Don't like some of these master quests.

"
Jakabov wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:
So some missions encourage you to use more than one blindly spammed skill? Whodathunkit

Easy fix: Pack another skill.

When nothing else in the entire game encourages this, and the game's entire build system is clearly guided towards focusing on one build-defining skill, adding another attack is not a reasonable expectation. If there were many situations in this game that called for a secondary attack, which it costs build resources to add, then it would be different. It isn't fair to demand that all builds must enable themselves to kill a single mob in a crowd without touching the others. What are dual totem builds supposed to do? Or summoners? It isn't a reasonable expectation. The entire rest of the game's build design doesn't support it.

My summoner drops all minions and only uses Raging Spirits to attack specific targets. It's not her normal set up, but it gets the job done.
I am going to have to agree with this, Vorici's quests are ridiculous....
I spent forever to find him in the Cathedral FINALLY, and he gives me a quest to kill some guy's guards but not him.
First off, he had an unbelievable number of guards to kill, like 24.
Second, of course, he used Leap Slam, and so was always right there on top of you.
Third, when I finally found the room with the guards and the guy, it was FULL OF MONSTERS TOO, including two bosses, and a buncha blue elite mobs.
Fourth, I use splash dmg, so every time I hit anything, the guy I am not suppose to kill takes dmg too.

In any case, I failed, and he got himself killed while I was fighting through the retarded army that Grind Gear surrounded him with....
So I guess I will have to wait now until the daily quest opens up, which bites because it is always a low level quest with a worthless reward!!
Have to say the master quests fall into two category for me - impossible or boring as hell.

Honestly they make me want to not play anymore. It doesn't add to the game for me in the slightest and becomes a chore. Also means I can't get full clear on an area thanks to loosing to Vagan or whatever his name is.

Bring back the Vaal stuff properly where at least it was fun rather than boring and a stupidly closed set of rules.

Also? some of these new missions adds more desync and lag and at this point in the build of POE I'd expect they'd be more careful about adding to that.
@cortni: That sounds extremely fun. It's those moments that make you stop, change tactics, and focus for a good several minutes, that make the game great. Previously this was found in the occasional interesting pack composition (like my encounter three rare necros, one with allies cannot die, another with haste, and another with allies regen), but there were no rewards beyond personal satisfaction for completing these challenges. Actually, they cost you rather severely before, as such a pack would be better skipped in favor of quicker kills for faster loot and exp.

You didn't lose because "the guy got himself killed;" you lost because you were inflexible and made poor decisions.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Not sure why someone is complaining about a "kill all the guards" quest. That one is the easiest IMO. If you need to drastically drop your DPS, go to the freaking vendor and get a regular white item and equip one skill in it.

Low life is similarly simple. Lower your DPS, get target to low life.

The *rest* of Vorici's missions, on the other hand...EG how do you separate the guards from the target? Or, for instance, the lockbox missions? The only one I did the only way I won that was to die and respawn with the rogue exile somewhere far away. I suppose that was before I knew about how smoke mine functioned, so I suppose a good tactic would be to plant a smoke mine at the lockbox, lure the target out, cast temporal chains on him, and teleport back to the box.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info