1.2 Tanky Dual Flame Totems - Beyond/HC viable.

spell echo doesn't effect what the totems cast, I'm pretty sure it makes you cast 2 totems, though.
how can you afford to cast multiple totems, the mana cost of the totems is way too expensive.
"
poliboy wrote:
how can you afford to cast multiple totems, the mana cost of the totems is way too expensive.

When I did this back in Domination, I used a BM gem. I got a lot less damage, sacrificing a gem for damage, but I could cast a lot more frequent, and it freed up space in my mana pool to have flammability and ele weakness both linked to AOE and inc duration.
You could also get EB and skip one of your defensive auras and stay more in the back while casting totems far away. Leveling up clarity should help too, you'll be able to afford it if you drop another aura.

Something to add to the cons is
* lightning thorns insta-rips the totems
* reflect kills them fast as well
* they can't take damage for shit in the beginning
* really mana-heavy
* a lot of traveling on the tree sends your mind into a state of impenetrable apathy
Looking at making this build. would love to see more feed back though before I commit. Are people having luck with this build?

Also for new people like me I will confirm the items and the gems aren't that much. I got everything for about 10-15 Chaos orbs.
Last edited by Nokturnis on Sep 5, 2014, 5:53:15 PM
"
Looking at making this build. would love to see more feed back though before I commit. Are people having luck with this build?

Although this is a 25 day late reply I gotta say the build is going very well. I was able to transition from incinerate to flame totem as soon as I hit level 31 and grabbed Ancestral Bond at level 32. From that point on the build has been a breeze, solo and party. My 4-link is Flame Totem+Item Rarity+Fire Pen+LMP, aaand I completely dunk on every pack, every rare, and any Beyond pack pretty quickly (however certain Beyond mobs melt my totems uber fast so I just run around in circles constantly respawning totems and they eventually all die off) I'm also very tanky, prioritizing defence on the tree rather than offense. The damage of 2 totems with Fire Pen is pretty damn good.

Only level 54 atm but this is my first character in Beyond, everything is self found except for some gems.
Love this build. I just beat Merciless for the first time in beyond using this build.
Just hit level 65 in Beyond, some things I'd like to add.

Prioritize mana regen on your rings, you'll DEFINITELY need it. The build doesn't offer much in terms of mana (unless I ran like, all ES gear. Which I'm not, I'm running armour/evasion instead) I'm probably going to grab the Deep Thoughts node as soon as I finish up my fire damage wheel in a few levels. This is my first Beyond character to make it to merciless out of like, 4, so it's an excellent build. Very safe, great party play, once I get my Heartbreaker I'll have quicker clear speeds and will be a good MF char (my 5 link is Flame Totem, Item Rarity, Faster Casting, GMP, and Fire Pen) And I gotta say having Culling Strike would make this build SOOO much better. With some decent flasks it's very hard to die. I definitely recommend this build to anyone looking to try a dual totem (this build is much more fun than shockwave totem, however less effective) If I were playing in Rampage and had a Tabula, this build would be SO much fun. But in Beyond with my defenses being top priority, the clear speed and gameplay is 7/10
Last edited by freezingnipples on Oct 2, 2014, 8:09:54 PM
Thanks for this wonderful build... First time i could cakewalk cruel domi solo.. I am playing with tabula and cybil's.. it's so much fun.. I normally play solo, and i always find it very difficult soloying dom.. but this one made my day///
In order to go cheap it seems you've gone to really high level with that tree, isn't a 103 point tree considered complete and anything after is considered QoL?

What do you use for survivability in high lvl maps?
This is my first totem build so I don't really know much about totems. How does the totemic zeal node work? does it just make your totems appear faster?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info