20 alts for chaos and 10 jewlers for a chaos

Some people may not have that much time sitting in front of the trade chat for getting the best sell/buy ratio.

And some people are willing to sell/buy as a bulk for saving time instead of spamming the trade chat all day long. (Sold 900-930Alt for 3ex)

btw, WTS 300Alt for ex, pm me ingame if interest (GMT1930-2030)/ :P
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119850
Selling Crit Bow ilvl 68-75 (Mostly White)
"
Flippers do this and they think they're clever. 16 alts venders for 8 jewlers or 2 fuse. So at 20 alts for a chaos, they pocket 4 alts. Do that enough times and you get free exalts.

My question is do people KNOW they're getting ripped off? If so, why do you make this trade? I really don't get it.

Because not everyone is worried to the extreme and insist on min/maxing everything?

Some players are just not that fussed. Whats 4 alts anyway? 1 minute worth of picking up blues >.<
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
"
The saddest thing is the fact that chaos are only worth 12 alts right now because the ratio of fuse to chaos is so low... (literally 3fuse:2chaos in standard)

It is worse than that.

Fusings to ex = 40:1

Chaos to ex = 32:1

Alts to fusings at the vendor 8:1

40 / 32 = 1.25 × 8 = 10
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
Zanixx wrote:
"
Flippers do this and they think they're clever. 16 alts venders for 8 jewlers or 2 fuse. So at 20 alts for a chaos, they pocket 4 alts. Do that enough times and you get free exalts.

My question is do people KNOW they're getting ripped off? If so, why do you make this trade? I really don't get it.

Because not everyone is worried to the extreme and insist on min/maxing everything?

Some players are just not that fussed. Whats 4 alts anyway? 1 minute worth of picking up blues >.<

well its a net loss of 20% , if you make it a regular habit , the losses in currency can quickly add up , doing it 5 times is a net loss of 1 chaos. that is no small number .

Sure I agree, if you are in a pinch and need a chaos or two , no harm done , but if you make it a habitual play style to buy at what i would consider a major loss , then I would be worried .

rationalizing it with " whats 4 alts anyway" is perfectly fine in the short term, but it rarely stays at 4 alts for long.

for example if i were to have sold my stock of alts from last league at that price , it would have been a net loss of 2.5 exalted orbs.

hows that for small.

I am not criticizing your mentality , only pointing out how it can escalate .
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Sep 2, 2014, 8:19:59 AM
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

I wish more people would do it so I could buy bulk alts from them easier :S

Happy to give away said exalts to anybody who can supply me with large quantities.

srsly...

i need alts wtf do i care hes making a profit
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
Zanixx wrote:
"

well its a net loss of 20% , if you make it a regular habit , the losses in currency can quickly add up , doing it 5 times is a net loss of 1 chaos. that is no small number .

Sure I agree, if you are in a pinch and need a chaos or two , no harm done , but if you make it a habitual play style to buy at what i would consider a major loss , then I would be worried .

rationalizing it with " whats 4 alts anyway" is perfectly fine in the short term, but it rarely stays at 4 alts for long.

for example if i were to have sold my stock of alts from last league at that price , it would have been a net loss of 2.5 exalted orbs.

hows that for small.

I am not criticizing your mentality , only pointing out how it can escalate .

I completely agree with Saltychipmunk. You'll miss those "1 minute worth of picking up blues" alts when you get to maps.
"
iuxtaignem wrote:

You'll miss those "1 minute worth of picking up blues" alts when you get to maps.

It is more than 1 min of pick up...100% IIQ and 170% IIR in Act 3 final boss in M mode...start from the waypoint til the end. 25mins (inc. pickup time) Usually 16-25alt per run (some blue only worth for
)

Spent a week on farming alt and only got 950 of them...

Chaos recipe is rarely use as Ii mostly ID those rings as I need a good ring badly.

I believe I have sold at least 1000alt for those 15alt:1c and 2000 for those between 12-4alt:1c.

Now, I am only selling it as 1 ex. 300-320alt (i only will sell 320 if i am only able to sell 1 set.)

Lets look at this way, people who willing to buy it with ex is mostly those who have spare currency to spend and they prefer to buy it as a bulk to save his time. I am happy and he is happy. This is supply and demand.

I do agree that there have a lot of player trying to rip off the newbie...
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119850
Selling Crit Bow ilvl 68-75 (Mostly White)
Last edited by Exorcist901 on Sep 2, 2014, 8:53:08 AM
I love witnessing the first time someone grasps the concept of profit.
The mistake OP makes is that, 2 fusings =/= 1 chaos absolutely. This ratio is market driven, sometimes it could be 2.5 fusings to a chaos, sometimes maybe fusings are worth SLIGHTLY more than 0.5 chaos.. Generally people will accept 2 fusings for 1 chaos, as may some people 35 chaos in the place of an exalt in a trade - but where no profit is make-able, people will prefer the "bigger" currency, be it the chaos, or the exalt - there is a reason a "pure" exalt is worth more than the equivilant in alchs.

It isn't rocket science to be honest. If you ask for a chaos for 2 alchs or 2 fusings, you will only get people who actually need the alchs or fusings taking your offer. Now the other way around, you'll prob get a lot more trade requests :).

Try giving someone 15 alchs and 15 scourings in place of 15 chaos, they may not be happy!

ign KlearSpeed

1.3 Torment - Scion Kinetic Build Guide (HC Viable)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1146976
Last edited by iMbaQ on Sep 2, 2014, 12:17:30 PM
"
Exorcist901 wrote:
"
iuxtaignem wrote:

You'll miss those "1 minute worth of picking up blues" alts when you get to maps.

It is more than 1 min of pick up...100% IIQ and 170% IIR in Act 3 final boss in M mode...start from the waypoint til the end. 25mins (inc. pickup time) Usually 16-25alt per run (some blue only worth for
)

Spent a week on farming alt and only got 950 of them...

I know. i've been running maps above 50%IQ since forsaken M. release and only got around 500alts, and that's picking up every rare i find. So, as far as i know, alts are not -like the other guy said- "1 minute worth of picking up blues"

"
Exorcist901 wrote:
Chaos recipe is rarely use as Ii mostly ID those rings as I need a good ring badly.

I believe I have sold at least 1000alt for those 15alt:1c and 2000 for those between 12-4alt:1c.

Now, I am only selling it as 1 ex. 300-320alt (i only will sell 320 if i am only able to sell 1 set.)

Lets look at this way, people who willing to buy it with ex is mostly those who have spare currency to spend and they prefer to buy it as a bulk to save his time. I am happy and he is happy. This is supply and demand.

I do agree that there have a lot of player trying to rip off the newbie...

Currency trading is mostly a service. Yes you can find someone in hard need of fus or ex, willing to trade with you for less currency than they normally do, but that won't happen every single time you want to trade. So, i'm ok with slightly overpriced or underpriced ratios, but let's be fair, we all have been a newbie at some point...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info