Newbies Blues - Whine and Complain

At lower levels the only thing you really need is a good weapon.

And trading is not something that is necessary to get one.

If your not trading, then saving all those currency items is not necessary. So use them.

Go to a vendor, or look out for whites that have the links/sockets you want.

Use alchemy orbs and chance orbs to get a weapon.

I play mainly HC, SC with friends. My highest HC character made into the high 60's and I never traded to get there. You get more for your alchemy/chaos orbs through trading. But if you dont want to spend the time, by all means use them. It may not be the best weapon but usually with a couple tries you will get something decent.

POE.xyz website has also made things a hella lot easier if you do want to trade.

I made a trade within 5 minutes of checking poe.xyz, a crazy powerful bow for 2c. List it by what you want, you can tell if they are on, and message them in game for a trade. crazy easy these days.
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
This game is more trading simulator than ARPG. I've long advocated for less weighted rolls on affixes, and better drop rates on uniques, but all these people just love being trading tycoons and gearing up in a trade window ( or the thrill of amassing currency, idk wtf is with them)

No...it's really not unless you make it that way, as someone who plays solo and 99.999% self found you don't need to trade

Right. What's your dps? What's your defensive stats mr self found? I'll bet it's no where NEAR what it can be with a few trades.

And using magic find isn't a valid defense. It makes no sense to gimp your character stacking MF in a game where you're trying to get as powerful as possible.
Don't wear MF, get crappy loot. Wear MF and be limited in what loot you have access to because your character is gimped. You guys don't see the problem cuz you think it's super awesome.

One shouldn't have to play a Searing Totem MF character ( for example) in order to NOT get crap loot.
Nor should you have to use cull. Or any other snappy comeback you have.

Trading should be a way to fill in gaps, not THE way to gear.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Sep 1, 2014, 1:32:19 PM
Well, the OP hits some things on the head for sure. This game is very oldschool in the sense that it's a very poor game when it comes to tutorials and "sharing information". The game itself does _NOT_ obviously explain everything. People on my friendlist still asks me what conduit does.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
After a year i learned the difference between more and increased.
And just last weak i learned that "LESS" is the opposite of more and divides dmg or other stats.

Also learned how q20 works last 1.2 patch notes
And took me 14 months to understand why the hell i couldnt exalt a chest with only 5 mods and others have 7 mods!

And the first 3 weeks of play i farmed ledge with 15min breaks. Ctrl click? Whooot?

Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info