The Herald of Ash : A Physical Bow Build

"
gildash wrote:

One more thing...

What are you guys using for mobility and CwDT?

Having trouble finding a spot to do lightning warp / reduced duraction / faster casting and I havn't a clue what to run on CwDT. I'm thinking poacher's mark maybe? Not sure if Poachers mark will still grant life on hit with our bow but at least it decreases their evasion....If not Poachers I'd say temp chains just so we can get away heh.

Temp chains, Enfeeble, projectile weakness, any of these are good. I run a single lightning warp, for chest mostly, usually just Ample quicksilver for mobility. CWDT is the usual set up, though frost wall instead of the 1 second immortal call could be a good idea.
-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
To the op:

Wouldn't be possible to use powercharge (50% crit chance per charge ) + frenzy charges gained on kill with blood dance ?
Frenzy would give some regen aside the life gained on kills, powercharge some crit chance we can then remove in tree to get more nodes for auras managements or anything else to improve defense.

It's just a quick idea i don't know enough new tree / gems to give a detailed tree sorry :/ Hope you understand what the goal :D
Hf :)
Test the build out on a lv80 shadow, the only issue is accuracy (should be solved with some decent rings), and mana regen. Mana is a huge issue right now, always out of mana to cast anything
"
beijiebao wrote:
Test the build out on a lv80 shadow, the only issue is accuracy (should be solved with some decent rings), and mana regen. Mana is a huge issue right now, always out of mana to cast anything

I got around this by spending the three points to pick up Thrill Killer. You're right next to it anyway and it's completely solved any mana issues I've had.
Is Point Blank actually good in this build? Most of the time the main target won't be near us at all due to the cone.
Very tempted to try this in beyond.
Been trying to make it more HC friendly though.
Any chance we can get your shot at a HC version of the skill tree?
I have been using this build for lvling and its super fun.
I noticed i have

and i think there is no need for The three dragons or am i missing something?
I am also interested why is Point Blank recommended?
"
StokeYdral wrote:
"
beijiebao wrote:

I got around this by spending the three points to pick up Thrill Killer. You're right next to it anyway and it's completely solved any mana issues I've had.

Bout time someone figured this out, I've had no mana issues at all with the build thanks to those nodes, immediately noticed them when starting the build up, wasn't till this morning i was able to test them, definitely a must.

Here's my variant, tons more life, 60% flask increase, more STR which was a pain to get following OP's build requiring you to get it on gear. I think mines better overall, definitely the HC tree you want to use for those wondering:
-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
Last edited by TokyoToho on Aug 31, 2014, 4:49:03 AM
"
Ignited enemies you hit are destroyed on kill.

I think the whole point of Three Dragons is so you don't shatter corpses because destroyed corpses don't proliferate.

Also, the mana nodes aren't really necessary. I have enough mana for 5-6 shots before I have to pop my hybrid pot. If you don't take the nodes, it just means you have to pay a little bit more attention instead of spamming Ice Arrow / Puncture.
Last edited by aff1nity on Aug 31, 2014, 5:35:14 AM
"
Fangs wrote:
"
StokeYdral wrote:
"
beijiebao wrote:

Bout time someone figured this out, I've had no mana issues at all with the build thanks to those nodes, immediately noticed them when starting the build up, wasn't till this morning i was able to test them, definitely a must.

Here's my variant, tons more life, 60% flask increase, more STR which was a pain to get following OP's build requiring you to get it on gear. I think mines better overall, definitely the HC tree you want to use for those wondering:

I see you removed two physical damage clusters entirely and put two points into shadow starting area to compensate for it, while gaining a whole lot more life and some evasion for survivability. May I ask how much did your damage drop so far?

Edit: Also, for the mana problem, wouldn't getting Mind Drinker be a better idea? It shares a branch with Blood Drinker cluster, and with the insane damage that 2% will definitely be much more than 20 times the number of mobs you hit as your arrow pierces. Lastly, you can save one point to put somewhere else that way since the pathing in that cluster has a "shortcut" for grabbing it, instead of forcing you to grab everything in the cluster like Thrill Killer.
Last edited by Duplicated on Aug 31, 2014, 5:41:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info