Dual Wielding -- benefits?

(main-hand)

(off-hand)

I DW claws using skills like Reave/Dual Strike with my Shadow, and I got to say, Bloodseeker has saved my butt many times. I wish I can afford Atziri's Acuity to replace the weapon with a better one, but this is the only alternative, and it is not bad one. My DPS is fine (roughly around 11-13k), but of course, I wish I can get more DPS to kill even faster, but unless I somehow increase my DPS by like another 20-30k DPS, and have Atziri's Acuity, then I will stick around with Bloodseeker.

Hell, Bloodseeker helps me with double physical reflect. Feels like, there is no reflect to begin with.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 29, 2014, 4:18:01 PM
Guys you completely messed it up.
Ok, John, replace BS with decent weapon, improve defences to mitigate reflect (it's a bit weird you can feel it at 11-12k dps), play for a while and you'll never turn back.

What I said is, that BS is a terribad choice lategame. Midgame it's fine, as when you have unfinished char everything helps.

This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
torturo wrote:
Ok, John, replace BS with decent weapon, improve defences to mitigate reflect (it's a bit weird you can feel it at 11-12k dps), play for a while and you'll never turn back.

What I said is, that BS is a terribad choice lategame. Midgame it's fine, as when you have unfinished char everything helps.

That is because I am pure melee evasion build, so there is no more defense (or the lack of one to mitigate physical reflect that easily because I have no life regen) I can improve on without scraping my entire build out.

Also, I really do not have any other decent claw, unless I can add

attack speed from Vagan, which I still have ways to go before I start using the crafting table for the desired %IAS.

I already grown used to using BS with this build. I still kill things quickly, but not that quickly, and that would require heavy investment.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 30, 2014, 5:21:33 AM
"
torturo wrote:

I played with Blood Seeker and Essentia Sanguis till level 95 in Invasion (couldnÄt do 100 cuz had only 6-7h times per day to play :P)

CI with Aura buffs (Disci, Grace, PoL, PoF); had 18k DPS at then end with 25% instant leech, 7.5k ES, 84 Fire/Light and 13k Armour.

Believe me, you can tank every shit with that and still clean map super nicely. (18k dps were PURE physical)
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Sep 2, 2014, 3:52:24 AM
"
torturo wrote:
"
Based_Nito wrote:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/918971

I don't know an example of what it's supposed to be.
He hasn't defined offhand (uses dual), he got sick gear and high level, he can replace BS with any mid tier weapon and will still destroy everything with ease, not dying.

Tell me what did you mean.

I'm sorry, but that's completely wrong. using Dual strike he gains instant leech from the damage of both of his weapons, the only other way to achieve this, Vaal Pact, as well as Acuities are strictly inferior than simply using a BS, in that it's 100% effectiveness, and you don't need to spec into crits to use it properly. my point in showing this is, this is absolutely a build that cannot function without the BS. Regardless of the gear, which can be done with Blood seeker and another claw, rather than a Soul Taker mind you. Hell, you could even use a Tabula for the 6l if you're tight on orbs.
IGN- JustaCIboy
Twitch.tv/BasedNito
"
Based_Nito wrote:

I'm sorry, but that's completely wrong. using Dual strike he gains instant leech from the damage of both of his weapons

Now the bolded part is what's completely wrong.
Already said he can afford to leech successfully because of sick gear and serious investment in damage nodes.

Smart people just prefer to get rid of trash weapons and use decent ones, while investing more in defence. If they have a choice, of course.

The price of BS is the reflection of how good and useful this weapon is.
But I guess, some people consider it good.
Different people, different tastes.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
torturo wrote:
"
Based_Nito wrote:

I'm sorry, but that's completely wrong. using Dual strike he gains instant leech from the damage of both of his weapons

Now the bolded part is what's completely wrong.
Already said he can afford to leech successfully because of sick gear and serious investment in damage nodes.

Smart people just prefer to get rid of trash weapons and use decent ones, while investing more in defence. If they have a choice, of course.

The price of BS is the reflection of how good and useful this weapon is.
But I guess, some people consider it good.
Different people, different tastes.

no, you're misunderstanding, in a rather humorous way. Using the Blood Seeker in the main hand, while using Dual strike gives you the instant leech of the BS claw. it's literally irreplaceable for the build. as you would be leeching at a normal speed otherwise. Let me dig up a quote from the build creator:

"
Exalton wrote:

You need dual strike to get the instant Life leech from Bloodseeker on your off-hand. Since Dual strike takes the damage of both your weapons and applies them in 1 single hit - all of your leech becomes instant.

I didn't believe it either, until i leveled the build, and i found out for myself. you can not replace the Blood seeker on this given build, without redesigning it from the ground up, as i said.

Spoiler
If we're misunderstanding each other, and i'm arguing with you, despite you agreeing with me, i apologize.
IGN- JustaCIboy
Twitch.tv/BasedNito
"
Based_Nito wrote:

"
Exalton wrote:

You need dual strike to get the instant Life leech from Bloodseeker on your off-hand. Since Dual strike takes the damage of both your weapons and applies them in 1 single hit - all of your leech becomes instant.

I didn't believe it either, until i leveled the build, and i found out for myself. you can not replace the Blood seeker on this given build, without redesigning it from the ground up, as i said.

Look, dual strike doesn't combine the damage the way he, and you think.
It checks damage, accuracy, chance to crit and specific weapon bonuses separately, for each weapon.

In the scenario we're talking about, global leech from BS will apply to both weapons, but the instant leech will apply to BS only, as it's calculated separately.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Sep 2, 2014, 6:22:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info