[1.3] Crit Cleave (DW Swords) NOW SHADOW! Link to 1.3 Build in the Thread

hi all,

First, thanks for this build,I am currently level 84 with that and it is very fun too play.

For MrFedorino and Jazzmaniac :
How you deal with physical reflect ?
I OS me too often, and i think it is the main weakness of the build.

Do you think if I take vaal pact and iron reflects (of course i don't take the points of the acrobatics skills) it will be better to survive ?

Some other questions for JazzManiac : Why do you prefer go on "life and flask" and not to "life and evasion" (3 nods which give 10% eva + 4% life and one nod 14% and 5% => near finesse/ranger start)
Same, do you think it is better to go on bravado that go on 3 nodes life and evasion ? "Block" better than "life/eva" ?

In all the case thanks for the discussion,

+++
Last edited by GuntharTLS on Aug 31, 2014, 5:53:36 PM
The life and flask with profane chemistry nodes are one of the best nodes for life. I'm surprised you didn't take them; with such a crit centric build you'll often have no worries in regards to filling up flasks (thanks to surgeons mod).
IGN: Flickerdart
I played a crit dualwield sword build with abyssus some leagues ago and after the marauder tree change, this isnt the best option anymore imho and the last change made it even worse.

I am not saying sword crit isnt viable anymore, but you get much better result with claws or daggers.

dualwield daggers will give you so much more dps, dagger+shield will give you about the same dps, but better surviveability.

dualwield claws maybe do a bit less dps, but will give you soooo much more defense due to high leech + vaal pact.

If you plan to run abyssus and crit vaal pact is pretty much mandatory for me to deal especially with reflect (main reason why I like claws for dualwield crit builds most)

You also want more health than the original build, otherwise you'll get oneshot all the time wearing abyssus.
Thats the reason why I'd prefer JazzManiac build if you really want to play crit sword build instead of claws or dagger.

But concernin swords I'd prefer a blender-like build with BoR - even though it has less dps its surviveability is insane and 50-70k DPS should be enough to rock every difficulty...
"
GuntharTLS wrote:
hi all,

First, thanks for this build,I am currently level 84 with that and it is very fun too play.

For MrFedorino and Jazzmaniac :
How you deal with physical reflect ?
I OS me too often, and i think it is the main weakness of the build.

Do you think if I take vaal pact and iron reflects (of course i don't take the points of the acrobatics skills) it will be better to survive ?

Some other questions for JazzManiac : Why do you prefer go on "life and flask" and not to "life and evasion" (3 nods which give 10% eva + 4% life and one nod 14% and 5% => near finesse/ranger start)
Same, do you think it is better to go on bravado that go on 3 nodes life and evasion ? "Block" better than "life/eva" ?

In all the case thanks for the discussion,

+++

Reflect maps are not doable with this build, but for reflect packs i just use granite + jade flask and im fine .... the build should have Iron Reflexes in it
"
Kabiras wrote:
The life and flask with profane chemistry nodes are one of the best nodes for life. I'm surprised you didn't take them; with such a crit centric build you'll often have no worries in regards to filling up flasks (thanks to surgeons mod).

I feel like the flasks fill up my life quick enough, but ive considered dumping some damage nodes in order to pick up these life + flask nodes
"
azraelb wrote:
I played a crit dualwield sword build with abyssus some leagues ago and after the marauder tree change, this isnt the best option anymore imho and the last change made it even worse.

I am not saying sword crit isnt viable anymore, but you get much better result with claws or daggers.

dualwield daggers will give you so much more dps, dagger+shield will give you about the same dps, but better surviveability.

dualwield claws maybe do a bit less dps, but will give you soooo much more defense due to high leech + vaal pact.

If you plan to run abyssus and crit vaal pact is pretty much mandatory for me to deal especially with reflect (main reason why I like claws for dualwield crit builds most)

You also want more health than the original build, otherwise you'll get oneshot all the time wearing abyssus.
Thats the reason why I'd prefer JazzManiac build if you really want to play crit sword build instead of claws or dagger.

But concernin swords I'd prefer a blender-like build with BoR - even though it has less dps its surviveability is insane and 50-70k DPS should be enough to rock every difficulty...

