48jHYGOYTvEuGBb-7ZXhN07QSz3B3DhnrvFE3wHwJx55FgS6IAxYqsrwUtr2zEWOnVJ9UM91_KXh_d0Twtxq4cp7c-DF8Y1_4KU6XYvfJF[/link]

Passive Tree Breakdown
+392 to Strength
+14 to Dexterity
+34 to Intelligence
+57 to maximum Mana
+348 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 53
+6 Maximum Endurance Charge
+3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
4% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
4% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
5% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
5% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge
195% increased Armour
189% increased maximum Life
8.3% of Life Regenerated per Second
42% additional Chance to Block with Shields
100% increased Block Recovery
135% increased Defences from equipped Shield
2% increased Movement Speed
20% increased Melee Physical Damage
You take 20% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes
+1% to maximum Fire Resistance
+8% to Fire Resistance
Your hits can't be Evaded
Never deal Critical Strikes
0.2% of maximum Life Regenerated per second per Endurance Charge
5% increased Effect of Buffs on You
+20% to Chaos Resistance
+22% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield
Enemies Cannot Leech Life From You
34% increased maximum Energy Shield
+8% to all Elemental Resistances
110% increased Armour from equipped Shield
+6.8% Energy Shield
+78.4% increased Melee Physical Damage
+28 Accuracy Rating
2.8% increased Evasion Rating

The Idea
Standard facebreaker utilising some of the new stuff in Forsaken Masters. The basic setup is the same as always with a facebreaker, you run Infernal Blow + Melee Physical Damage + Faster Attacks + Multistrike + Melee Splash, and then an optional sixth link that could either be offensive (added fire?) or defensive (life leech).

We use Hatred and Herald of Ash as our auras. Hatred is of course for the significant added cold damage, and Herald of Ash because its Overkill mechanic burns the stragglers down in no time.

For defences we primarily rely on a great deal of armour, which is easier than ever to stack thanks to the new block nodes available. In our tree we get a total of 110% increased armour from equipped shield, and 135% increased defences from equipped shield, giving us a HUGE 245% increased armour from shield in total. Add the 75% block chance + 195% increased armour and your have yourself a mighty tank! Since we get so incredibly much armour from our shield, running a Third Aura (requires some mana reduction passives) such as Grace, along with an Armour/Evasion Chest would allow you to get even tankier! (This is my actual plan at the moment).

We also get a whopping 8.3% of life regenerated per second, which along with regular flask use replaces the idea of leech (even though you can have that as well with a 6l).

As if these defences weren't enough, we also use Enduring Cry and Immortal Call with 7 Endurance Charges!

Gear Breakdown
Spoiler

The core of the build (obviously), get as good roll as you can. (i paid 5 chaos)

Not neccessary, but very helpful for DPS, and relatively cheap. (i paid 9 chaos)

A must if you want really high DPS. I can't stress enough how amazing this helm is, and with our armour, the drawback isn't a big deal at all. (i paid 6 chaos)

Optional, extremely solid and not terribly expensive shield that gives a decent amount of armour, and caps our block chance to 75%. The reduced physical damage taken from projectile attacks is very strong, and works really well. Optionally we could get a high armour rare with 33% block chance and craft Added Physical Damage using Armourer's Workbench for even more damage.

You need at least 2% of physical attack damage leeched as mana on one piece, and 107 Dexterity total to support lvl 20 faster attacks. The dexterity can be tricky to get, while leveling you can spec into Dexterity notables on the passive tree. Other than that, cap your resists and get as high flat physical damage as possible.

4-6L chest for main attack. Nothing unusual here.

Arguably the least important slot, just pick whatever you can find at a decent price.

I want to stress that this build is NOT finished yet, and is very much work in progress. Things may change as I go on, and I will be sure to update this thread to reflect that.

Thanks for checking it out!

Updated stats.
Last edited by Yohanu on Sep 8, 2014, 5:41:04 AM
You really need better boots :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 2, 2014, 4:24:54 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
You really need better boots :)
Yeah, i do! Something i plan to resolve shortly.
Will this work on Beyond?
"
Keora wrote:
Will this work on Beyond?

Without having played Beyond myself, i'll go ahead and say yes.
Would you think Iron Reflexes is worth the points?

Master of the Arena seems very nice too for the +2 unarmed range (it also has 1% regen).
Last edited by Yanoflies on Sep 5, 2014, 1:33:49 AM
I dont think Iron Reflexes is necessary if u dont use BoR.

Most of our gear are armor-based, that makes Iron Reflexes such a waste for 5-7 points (depending on your path).
"
Yanoflies wrote:
Would you think Iron Reflexes is worth the points?

Master of the Arena seems very nice too for the +2 unarmed range (it also has 1% regen).

I think that Iron Reflexes used to be good for a build like this, but now that you can stack insane armour without GG gear thanks to the Shield nodes, the extra evasion is a better option. Master of the arena is something that would be very powerful, but i haven't really considered repathing for it yet, it's something i may do.
Shit, wrong post.
Last edited by Yohanu on Sep 6, 2014, 3:33:39 AM
Stats have been updated, gear will reflect this shortly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info