The Herald of Ash : A Physical Bow Build

"
0men wrote:
Hi,

I've recently hit level 55 in Beyond, and have Infractum, Drillneck, Three Dragons and some pretty nice jewellery. My ice shot dps is over 6k.

I'm terrified of reflect. Can you explain (like i'm 5 years old) how evading the reflect works? I understand that dodging the arrow with Ondars is a thing, but how does the ele prolif get dodged? Wouldn't we just burn to death?

I'm strongly considering speccing out of this build and converting to tornado/pure phys because it sounds safer to me and will allow me to use a leeching bow.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have a 5L Lightning Coil waiting for me at 60. I'm considering speccing out of the ele prolif, getting an Alpha's Howl and just going for a safer phys build; unless reflect is safe!

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Reflect

Damage from degeneration effects such as burning is not reflected.
Could you post your current stats ? (Dps, life, ect.)
IGN: Sorxianspec
Heyhey!

I've made some changes to this build: I am using Chin Sol instead of Infractem and Herald of Ice AND Herald of Ash at the same time.
Only ~10 percent of my mana is left, but I've added mana leech to Ice Shot = never out of mana.

Even if I have crappy gear and Iceshot is only 5L / Puncture only 4L: The damage is insane, at least on level 66-69 maps that I am farming right now. It happens so often that I one-shot groups of blue mobs or even the whole screen, and often mob groups outside the screen are killed too. Clearing a map of the level mentioned above takes me 10 minutes. (I only play solo)

Iam using boots with 30% increased running speed - in addition with the chance to freeze & the knockback effect of Chin Sol it's very rare that any melee will touch you.

Current build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAv4DHgW1BfkGIwiJFr8fQSLqI_Yk_SaVKgswcTB8MfoyATKUNj051DpCRXxLCktXS3hNklFHVUtdaF5FYQZh4mHrYqxsjG1sb55v8nBScaF2gnb3dwd313pTfwJ_K4cTjDaNfY2_j0-S85UFl5ea8Zsmm7WcpJ2qoJ-hpKLZpuCpNLDYsTCyGbQ4tNG1CLVIt9nA48M6yAzIFMpKyqnPetQj1orZxt2o34Th2-OE5RnnVOd06Nbxs_Pq-uv79f7I_94=

Haven't met any elemental reflect mobs yet - at least none that I am aware of. :D

Have fun everyone!
"
MasterGono wrote:
Heyhey!

I've made some changes to this build: I am using Chin Sol instead of Infractem and Herald of Ice AND Herald of Ash at the same time.
Only ~10 percent of my mana is left, but I've added mana leech to Ice Shot = never out of mana.

That seems like a rather large change. The idea behind the build is to multiply the damage of Ice Shot using 100% pierce and Three Dragons (plus crit), causing your one arrow to kill anything beyond the first target and having Herald of Ash spread the massive overkill damage to everything else.

Having Chin Sol seems like a very different build. For one thing you can't effectively use Herald of Ice and Elemental Proliferation if you are focusing on having corpses proliferate the overkill damage. Plus, with Three Dragons unless you have lightning damage you can't freeze anything, making the AoE from Herald of Ice worthless.

I feel like if you went with Chin Sol you would focus on Crit, that knockback crit passive, and the other passive that makes you hit hard at close range. You would be a close-range bow build or something.
Quick Question,

I read through and it looks like for physical reflect in HC you would have a CWDT + Immortal call setup, my question is would you go for a high level CWDT or a Low one?

My understanding is with high evasion type characters you want a low level CWDT because you want IC to proc as often as you can?
Thank you for the build. I really like it so far.

One short question: Which bandits would you recommend? I think oak, oak, skillpoint would fit best, right?

BB
Last edited by q3masl on Oct 5, 2014, 3:13:22 AM
Hi all,

Great Build ! Very enjoyable to play !

I am unsure of one thing.

What gem would you put on the fifth slot for the ice shot attacks ?

Concentrated Effect (as shown in the description and the video) or increased area of effect (in his current gear)

By the way, what would be your 5 and 6 slots choices ?

Should we focus on critical strike chance and critical damages only or is it worth to focus on AoE and concentrated effect ?

Last one, what is the vaal gem that seems to be used in the video ? It is not vaal fireball is it ?

Thanks !
Last edited by edessiex on Oct 5, 2014, 8:29:21 PM
I just oneshot myself on reflect with this build in beyond :'(

Shot an arrow to some mobs at the edge of the screen, without seeing a rare and poof... Offscreen reflect, gg :D
Pm me on forums or ingame: Chickenlal
Currently lvl 66 on Beyond and cruising 66 maps. Best moments are instagibbing a room, a beyond pack spawns and dies with the burn :D

I prioritize life, changed the tree a little. Almost took no damage nodes so far and I'm oneshotting in 66 maps, when I don't crit I sometimes need to fire twice but that's ok.

This is my current build, I plan on taking a few nodes from the scion life wheel and the life/flask nodes a bit back. So life till about 72-74 and then it's gonna be all damage probably.

Gonna go over 4.5k life easy with this, currently at 3500.

What I would love to do is 5 link herald of ash with reduced mana so I can run Grace.... But how am I going to get an evasion piece with RRRBB? Or should I just go for AR/ES and take the extra evasion from grace.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAx4FtQYjFSAWvx9BIXYj9iaVKgsqTSzpMHEwfDH6MgE1kjY9OdQ6QjqzPydFfEp9SshLV0t4TZJRR1FMVUtW-luvYeJh62KsZ6BsjG1sbqpvnnBSdoJ293fXelN9W38rhs6Hdow2jX2Nv5UFl5ebJpyknaqgn6xHsNiyGbQ4tNG1SLXywOPBM8gMykrN6s961CPWit0N3ajjhOUZ53To1vGz8-r79fzF

My gear atm is nothing special.
Last edited by Chickenlal on Oct 13, 2014, 1:02:55 PM
update for me:

Bought a Carcass Jack and managed to 5 link it in a couple of fuses :D

So now I removed increased aoe from Herald and changed it with Reduced mana. Next to that I'm able to run Grace in a 2 link with Reduced mana.

And I'm 5 linking Ice shot :D

This is my current build or beyond with 4200 life, 6k ice shot dps and 9k evasion.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAx4FtQYjFSAWvx9BIXYi4iP2JpUqCypNLOkwcTB8MZ4x-jIBNZI2PTnUOkI6sz8nRXxH4kp9SshLV0t4TZJN41FHUUxVS1b6W69h4mHrYqxnoGyMbWxuqm-ecFJ2gnb3dwd313pTfVt_K4bOhxOHdow2jX2Nv5AKlQWXl5smnKSdqqCfplesR7DYshm0OLTRtUi18sDjwTPIDMpKz3rUI9aK2L3dDd2o44TlGed06Nbxs_Pq-_X8xf6P

I'm thinking if we need the 5 link for ice shot really? I could sell the 5L carcass and buy a 4L carcass + drillneck.
Last edited by Chickenlal on Oct 15, 2014, 12:07:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info