oh nice, when did you buff ice nova strongboxes?

While ice nova did get a minor buff, it always did massive damage in ambush. In high maps it often did 4k+ damage.
Ironic that this is more dangerous than "Explodes"?
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
confirm....

7.6k life 74 cold resist and got one shot and i was quite far from the box in courtyard map.
Out of curiosity, anyone try sapphire flasking and then trying to tank the hit?
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
legend says something about a smoke mine that people in the stone age used to escape ice novas.
People saying that it's okay for people to have 4500+ hp with max resist and maybe some extra defenses to get one shot by a single ice nova with no extra mods or mods on the map need to really rethink that.
How the fuck do you die to an ice nova strongbox ROFL
"
MaptSoul wrote:
How the fuck do you die to an ice nova strongbox ROFL

Because it does a million damage? I nearly got 1-shot by one in a party. It did about 90% of my HP, and I didnt even see them click on the box; I just ran into it. I was just catching up to the group, Ice nova tagged me, nearly 1-shot me.

I still open them but I leap slam away or run away, but all it takes is 1 desync and that nova will get you. I have nearly died 3 times to desyncing boxes; more than anything else so far. Its sad when the thing I fear the most is a damn box and the desync that could get me killed by that damn box.

The Ice nova is a bit over-tuned. Try getting out of normal first, or whatever it is you play in, and start getting chunked by a box-nova for 80-100% of your hp.
Last edited by Destructodave on Sep 2, 2014, 5:57:37 PM
Don't run into the ice nova box boys aand run away from the ice nova box if you click it boys, I know you can do it. Or at least stop trying to facetank every mod and shit in the game. At least if you're playing sc doesn't matter either way
Ice nova does indeed give a good chunk of damage, but I haven't had any problem with it whatsoever, sitting at 5333 life currently at level 89...

Biggest hit from ice nova is about 3~4k, seems good enough for me.

The one-shots? I'm pretty sure something else was going on, I doubt people are getting one-shotted from ice nova at 5k+ life

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info