20 alts for chaos and 10 jewlers for a chaos

it's only 4 alts
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
"
Fire_Kid wrote:
it's only 4 alts

lol
"
Fire_Kid wrote:
it's only 4 alts

It is 20%.

But anyway, it is easier to sell full stacks than to split and add up multiples of 16, and it will take longer to sell the alts at 16:1. So basically, the 20% is the fee that you pay to the "broker" in exchange for the fast conversion service they provide. The same happens in real life when you buy and sell currency, actually.

In PoE, the time you unsuccessfully try to sell something, is time you don't spend farming more. Selling at 20:1 also means having to suffer trade chat for seconds rather than minutes, hours or even days. That is not without value if you play the game rather than work it.
Last edited by Mivo on Sep 2, 2014, 1:49:11 AM
"
Obviously it works great for you.
I'm wondering why people don't mind throwing away 4 alts. Into the pocket of a flipper.

Simply because chaos cant be bought from vendors for alts and becasue 1c = 2fuse is a ratio made up by the playerbase, but has no base in the actual game (droprates). There is no way to vendor your alts & jew into chaos, so the ratio is actually ok.

If they would be paying 2 fuse for a stack of alts, that would be stupid, yeah. But they are paying "extra" alts for the convenience of receiving a chaos.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
XvXReaperXvX wrote:
I buy chaos for 20 alts all the time. Why?

Im lazy. When I need a chaos I don't really want to wait from one to drop. These traders are the fastest way for me to obtain a chaos. Im fine with them making a profit because they are providing a service that assists me. Its pretty much as simple as that.

Exactly that.
I need Chaos, pay stack of alts, both parties are happy. There is no recipe where you could convert your Alts/Jewelers/Fuses to Chaos orbs so of course people trying to make a little bit of profit on it. And what do you know, just like in real life, ey?
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
PPL pay. I have not starting flipping yet just leveling atm but last season all day

WTB 10 GCPs for 1 Exalt
WTS 8 GCPs for 1 Exalt

Made enough to buy a 6L Lightning coil in a few days.
Git R Dun!
"
Flippers do this and they think they're clever. 16 alts venders for 8 jewlers or 2 fuse. So at 20 alts for a chaos, they pocket 4 alts. Do that enough times and you get free exalts.

My question is do people KNOW they're getting ripped off? If so, why do you make this trade? I really don't get it.

What league are you on? No one buys chaos for 20 alts. The ratio is 10:1.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
making money off of someone elses laziness?
Don't see a problem here.

people trying to cheat others
Problem

It all depends on intentions not on actions ... Moral is a bitch, isn't she?
Forums are SOOO much fun on patch day!

Casuals play because it's fun, not to achieve any goal unreachable with their resources.
We are playing for the next difficulty, the next keystone, the next item upgrade.
Not to feel better than anyone else.
The saddest thing is the fact that chaos are only worth 12 alts right now because the ratio of fuse to chaos is so low... (literally 3fuse:2chaos in standard)
If you're willing to pay 20 alts for a chaos, then that's your problem not the seller's. I rather use the chaos recipe with unidentified items. Patience is a virtue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info