[1.3] Crit Cleave (DW Swords) NOW SHADOW! Link to 1.3 Build in the Thread

"
sssnnnake wrote:
JazzManiac will u post your build too to be able to compare it ?.Also i want to ask a creator of this thread can i use this build with good physical axes but without crit mods on them ?Offcourse i will not put passives on sword damage.Actually my question is -Does most of the crit nodes will work for me if i dont have crit mods on my weapons ? Ty

Btw the build looks great

The crit scales off the base crit from your weapon. For example your axe has 5% crit chance base and you have 300% crit on the skill tree:
5% * 300% = 5%*4 = 20% Crit chance

If youre going crit i would suggest getting crit modifiers on your weapons because 6% crit chance with 300% increase would mean 24% crit chance (this scales further with how much crit you have on the tree)

Instead getting the sword nodes you could get Axe nodes, there should be some around.

Overall swords are much better for crit but if you really want to you can do axes. But i think if you choose axes you should go with resolute technique and no crit nodes
Ty for your answer.My confusion come from passive which says: 75% invrease WEAPON crit chnace - which from obviously i cant benefit when i dont have crit mods on weapons.But does this mean that i will benefit from for example 80% increase crit chance with one handed melee weapon ? amd if yes i will have to crit often even when i dont have crit mods on weapons ?
IGN: ssserpent or sssnnnake
"
sssnnnake wrote:
Ty for your answer.My confusion come from passive which says: 75% invrease WEAPON crit chnace - which from obviously i cant benefit when i dont have crit mods on weapons.But does this mean that i will benefit from for example 80% increase crit chance with one handed melee weapon ? amd if yes i will have to crit often even when i dont have crit mods on weapons ?

You dont need crit mods on your weapons to benefit from crit chance on the tree. Crit chance mods on your weapon just increases the scaling.

I think to scale alright with crit a weapon should have around 6.5% or more crit chance. but even with only 5% crit chance on your weapon the scaling from the crit nodes on the tree still works

here is an exaple for a non crit axe build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmSubLb2BR34UUmVNhNluab6n7-NjcDSTtkFOKluvKaXdDRjbLOmQCvzFwYumjRUgVvpnoNungUF1TipN7g6HdglYNe9l8D8no4pKfVywbbRKyCP20_w67W6qTZKNfbXyqW41kt_vbEb-j9i9KNtybE3j_godyjIJple3PjGexq4cpzwtDF_E9lOlxBUn7fxLrKpsFnKpWfOHGXzZTjLlvfZVWf5MYASxlWYDh3By0359df66G60AXhmO7YMILiLiR-LQgaQ5eOsKm7cXXPlkWjiW

and an axe crit build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmSubLb2BR34UUmVNhNluab6n7-NjcDSTtkFOKhX2W68ppWJ53Q0Y2wAGLOmQCvzFwYumjRUgVvpnoNungUF1TipN7g6HdglYNe9l8D8no4pKfVywbbRKyCP2TGDT_DrtbqpNko19BLG18pVmNZIDh_6P2L1wchutTeP-CtN-ple3Pn11AF4xnsau_roZjjwt7YOX_sT2CC5-vcQVJ-38S6yqbBZyqVnzhxn3Mk4ymG_qGOW9kn0k4TBU9lXlz_tFPT5Z_twjP5scpwxfU6Vu2Bfh
Last edited by ShellShoal on Aug 30, 2014, 3:26:45 AM
Its all clear now mate :) thanks for explanation and builds.Good job.I dont have ex to spend on sword so i should stay with axes
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBmSu9gUd-FFJlTYTZWNtT35uDhO907XrvYEsFLW5pvqfv42NwNJO2QU4qKaUV9mJ5AAZbrxjbwYvbpwlYXLDT_N0NLOkVICLiR-LQgaQ5Kk0_J0rIbqq18jWS2L3-j03jplcxnvzFVvpnoId2Sn3uDqOKI_ZNko19MHzUUsv1MbDcvQbu5w8DJ0TSo-eXcAIR0359df663-8o2x3KfVusR1FMykpvnoMJ8bNLV8DjnKSHE3cHd9d0oAaiF9wGIFh1cHIDhxutlWa3F4Dh4l44lkxgBLE64fJF_gqQCg==

this will be my passivel tree and i will explain here why abyssus/coil combo e super good for this build.

so my main weapon
Spoiler

so I have 2.11 attacks per sec and from it self i got 312 DPS then everything i add will multiply, so for adding 40-60 just from the abyssus jumps to 417 105 more damage!

now imagine I am doing 312 DPS with but only with 1.7 Attacks per sec. this means abyssus will only add 85 dps. and so goes on for everything u add like Meginord's rings and stuff.

Conclusion = The Faster The Better!

