[1.2] "The Cyclonus" A Life-Based Crit Cyclone Build by wraithe_au

rename it to, "The cyclonus " a high exalted amount cyclone build
"
DuMansta wrote:
rename it to, "The cyclonus " a high exalted amount cyclone build

Yes. The budget build is around 30ex to build, and that's definitely out if many people's wealth brackets. However, the only truly expensive pieces are the 5L coil (4ex STD) and 2 decent weapons (2-5ex each), and maybe Maligaro's and Abyssus (1ex each). The rest is only for filling up resistance.

The build is not about the items, it's about the tree. This is a STR/DEX based tree that has a good mixture of life and defences, but also high damage potential. It uses zero specific weapon and play style nodes so it can be adapted to many different builds, twin sword dual strike, critical blender, dual catalyst molten strike, etc.

The mid and advanced specs are there to let you see the potential should you choose to spend currency.

The advance spec outputs close to 400k using acuity and 1 mirrored dagger, only 1 tier below the dps of many low-life ST/wander/shatter chuck builds that use multiple mirrored items. To me, thats value for currency
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
I was wondering how this build will work with
combination. I have also bought some jewellery
. Besides Abyssus, what other items could this build use in belt/gloves slots? Im using
boots. What about maligaros as gloves and Atziri's Phys belt? If i can't afford Acuity, is Vaal Pact a good option?
"
Adenozynotriv wrote:
I was wondering how this build will work with...

Hi, Bino's have moderate physical damage. I would personally use the value of Bino's to buy a very decent physical crit dagger. The tree doesn't go anywhere near addler's touch so the regen is a wasted mod.

However, it could work if you follow either of 2 options:

rework the tree to include Addler's Touch, which is a 14 point change. (not recommended)

equip snake bite and use blood rage.

Aside from that, Bino's is still very good until you can attain a better pdps rare.

Legacy ST, wow! Nuff said :)

"
items could this build use in belt/gloves slots? What about maligaros as gloves and Atziri's Phys belt?

Maligaro's will give you the best dps for your currency. They're very common too.

Belt I'm currently using:

the decision was between +150-200 life from a decent rustic or more dps and 1% more leech from invitation. I use Acuity so life wasn't as important so i chose the Invitation.

A rustic with high life a tri-res 30+% is expensive

"
If i can't afford Acuity, is Vaal Pact a good option?

I have never tried vaal pact. I would try to maximise life leech if i did. The Lust for Carnage cluster would be excellent for that, and leech on rings would be great also. No life regen means you can't use blood rage, unfortunately.

Your equipment looks great and i wish you all the best!
Last edited by fiqst on Sep 29, 2014, 8:38:07 PM
Updated the duelist build with a few changes:

Cyclonus

313k Full Offensive DPS
212k Defensive DPS

Key changes:
- Uses Blood Rage for the massive leeching amount. 15% altogether.
- Changed equipment to include Chaos resistance (+70 res, +10 merc) to lessen Blood Rage degen
- Altered tree to include more life regen for Blood Rage (3.5% total)
- Using Atziri's Invitation over a rustic for more dps and leech but lost 130 life
How does the build look against the just released new skill tree? Any big crit problems? Offline tree thingie is pc only at the moment…can't check it out.
If we are togo by the tree, then yes it's a nerf. Huge nerf. Left side crit nodes got gutted
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
oBohz wrote:
How does the build look against the just released new skill tree? Any big crit problems? Offline tree thingie is pc only at the moment…can't check it out.

Hi,

A helpful person by the name of tumzezar has kindly posted a new 1.3 version of the tree in the Duelist thread (he made it with Marauder in mind).

Find it here: CLICK

This is my experimental updated tree:

Last edited by fiqst on Dec 4, 2014, 7:30:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info