I really dont know what youre talking about, because i dont plan on using abyssus, i can run 77 maps without too much difficulty too... i was thinking about getting BoR but i dont have the money for it atm.

Im at 4.2k life atm and i feel like thats alright

Regarding Daggers/Claws: I was aiming to make a Cleave build and you cant cleave with daggers or claws, so theres that.

Let me further explain why my build has about the same, or even better survivabilty than JazzManiacs:

Even tho he has more life nodes, he is using Lightning coil + abyssus which provides far less life than belly of the beast. His life should be around 100-200 higher than mine, but not more.
Besides that Lightning coil doesnt completely counter the downside of Abyssus and you still take a bit more damage, plus you get shocked alot, which you have to counter with shock dispel nodes.
For these reasons the survivability of our builds should be around the same
Last edited by ShellShoal on Sep 1, 2014, 11:55:50 AM
ShellShoal, you make my day...nice build. But at present i have not available 2 swords/ 2 axes with good specifications. Nvm, your axe crit build is nice, that's why i made my build with BoR, Soul Taker + 1H sword. Based on your idea (but with dual block).

Stats at lvl 88 (standard):
100K DMG with 3 aura: Hatred, Herald of ash + ice (i can start one another aura, but defensive) -> Sovereignty
4.7K life
59% block
80% chance to hit, etc...

Here is my 1H sword:

Last edited by Minatg on Sep 1, 2014, 6:17:50 PM
"
Minatg wrote:
ShellShoal, you make my day...nice build. But at present i have not available 2 swords/ 2 axes with good specifications. Nvm, your axe crit build is nice, that's why i made my build with BoR, Soul Taker + 1H sword. Based on your idea (but with dual block).

Stats at lvl 88 (standard):
100K DMG with 3 aura: Hatred, Herald of ash + ice (i can start one another aura, but defensive) -> Sovereignty
4.7K life
59% block
80% chance to hit, etc...

Here is my 1H sword:

nice sword!
My weapon independant build is close to the ShellShoal's crit axe build. But i have a problem with physical reflect. That's why in phys reflect maps i use Lightning Strike (against more mobs) and Molten Strike (-> single). Molten strike converts huge phys damage to fire (if you want to kill Atziri miiror for example). The combination with LMP is impressive. :)
"
JazzManiac wrote:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBmSu9gUd-FFJlTYTZWNtT35uDhO907XrvYEsFLW5pvqfv42NwNJO2QU4qKaUV9mJ5AAZbrxjbwYvbpwlYXLDT_N0NLOkVICLiR-LQgaQ5Kk0_J0rIbqq18jWS2L3-j03jplcxnvzFVvpnoId2Sn3uDqOKI_ZNko19MHzUUsv1MbDcvQbu5w8DJ0TSo-eXcAIR0359df663-8o2x3KfVusR1FMykpvnoMJ8bNLV8DjnKSHE3cHd9d0oAaiF9wGIFh1cHIDhxutlWa3F4Dh4l44lkxgBLE64fJF_gqQCg==

this will be my passivel tree and i will explain here why abyssus/coil combo e super good for this build.

so my main weapon
Spoiler

so I have 2.11 attacks per sec and from it self i got 312 DPS then everything i add will multiply, so for adding 40-60 just from the abyssus jumps to 417 105 more damage!

now imagine I am doing 312 DPS with but only with 1.7 Attacks per sec. this means abyssus will only add 85 dps. and so goes on for everything u add like Meginord's rings and stuff.

Conclusion = The Faster The Better!

BTW im NOT here to say you're not doing good, just trying to help you out to improve more and mby my self too :)

That's pretty awesome.

I'm just starting out and think that build looks like something I'd like to try. I'm only playing Rampage and just hit level 20 in Act 2.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAEdUb-iXfNJNOKlPfWNtfOWNwbmmE2Zkrm4OkGbZBvYG-p8qQ3ePv4w==

Quite liking Dual Strike and Cleave for skills at the moment. I'm finding it hard to find any Strength gems.

I guess my real queries are, is Iron Reflexes an early take or one for later in the build? What are the best nodes to be getting next? How do I find more skill gems?

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info