[1.2.1][HC] MrKasor's Crit Ash Shot Ranger (Cheap Newbie Friendly Guide)

"
Great build, im doing it as a shadow and so far im doing OK, i recommend taking the pierce chance nodes ASAP! GJ

Yeah its really great pierce is key for ice shot and with drillneck its unstoppable.

"
Nice build, quite a bit of fun to play. My only issue is it's a bit weak on defense. I may be a bit biased however as I normally play a super tanky build. May be a bit of "Learn to Play" since I'm used to facetanking everything. Still, interesting playstyle and quite a bit of fun. I'll try to play around with it a bit and see if I can't make it work for me.

Yes It isn't a facetanky melee build probably due to you have no block chance with bows but it has a lot of evasion. and max I can PVP and facetank my friends melee builds no problem.

"
I just totally oneshotted myself on HC with all the possible links up lmao. The damage is insane though. But be really carefull with reflect i was level 52

No way I have never even came close to one shotting myself. thought I have like 3k health max resists. At first when I see a reflect pack I just peg the outer most minion and let the ignite kill the packs. But now I straight up hit them and take no damage. Could you fill me in on your setup? Armour, resists and health?
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094226
I deleted the toon already. It was on Beyond. But my res was too low so its not to blame on your build i failed to say that in the last post. Had like 2k health 45% reduction or something and resses were low 40/10/40 i think. And i was on merciless. Bigggg beyond pack spawned with the chaos aura and i shot at them and dead. Its also possible i had a major desync and the poison damage got me but it was after i shot at them i insta died and there was a reflect in it. So maybe its a bit of both or maybe it was my resist. My own fault. Not the build :) was really fun too play
"
I deleted the toon already. It was on Beyond. But my res was too low so its not to blame on your build i failed to say that in the last post. Had like 2k health 45% reduction or something and resses were low 40/10/40 i think. And i was on merciless. Bigggg beyond pack spawned with the chaos aura and i shot at them and dead. Its also possible i had a major desync and the poison damage got me but it was after i shot at them i insta died and there was a reflect in it. So maybe its a bit of both or maybe it was my resist. My own fault. Not the build :) was really fun too play

Well that's good to hear its always smart to have full resists when entering a new difficulty. Its especially nice to get some chaos resist in beyond. I usually roll some rings I get from merc shop till they fill in the needed resists. Lost my one character to a beyond with ice storm call and 40% cold resist in merc wont make that mistake again.
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
Last edited by MrKasor on Sep 3, 2014, 12:39:49 PM
Update: Added Pyre unique
great stuff but where did you buy a Drillneck for 2-4ex?
all I see on poe.xyz is around 15ex :S

edit> ah damn I just realised you list Beyond prices.
Last edited by NiNcsszaM on Sep 4, 2014, 9:08:18 AM
well, I'm too newbie for this game and it's just my 5th day.
I'm trying to do this build with evasion armors. But when I check your skill tree, you didn't select the IR. I'm confused, What should I do? Which one I should follow. Armour build has seperately 30,60,90,118 lvl's tree that is awesome, So I can follow it easily. But in evasion build there is just one skill tree picture with 118 point given. that's hard to follow.
Now you tell me;
Should I build armour or evasion?
If I build evasion should I select IR?
Damn, this game is killing me!

This situation that I have, we have a song in our country for that. It's name ''KAFAMDA DELİ SORULAR''..

lol, I really need help.
Thanks

Doing this build on beyond, reached lvl 60. (1st caractere to reached merciless :p) And this is so great. Just want to know how run grace, hatred and ash ?

But thx for the guide and the funny build. :)
"
Doing this build on beyond, reached lvl 60. (1st caractere to reached merciless :p) And this is so great. Just want to know how run grace, hatred and ash ?

I wouldn't run all three as hatred is 60% reserved as well as grace and ash is 43% you need the aura cluster and level 20 reduced mana gems to reserve 85% of your mana with grace and ash (NEEDED) and a 40% aura. Try a purity or vitality. staying alive is more important.

"
well, I'm too newbie for this game and it's just my 5th day...Should I build armour or evasion? If I build evasion should I select IR?

haha don't worry its not that hard alright there isnt steps for the evasion tree because there is very little difference. You will be collecting evasion nodes and IR is cheaper to run in hardcore where as evasion basically requires lightning coil to survive in hardcore which is expensive. Thankfully you can grab IR and respec into the evasion tree if you desire when you have good gear. If you are playing a softcore league. dont worry about it grab the evasion and forget about IR. I will put steps into the evasion tree for you and label it softcore. if you go IR ignore Ondars and the Acrobatics cluster

"
great stuff but where did you buy a Drillneck for 2-4ex?
all I see on poe.xyz is around 15ex :S

Yeah hardcore leagues tend to have more stable prices I dont understand standard pricing I would think the prices would be cheaper because you constantly get good items flowing in and are less rare but thats just not the case.
@MrKasor thanks a lot, I'm not a hardcore player first of all. I'm gonna grab IR and try to go for Armour tree. I'm 30 lvl now. The other problem is skills, I was using split shot till 27 now I've found tornado shot and started to use it. Also I don't have too much sockets in my armors so I can't linked 4 of them in one piece. can you tell me ; Ice Shot with ''****'' and tornado shot with ''****''. I just can link 1 supporter for now :)) If which is more important for skill tell it first and I'm gonna try to link it and use it. Hope you understand what I mean.
"
thanks a lot, I'm not a hardcore player first of all. I'm gonna grab IR and try to go for Armour tree. I'm 30 lvl now. The other problem is skills, I was using split shot till 27 now I've found tornado shot and started to use it. Also I don't have too much sockets in my armors so I can't linked 4 of them in one piece. can you tell me ; Ice Shot with ''****'' and tornado shot with ''****''. I just can link 1 supporter for now :)) If which is more important for skill tell it first and I'm gonna try to link it and use it. Hope you understand what I mean.

No problem my friend. and the build is constantly changing as I level and refine it. For ice shot probably increased physical damage then pierce. for tornado shot lesser multiple projectiles then increased physical damage. Three links should be not hard to find and 4 links will be easy to craft later. If you need a better bow save up rare physical belts you can use the physical damage vendor recipe found on the wiki.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info