BTW im NOT here to say you're not doing good, just trying to help you out to improve more and mby my self too :)

Last edited by JazzManiac on Aug 30, 2014, 5:25:54 AM
Ty JazzManiac not bad build too :) i want to ask both of u for this items i think will do the job
Spoiler

Using the build of ShellShoal i was able to get 126k damage

Here is my gear
Spoiler
Last edited by sssnnnake on Aug 30, 2014, 6:44:20 AM
"
sssnnnake wrote:
Ty JazzManiac not bad build too :) i want to ask both of u for this items i think will do the job
Spoiler

Using the build of ShellShoal i was able to get 126k damage

Here is my gear
Spoiler

Whoa, thats some really nice gear.

I think you should just keep this gear, because that sword from above is not good enough to be better than your axes
"
JazzManiac wrote:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBmSu9gUd-FFJlTYTZWNtT35uDhO907XrvYEsFLW5pvqfv42NwNJO2QU4qKaUV9mJ5AAZbrxjbwYvbpwlYXLDT_N0NLOkVICLiR-LQgaQ5Kk0_J0rIbqq18jWS2L3-j03jplcxnvzFVvpnoId2Sn3uDqOKI_ZNko19MHzUUsv1MbDcvQbu5w8DJ0TSo-eXcAIR0359df663-8o2x3KfVusR1FMykpvnoMJ8bNLV8DjnKSHE3cHd9d0oAaiF9wGIFh1cHIDhxutlWa3F4Dh4l44lkxgBLE64fJF_gqQCg==

this will be my passivel tree and i will explain here why abyssus/coil combo e super good for this build.

so my main weapon
Spoiler

so I have 2.11 attacks per sec and from it self i got 312 DPS then everything i add will multiply, so for adding 40-60 just from the abyssus jumps to 417 105 more damage!

now imagine I am doing 312 DPS with but only with 1.7 Attacks per sec. this means abyssus will only add 85 dps. and so goes on for everything u add like Meginord's rings and stuff.

Conclusion = The Faster The Better!

BTW im NOT here to say you're not doing good, just trying to help you out to improve more and mby my self too :)

Hey thanks for your help, im aware that faster attackspeed is better, but i couldnt get faster foils that have as much dps as my Swords.

Abyssus always gives a ton of DPS, but i think i might not be able to cap my resists properly if i equip lightning coil, so i will stick with Rats nest + belly atm.

(Also Belly gives alot of HP, even if i only have 134% life in my tree, belly pushes it up to almost 175% and meginords adds another 10%. ofc i lose flat life, but i think from a health perspective my build is alright for now. Maybe i could add more block but i will see if i do that later.)
i do a 2X1h non crit axe cleaver build but i play with a acrobatics/phase/evasion build so i reached also the gemini dw block nodes above and i am going fo resolute technique now i am lvl69.

I saw that you didn't took many dw block on your build why ? whats the decent rate for dw block chance. By the way i am at 56% chance and i am not happy with dw block when i am overcrowd i die fast. So i am reconsidering to lower my dw block chance(removing gemini when i hit resolute technique) for more useful nodes.

in your non crit axe build you didn't go to cleaving nodes or splitting strikes(+64% dmg ~_~) which are so SICK big dmg nodes to be skipped.

btw why a crit axe build shouldnt work since skill tree has been fully retooled and we can see a alot of accuracy node around. managing to get a 90% accuracy rate above lvl 70 it's really sustainable with some accuracy gear.

and 1hand royal axe has now sick base crit weapon mod as i saw.
"no great man lives in vain"
Thomas Carlyle

my ranger : /954868
Last edited by almazor on Aug 31, 2014, 7:09:04 AM
"
almazor wrote:
i do a 2X1h non crit axe cleaver build but i play with a acrobatics/phase/evasion build so i reached also the gemini dw block nodes above and i am going fo resolute technique now i am lvl69.

I saw that you didn't took many dw block on your build why ? whats the decent rate for dw block chance. By the way i am at 56% chance and i am not happy with dw block when i am overcrowd i die fast. So i am reconsidering to lower my dw block chance(removing gemini when i hit resolute technique) for more useful nodes.

in your non crit axe build you didn't go to cleaving nodes or splitting strikes(+64% dmg ~_~) which are so SICK big dmg nodes to be skipped.

btw why a crit axe build shouldnt work since skill tree has been fully retooled and we can see a alot of accuracy node around. managing to get a 90% accuracy rate above lvl 70 it's really sustainable with some accuracy gear.

and 1hand royal axe has now sick base crit weapon mod as i saw.

I didnt take many block nodes, because i wanted to push my dps as high as i could. I could take more block nodes if i want more defense but atm i feel like im doing alright. Besides im playing this build in rampage, so if i die its whatever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info