Path of Ranged 100% confirmed by Tora!

Melee is awesome, on Standard. :P
"
PitzerMike wrote:
In her dialogue she says that humans "are at the top of the food chain because no other creature can kill from as far away", basically implying that any melee characters will be inferior to ranged characters.

Is it a hint from the developers that eveyone should be playing ranged?

Its a fact of life

bazooka >> teeth
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Spoiler
"
Spoiler

Seriously this post made me ROFL. Thanks man.
Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum - That's nature for you.
that spider man rofl..

I also just recently made a bow character this is my first time not playing melee since closed beta. It is a huge difference and honestly so much easier to survive. I'm not sure I'll get any further than my highest HC melee char (84) but so far it really is surprising how much easier it is.

I think the problem not only lies with melee being hit harder its that melee needs to do more dmg than ranged to make up for the inherent danger. I'm clearing just as fast if not faster as ranged as I ever did as melee. It really doesn't make sense that melee don't consistently do more dmg, that needs to be the trade off.
"
I can't remember the last time melee was stronger than ranged. Melee has been Up for a while now when you compare similar cost builds.

People were saying "path of melee" in the domination/nemesis era all the time. Why do you think BoR and aegis got nerfed?
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
"
I can't remember the last time melee was stronger than ranged. Melee has been Up for a while now when you compare similar cost builds.

People were saying "path of melee" in the domination/nemesis era all the time. Why do you think BoR and aegis got nerfed?

immortal tanks abusing aegis was defensive powerful but couldnt kill very fast.

bor fisting was amusing but hardly tier 1 by any stretch of the imagination.

it was 'path of viable melee' not 'path of melee> ranged'.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Aug 28, 2014, 2:53:59 PM
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
"

The main issue with bor and aegis wasnt that they were too strong imo it was that they were too common. I've played all sorts of bor and aegis builds with legacy gear and they do not compare to ranged builds. How many bor aegis builds have taken down uber atziris vs how many ranged builds have done it with ease?

Melee either needs more defensive options without sacrificing too much dps or they need a way to get in and out of combat a lot faster. Ranged always has the option of out playing the content where as melee is mostly about how well your geared because you can't really kite.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
While I sorta generally agree, many(not all) of things that are "truly" dangerous effects both melee and ranged. Two packs of blue devourers popping up around you, desync back into a pack(probably happens more often to melee), majority of the more dangerous bosses(maegera, magnus, igna, junglevalley etc.).

In cases where you have to kite a boss, ranged is obviously better, which often occurs in earlier in league and for example Abaxoth in beyond.
"HULK SMASH!!!!!!!!!!! A Warrior attacks from the front, a coward dies on its back!!!!!!!!!"

Sorry all,

I heard what felt like an earthquake in my room so went to investigate, I came upon Hulk slamming the ground in anger.............I saw the Hulk had typed the above.........maybe I should explain, and fear not for your lives, kiwi has calmed him, for now.

Hulk is a full melee, Sweep/Heavy Strike MONSTER that is currently lvl 72 in the Beyond league.

Leapslam to escape only and runs Vitality and Grace.

7 Endurance charges (28% armour/ 28% all res/ 1.4% hp regen) = 450ish hp regen, 58% armour, 44% evasion, 3728 total hp. (+ granite flash = 90% armour)

1200 dps Sweep, 5200dps Heavystrike all physical.

Waroloards Mark (7.4% leach) , Amulet with 4% life leach, life on hit lvl 17(sweep), leach gem 7.6% on heavystrike.

Cast on damage taken and Cast on stun is linked with Molten Shell and Decoy totem - all currently lvl 16-17.

Enduring cry to get quick stacks of Endurance charges whilst manouvering for a "smash" shot.

He has -60 Chaos (working on it) and can more than comfortably heavystrike (with curse and charges up) just over 21% of the 5200 dps....a second.

His gear on average has only 50hp per item and 170 armour per item except for the chest that has 1045 armour, 1 item has 150 Evasion. 81-80-109 resistances.

He is currently farming catacombs and (with Witchys help (his GF) reading up on maps before he tries them.

In short............this is path of EXILE. Nothing else.

GG GGG!
Existence is infinite, a weave of live and dead, beyond the understanding of the many mortal threads.
Embrace death to honour the lost, no fear in life no matter the cost. With one of all we are and all of one we trust, throughout past, present and future...... be just.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info