Newbies Blues - Whine and Complain

"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:
Trading is nominally optional, but the game is horrible and utterly unfun without it. And if you thought the wall at 44 was annoying, just wait until you hit 65 at the end of the base game.

Or hit the merc act2 wall... the line between good or bad build is often drawn here.

No offense op, your build sucks.
Why i say this?

Because my 1st 3 builds sucked probably even more so I know.

You need to choose a direction.
Ranged or melee?
Crit glass cannon or low dps tank.
support partyplay or solokiller
Es or life

You cant have all unless you play a year or have credit card and risk getting acount ban.

Your best option, keep sucking at it and learn.
I hear this alot:
Fucking merveil killed me desync broken game.

What ur cold resist?

-12% what of it?

I was there too.

Max ur res
Life on gear
4link at least 1 gear
Dont blow 200 croms on coloring gear that you will change next 3 lvl ups

... gl man
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
You are missing something very important and that is well known... If you're new to a game of this type, it is almost 100% sure that your first characters will be absolute crap. The only way to progress is first making many mistakes and accepting them as part of the game. And you started in the worst possible way, first claiming instead of accepting things as they are. It tells you a lone player, all go through the same and it is entirely possible to progress in this game without trading... and without claim for "bad drop" when the drop is perfect as it is.
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
There was someone who leveled all the way to dominus in nothing but blue items and minimum trading, there is now decent crafting through the masters...you being stuck at level 44 isn't anything to do with the game but you sucking enough to die often enough that the death penalty stops you from gaining exp
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Go to the Guild Recruitment board:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/guild-recruitment-seeking-players

Join a guild (there are a few aimed specifically at new players), and you will find a wealth of advice, trading partners (if they dun simply give you gear outright), and folks to party with.

Best way to advance yourself is to make some friends. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
*I am stuck as a level 44 ranger. I can't get any good equipment anywhere.

Without trading, this is what it's like, and Chris thinks it's just peachy.
Horrible itemization, weighted values favoring vender trash. You can play all day every day in maps and get absolutely nothing but badly itemized vender trash. ONCE IN A BLUE MOON you get something worth more that dick squat.

What you do is grind for hours and hours vendering trash for alt frags, so you can get alts, so you can get jewlers, so you can get fuses, so you can trade for chaos, so you can trade for exalt.

Or you can join the greedy community and flip one currency for another. Stare at the msg board/trade channel all day lying in wait for some sucker to take advantage of.
Like the occasional douche you catch trying to offer a chaos for 10 chance. ( meanwhile you can vender EIGHT chance for a regret!)

Fun right?
TOo bad the designer/s don't think it's fun gearing up playing the damn game. You gear up in a trade window.

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
There was someone who leveled all the way to dominus in nothing but blue items and minimum trading, there is now decent crafting through the masters...you being stuck at level 44 isn't anything to do with the game but you sucking enough to die often enough that the death penalty stops you from gaining exp

Of course it's possible but it's like watching paint dry playing the game self found.

This game is more trading simulator than ARPG. I've long advocated for less weighted rolls on affixes, and better drop rates on uniques, but all these people just love being trading tycoons and gearing up in a trade window ( or the thrill of amassing currency, idk wtf is with them)
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Aug 31, 2014, 9:08:43 PM
"
This game is more trading simulator than ARPG. I've long advocated for less weighted rolls on affixes, and better drop rates on uniques, but all these people just love being trading tycoons and gearing up in a trade window ( or the thrill of amassing currency, idk wtf is with them)

No...it's really not unless you make it that way, as someone who plays solo and 99.999% self found you don't need to trade
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I normally help new players. But since you have done nothing but complain and blame the game, I won't bother.
"
"
*I am stuck as a level 44 ranger. I can't get any good equipment anywhere.

Without trading, this is what it's like, and Chris thinks it's just peachy.
Horrible itemization

This is absolutely false, specially in leveling process

Finding upgrades via self found it's very very possible up to level 70. Finding constant upgrades up to level 50 it's also almost guaranteed, now with masters it's SO DAMN EASY to craft an upgrade.

I personally was totally self found with my main up to level 65, then i upgraded a bit

Everything depends on your build and player intelligence, having a culling skill with item rarity helps a crapload for bosses (which with 50 iir drop already 4-5 rares) also having some iir gear on swap for boss killing helps, if you manage to reach 100 iir in swap gear you're set and every boss will drop many rares and eventually an upgrade will drop.

Samples of self found gear with 54% iir from culling skill only:

All of these can be used for leveling

A new player must react if he's stuck, whining on forum and blaming the game is useless, man up and learn how to play like everyone else did
Vagan may offer multistrike for a regal orb ... Got one from him a few days ago. Requires lvl 3-5.
I like many kinds of games 😊
Vagan may offer multistrike for a regal orb ... Got one from him a few days ago. Requires lvl 3-5.

EDIT:
But since you don't seem inclined to use some time yourself and look up the Unofficial PoE Wiki, I will tell you: Vagan is a master you usually get at normal difficulty, during leveling a character.

Most people suck with their first 2-5 characters in this game ... Start over, again ...
I like many kinds of games 😊
Last edited by ArchSecter on Sep 1, 2014, 6:33:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info