Does it normally take like 5 years for PoE to load?

You need a faster PC and good SSD optimized.

Laptops are jokes. Everything in them is slower except maybe SSD if you buy aftermarket.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 31, 2014, 11:21:52 PM
SSD is what you need for quick load times. It also lets you completely boot your computer before you even turn on your monitor.
You are lucky you are not running a Mac port... takes 10 years to load here.
Loading between areas is OK. I beleive OP is talking about the initial loading, first time you turn on the game. Yeah, as i remember it this takes enough time to grow a stylish beard. Also where are the J. Lawrence nudes?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Thanks for the responses.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Hi there,

If the game's taking an unusually long time to load, that may be a result of hard drive or file fragmentation. Defragmenting your hard drive or the game's content.ggpk is generally a good place to start.

The load times usually won't be affected by your graphics card as much as your hard drive speed, but there are a couple of factors at work here. An SSD would offer a definite improvement though.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
I'm no expert, but this has nothing to do with defragmentation of the hard disk or the game.
My hard disk is clean, there is nothing on my pc other than poe and win7. The game always loads in 10 seconds. But NOT the first time I start it: when I turn on the computer and start poe for the first time, it takes about 2-3 minutes to load. If I then quit and start poe again, it loads in 10 sec(repeatable, so this must be the norm).

It's like the launcher crashes for 2 minutes and then remembers its job, because when I kill the client before the game has finished loading (so anywhere in that 2-3min timeframe), I can actually start poe in 10 sec, like I normally can.

So if the issue is defragmentation, then it should always take the same huge amount of time to load.

I don't know what the launcher does on first startup after a reboot, but whatever it is, it would be a good idea to give the user some control or information over it, like implementing a time schedule for that action or a countdown until it has finished or something.
If it is NOT working as intended, then the game is buggy on my new PC and my old one and my laptop, because that giant-load-time-on-first-use-after-reboot-phenomenon is repeatable on all my computers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info