[1.2.0] Master Of Minions - No limit DPS

Just tried it out with a simple test. Used hatred and added fire on a dominating blow with WED and after that switched out WED for faster attacks. My dps went up a lot. (all lvl 1 gems on a pure phys character with zero 1-2 cold or 3-4 fire or whatever)

So unless you're using different lvl gems or have a LOT of elemental dps on gear there is no way your dps can go lower. Especially since you also got a more multiplier.

Some basic math behind it.

You deal 100 dmg and have added fire to increase it to 120. We are assuming you've got no other increases atm on a physical character. WED would give only the 20 dmg 40% more making it 28 dmg for a total of 128 dps.

Now you have 100 dmg, added fire to increase it to 120 and a faster attacks. 120 x 1.25 attack speed on a 1.0 weap just for easy maths is 150.

Even if you would use hatred and added fire your total dps would still be lower. So I simply cannot see how you would deal more dmg with weapon elemental unless you have elemental dmg from other sources or as said were using different lvl gems.
Last edited by Vandenreich on Aug 30, 2014, 5:38:50 PM
Resolute Technique + Disenboweling and crit nodes?
Am i missing something?
"
Vandenreich wrote:
Just tried it out with a simple test. Used hatred and added fire on a dominating blow with WED and after that switched out WED for faster attacks. My dps went up a lot. (all lvl 1 gems on a pure phys character with zero 1-2 cold or 3-4 fire or whatever)

So unless you're using different lvl gems or have a LOT of elemental dps on gear there is no way your dps can go lower. Especially since you also got a more multiplier.

Some basic math behind it.

You deal 100 dmg and have added fire to increase it to 120. We are assuming you've got no other increases atm on a physical character. WED would give only the 20 dmg 40% more making it 28 dmg for a total of 128 dps.

Now you have 100 dmg, added fire to increase it to 120 and a faster attacks. 120 x 1.25 attack speed on a 1.0 weap just for easy maths is 150.

Even if you would use hatred and added fire your total dps would still be lower. So I simply cannot see how you would deal more dmg with weapon elemental unless you have elemental dmg from other sources or as said were using different lvl gems.

You are right, it is worth using Attack speed.

"
Resolute Technique + Disenboweling and crit nodes?
Am i missing something?

sorry, there was some errors in the link. not sure why offline skill tree calculator was messing up...now it is corrected. Obviously no crit nodes.

I have made some updates to the build on first page.
Last edited by sfrattini on Aug 31, 2014, 4:27:05 AM
Great!
Super fun mate.
Just specd one of my toons as a dominator.
May I sugget you CWDT(1) + desecrate(1) + fleash offering(3) + (optional)Vulnerability (3) lots of AS and MS freely for your minons its a good old dominator classic CWDT setup. Just remind that desecrate must come before flesh offering, clockwise.
Cheers mate.
Last edited by pathofexiletoon on Aug 31, 2014, 5:17:52 PM
You just sparked a wonderful idea for my build, thanks! It will take me few days to get where I want tho.
"
Great!
Super fun mate.
Just specd one of my toons as a dominator.
May I sugget you CWDT(1) + desecrate(1) + fleash offering(3) + (optional)Vulnerability (3) lots of AS and MS freely for your minons its a good old dominator classic CWDT setup. Just remind that desecrate must come before flesh offering, clockwise.
Cheers mate.

ha! this looks amazing, giving it a try right now. Cheers mate
I was trying to do a dominating blow + coc + summon raging spirit, but when the mana consumption was too high (even for blood magic) I started searching for solutions. Soul taker it's way out of my economy, so I'll leave it apart...

But i wanted to suggest a couple links:
-cwdt+flesh offering+desecrate+bone offering (in that order). I know you had been suggested similarly, but there is normally some corpse around, and you could use desecrate to use a second offering.
-cwdt+spell totem+animate weapon (+maybe blind). They have good base duration, and also scales with the level of the map, just like dominating blow minions. Or cwdt+spell totem+aura.

Also... what are your thoughts on using necromantic aegis + thousand teeth temu (+1-1000 reflect physical on block, 37% block, 63% with bone offering). Well, maybe it not suits you, because all the block nodes you get.
Last edited by Visca on Sep 11, 2014, 7:53:40 AM
Vids of some end game content would be great
IGN: Ghost_Prototype (100 Shadow - Std)
Remember The Name - Endgame mapping guild. Thread - #1196726
Hi,

I have a few questions for that build... I am trying to do a dominationg blow build and looked at a few outadeted ones but since yours the only one right now for 1.2 I took a closer look...

First of all... why do you not use increased duration? Since your build is using the minions for main damage it would be much better then added fire damage I assume (just have a 5l in the first place).

Second... why use shavronnes revelation? Your gear is mixed in between eva, armour and es and it seems like a lost ring slot for that little es you got to use that unique. You can then loose the discipline and go for another aura with more damage...

As you wrote one problem seems to be the tankyness (thats why you use determination)... then why use abyussus? you dont do crit damage in the first place so one stat on there is lost anyways... since your minions should do most of the damage why not use alphas? get more auras for damage?

All in all I get what you are trying to do but I am not sure if the balance of the unqiues gets the best out of the build. Some combinations seems a little strange... I will try to make a few changes and post my experience here...

If you have remarks (maybe I did not see the big picture here?) please give me a hint :)
There is a way to keep up with a 300mana per cast skill xD have a rediculous tree set up that makes it work without soultaker.
(Hint- no mana cost EA tree)
Last edited by CommanderSauce on Sep 13, 2014, 3:21:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info