Early Masters far too greedy

Everybody who starts the new leagues early is forced to play self found.
If you happen to have that one guy as friend, the one who made 7x lvl 65's in 1 week,
and he's dumping all his low lvl uber leveling gear on you, good for you.
But let's keep it real, that's not the way it goes.

I'm pretty sure most of us have a lot of blue gear by the time they are lvl 20 (that's the minimum lvl requirement for master crafting anything useful, I don't count in that lvl 15 +X str shit).
Any alchs one finds are a direct upgrade. White gear is everywhere, just pick what you want.

The master crafting requirements alone are pretty demanding:

-Must have no more than 5 mods
-Can't add a mod if that mod is already present on the item

So the player has to find a rare,
that fits his desired slot,
has only 5 mods,
and room for exactly that 1 type of mod that the player is looking for.
That's a fucking slim chance!

And then comes the kicker: you have to pay 3 alchs! Not one... not two, but FUCKING THREE!!
You know what I'm thinking as a lvl 20, being given the opportunity to add one tiny mod to one rare?

I might as well ask, who is retarded enough to waste 3 alchs at this point?
Anyone is better off alching 3 new items, with a high chance of one of them being valuable to yourself or someone else, possibly even making profit.

What boosts your stats more? 1 added mod on one item, or 3 new rares,
each with at least 4 if not 7 mods??
Yeah. Think about that one for a second.

The master crafting prices are simply ludacris.
They should be all 1 alch max.
At least for gear that requires lvl 20/30.
After lvl 40-50 you can ask for 2 alchs, then lvl 60-99 it's ok to pay 4-6 alchs.

This is so unbalanced...
Stop designing the prices around the luckiest elite who plays 50h/day and finds 20 alchs per hour,
that shit is not normal, and shouldn't be a norm.

"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
There are several useful recipes you can do to get you through the game. Like phys damage recipe on weapons, or +1 to fire/lightning/cold gems. For resists, two stone rings and alt + augment is effective. I know, who would've thought? :o

If you don't like the prices, simply don't use the services. Some of us are glad they made mid-tier crafting possible at a cheaper cost, and that's not super duper RNG.

Also, good luck with them 7 mod items.

Master crafting isn't tuned around low level crafting. It just isn't. I didn't even bother putting a master mod on anything until level 65, just because there's no reason to when any run-of-the-mill 1 chaos life dual-res item is an upgrade.

Really the only point of getting a master upgrade on anything worth less than 3 chaos or so is if you'd have to completely regear your character to get that stat without master crafting.

Master crafting costs are, however, balanced when you consider good gear that's just missing one key stat. Take, for example, good (100+%) tri-res boots with 20% movespeed but no life. Definitely not worth eternal-exalting, but decent enough to sell for 5-8 chaos or so on their own. Throw a 3 chaos haku life roll on there for 65 life or so, and suddenly you have a 1 exalt item.
"
Quantume wrote:
Everybody who starts the new leagues early is forced to play self found.
If you happen to have that one guy as friend, the one who made 7x lvl 65's in 1 week,
and he's dumping all his low lvl uber leveling gear on you, good for you.
But let's keep it real, that's not the way it goes.

I'm pretty sure most of us have a lot of blue gear by the time they are lvl 20 (that's the minimum lvl requirement for master crafting anything useful, I don't count in that lvl 15 +X str shit).
Any alchs one finds are a direct upgrade. White gear is everywhere, just pick what you want.

The master crafting requirements alone are pretty demanding:

-Must have no more than 5 mods
-Can't add a mod if that mod is already present on the item

So the player has to find a rare,
that fits his desired slot,
has only 5 mods,
and room for exactly that 1 type of mod that the player is looking for.
That's a fucking slim chance!

And then comes the kicker: you have to pay 3 alchs! Not one... not two, but FUCKING THREE!!
You know what I'm thinking as a lvl 20, being given the opportunity to add one tiny mod to one rare?

I might as well ask, who is retarded enough to waste 3 alchs at this point?
Anyone is better off alching 3 new items, with a high chance of one of them being valuable to yourself or someone else, possibly even making profit.

What boosts your stats more? 1 added mod on one item, or 3 new rares,
each with at least 4 if not 7 mods??
Yeah. Think about that one for a second.

The master crafting prices are simply ludacris.
They should be all 1 alch max.
At least for gear that requires lvl 20/30.
After lvl 40-50 you can ask for 2 alchs, then lvl 60-99 it's ok to pay 4-6 alchs.

This is so unbalanced...
Stop designing the prices around the luckiest elite who plays 50h/day and finds 20 alchs per hour,
that shit is not normal, and shouldn't be a norm.

I have to disagree. . Sure they are pricey but..low level mods like the 10 or 8 augmentations are very nice

As you can see as a level 66 j still use "shitty gears" but since theses like 40 aug and 12 trans I can now go mapping and chaining piety run safely. ..alching those linked white bases or jewellery didn't provide what I needed :/ keeping my alch for mapping
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG

Those alchs gave me 2k dps bro...
i too fas fo youuuuuuu
Totally true - spending these amounts of currency on master mods before 60-70 lvl is a waste in 90% cases.
"
Duskbane wrote:

Those alchs gave me 2k dps bro...

EARLY MASTER CRAFTING.... EARLY......
lvl 20 - 30 .......

CAN ANYONE OF U MOTHERFUCKERS READ??
WHY U ALL POSTING LVL 45-66 ITEMS? OMFG.......
"
LovePutin wrote:
Totally true - spending these amounts of currency on master mods before 60-70 lvl is a waste in 90% cases.

Thank you comrade Putin. Putin knows best.
Such early levels require no currency spent on items, crafting nor buying, especially now when life/lvl got buffed and you're steamrolling through content w/o any life gear.

Currency is usually kept till you enter Merciless to max out res and alike. And later on used on ilvl60+ jwlry or Alch 20% recipe.
"I accept Nujabes as my Savior."
Last edited by 1988288 on Sep 2, 2014, 8:17:43 AM
"
Quantume wrote:
EARLY MASTER CRAFTING.... EARLY......
lvl 20 - 30 .......

CAN ANYONE OF U MOTHERFUCKERS READ??
WHY U ALL POSTING LVL 45-66 ITEMS? OMFG.......

why are you so mad lol

as someone else said, you don't need to craft those shitty low level items, nobody cares about low levels since you can just faceroll them with whatever drops for you + random spell/attack.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info