[1.2] Blaine's Molten (projectile) Striker Wukong duelist!

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAmSu9gUd-FFJlTYTZdO1672BLBS1AoCFgdPEY2xR1pML8xWegSn2Hdjqz3Q3YvTWStfKpbngN_goxnqZXTeP-j6IA8B_Fiq9sTP88Lcautz4yfjpSNuhYr6loFE182XKprKon7cT2_EtsFocZOQ6pc9lhGS73vm6X8pw2ul8_wQR5aAthWGM9_IzP9kjG2O8OJy_jn4Y7FPZr2UZpAnEEs6eluUPtREou5FFnm9SPKaVOKluvwBpZ86eEkFUaODndQ-fksSXfG_qkGQHcvoqGYGFS7060-W5pvqebLQ==

All you need is

Key features and ideas behind the build
:

-Lots of strength from tree = hp, phys dmg, weapon scale (pillar of the caged god)
-Iron grip for molten strike projectiles, why not use the high str for double bonus? ;)
-Point blank
-over 200% hp from tree
-25% block chance (12 from weapon, 13 from tree)

Gems:
molten strike + multistrike, life on hit, Physical Projectile Attack Damage, LMP or WED, concentrated effect for making sure point blank is always 50% dmg.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The projectiles travel a random distance between 5 units and 20 units, with the latter distance being affected by AoE increases (the minimum distances is always 5). Point Blank gives a 50% damage bonus only until range 10, which would thus cover only a third of the projectiles with no AoE increase.

LMP is good for life gain on hit (18 max hits; 3 attacks and 15 orbs with one attack) and mana gained from Revelry keynode (+2 mana on hit and 10 mana per kill). With LMP you lose some projectile dmg but gain 6 projectiles per attack (with multistrike). Later you can swap LGOH to leech and LMP to WED, for example.

Auras:

I use Herald of the Ash and purity of elements, but will change HoTA to grace after I get proper gear.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Molten_Strike

- Life on Hit: The stated amount of life on hit will be restored for both the initial hit and for each projectile that strikes an enemy.

- Physical Projectile Attack Damage: Projectiles get the damage multiplier but your attack speed stays the same because projectiles are triggered using a melee attack.

- Since the projectiles are not a melee attack, Strength's melee physical damage bonus does not apply (unless the player has Iron Grip)

- Point Blank: Projectiles are affected by Point Blank even though the melee attack is not.

Good uniques you might want to get are meginords girdle and bringer of rain. Good rares are rings, gloves and amulet with high flat phys dmg rolls, Str and hp/resists. Remember to use masters for good crafts :)

I'm currently leveling one in Beyond league and first 38 levels have been super easy and fast!
Last edited by blaineh on Aug 29, 2014, 6:32:35 AM
Small improvement. You can drop 3 points from Berserking nodes for 18% Attack speed and pick up 3 nodes from duelist starting area, 8% mana node, Acceleration 12% attack speed and 20 dex and 6% attack speed node from right branch start.
Why Duelist over say Marauder or Templar?
"
kulnan wrote:
Why Duelist over say Marauder or Templar?

for earlier pointblank and iron reflect + the start nodes are great :)

ps. status update on my test char, im lvl 53 in beoynd at merciless act 1, and my tool tip dmg is 1700 (projectile dmg is much much higher and with multistrike and lmp I shoot 15 of them) I one shot blues and rares melt in second and the amount of life gained on hit is awesome :D
Last edited by blaineh on Aug 28, 2014, 2:36:43 PM
What's the current damage on your pillar?
"
kulnan wrote:
What's the current damage on your pillar?

autoattack dmg is 998 (which is quite good, but it could be lots better with better gear and I started by taking hp nodes mostly, now im starting to pick more STR/dmg nodes, so dmg should be going even higher)

OH and i forgot, duelist start because of Revelry mana node, it's almost 100% best node for this build! 100% needed.

"
Atech3000 wrote:
Small improvement. You can drop 3 points from Berserking nodes for 18% Attack speed and pick up 3 nodes from duelist starting area, 8% mana node, Acceleration 12% attack speed and 20 dex and 6% attack speed node from right branch start.

Ya, you are right! Thanks, fixed it on mainpost :D
Last edited by blaineh on Aug 29, 2014, 6:35:49 AM
Have you noticed a sizeable DPS increase with Iron Grip? I've got a Molten Strike Staff Crit build I'm was making when I saw this post, and now I'm not sure what I want to do lol.

And What are your thoughts on Lava Lash? You're pretty close to it, so it might be worth picking up.
Last edited by kulnan on Aug 29, 2014, 5:23:40 PM
"
kulnan wrote:
Have you noticed a sizeable DPS increase with Iron Grip? I've got a Molten Strike Staff Crit build I'm was making when I saw this post, and now I'm not sure what I want to do lol.

And What are your thoughts on Lava Lash? You're pretty close to it, so it might be worth picking up.

Ya, Iron Grip is noticeable, with my current 400 str I get 80% increased dmg, I will aim for around 800 str, so that will give me 160%.

If you have lots of currency or items (rings, gloves and ammy) with high flat phys dmg roll and can afford meginord's girdle, I would say give this build a test, I like it :) But without those items, dmg will be lots lower.
I got none of those. Doing it anyway lol.
What curses do you plan on running if any?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info