Dual Wielding -- benefits?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Al_Dhih

Let's look at Al Dhih for example.

This has 15% life leech as a prefix. If I put this in my offhand, and use Double Strike (only attacks with main hand), will I get the 15% benefit to my main hand attacks? Because the character sheet is saying yes, I have a knowledgeable guildie saying know... and so now I've come to the community :)
Yes, you will benefit from the leech.

People sometimes use the unique Prismatic Edge as a stat boost or ungils gauche for block with double strike.

Or even soul taker :>
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Does Bloodseeker's instant leech apply to both? Again, contradicting information... The weapon says "with this weapon", but I saw a popular build where a guy used Dual Strike with Bloodseeker and Soul Taker, and the whole point was "instant leech applies to all dmg with dual strike"?... O.o
Instant leech applies to damage done by the BS only and it's base damage is low. That's why this weapon is utter trash lategame and people avoid it.

Holding an offhand weapon just as a substitute of a shield is the worst waste ever.
You either benefit from the high damage of your both weapons, or just better switch to 1H/shield. It's absolutely counterproductive.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Aug 29, 2014, 11:26:07 AM
"
Illsonmedia wrote:
Does Bloodseeker's instant leech apply to both? Again, contradicting information... The weapon says "with this weapon", but I saw a popular build where a guy used Dual Strike with Bloodseeker and Soul Taker, and the whole point was "instant leech applies to all dmg with dual strike"?... O.o

People use soul taker in off slot for it's ability for melee attacks not to fail based on mana.

You must use BS in primary slot for it's instant leech.
Also Bloodseeker is used when you don't want to die, EVER.

Which makes it one of best items for HC play.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
dual wielding gets attack speed bonus and access to block and has a higher damage cap and better scaling than doing 2 handers or 1 hander / sheild.

if you are going non crit melee , I strongly recommend dual wielding over using a 2 hander or a shield.
"
torturo wrote:
Instant leech applies to damage done by the BS only and it's base damage is low. That's why this weapon is utter trash lategame and people avoid it.

Holding an offhand weapon just as a substitute of a shield is the worst waste ever.
You either benefit from the high damage of your both weapons, or just better switch to 1H/shield. It's absolutely counterproductive.

Actually works very well if you know what you are doing.
"
BackwoodsS wrote:

You'll be always in a disadvantage doing that.
Give me a certain example and I'll prove it.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Aug 29, 2014, 2:13:39 PM
"
torturo wrote:
"
BackwoodsS wrote:

You'll be always in a disadvantage doing that.
Give me a certain example and I'll prove it.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/918971
IGN- JustaCIboy
Twitch.tv/BasedNito
"
Based_Nito wrote:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/918971

I don't know an example of what it's supposed to be.
He hasn't defined offhand (uses dual), he got sick gear and high level, he can replace BS with any mid tier weapon and will still destroy everything with ease, not dying.

Tell me what did you mean.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Aug 29, 2014, 3:32:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info