Path of Ranged 100% confirmed by Tora!

In her dialogue she says that humans "are at the top of the food chain because no other creature can kill from as far away", basically implying that any melee characters will be inferior to ranged characters.

Is it a hint from the developers that eveyone should be playing ranged?
"
PitzerMike wrote:
Is it a hint from the developers that eveyone should be playing ranged?

Here's a hint for you: Stop trying to find conspiracy theories in every damn thing..

She says that because she is a Ranger (a ranged character), hence the ranged bias.. I'm sure if you ask Haku or Vagan, they'd say that there's nothing better than punching a monster in its face..
Path of MELEE CONFIRMED BY VEGAN
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Is this an attempt at a joke, or are you being serious?
"
Path of MELEE CONFIRMED BY VEGAN

Pun intended ? R U a vegan and confirming path of Melee ?

I gotta go fire up the bbq at Vagan's hideout just in case.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
You don't need to look for subtle hints, the game is particularly punishing to melee classes.

Option 1 (range) is to kill tons of mobs before they can get close enough to hit you.
Option 2 (melee) get close enough to these mobs so they can hit you in order to do damage.

The fundamental problem with the game, imo, is armour. Armour should be heavy an bulky and have a lot of penalties when it comes to dodging blows, but it should be a lot better than it is to mitigate damage.

I would imagine the vast majority of deaths in the game come at melee range, if armour was as effective at mitigating damage as evasion and dodging is of avoiding ranged attacks then you could could go to the bathroom while some of the hardest hitting mobs wail away at you.

The Beyond mobs are hilarious, snares, degeneration, you name it is a colostomy bag full of fun for melee.
I've stubbornly played melee characters until recently (~1yr playtime), because I prefer the hint of danger with getting in the face of a bad guy. A few are decently tricked out with very good rares and uniques.

After the update, I've spun a couple casters in the new leagues. My gawd what a difference. Even with crap self-found stuff they mow through screen after screen of mobs with no danger. Even bosses with nasty affixes are little trouble after a couple curses and some minions as a distraction.
"
Ashwin wrote:
Here's a hint for you: Stop trying to find conspiracy theories in every damn thing..

She says that because she is a Ranger (a ranged character), hence the ranged bias.. I'm sure if you ask Haku or Vagan, they'd say that there's nothing better than punching a monster in its face..

The truth is there for everyone to see. Zvim makes good points.
However I don't have Vagan yet to check your theories as I play ranged.
But I wil listen carefully when I get him.
"Life is wasted on the living"

PATH OF STANDARD 100% CONFIRMED BY CATARINA
Last edited by Awarelol on Aug 28, 2014, 1:03:48 PM
I can't remember the last time melee was stronger than ranged. Melee has been Up for a while now when you compare similar cost builds.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info