Don't like some of these master quests.

"
Clocksimus wrote:
I did this mission in Beyond Cruel (has a nice ring to, doesn't it?) using tornado shot. You clearly aren't worthy of the Master Assassin if you can't lure your target away so that he is alone and then proceed to shredding, zapping, slicing, burning, or smashing him out of existence.

You need more training exile.

At least you control where you aim... my attack will chain to the nearest enemy and from him to the nearest ones again, regardless of where or how I aim. I'd have to take the target out of the view of the guards (off screen), while they are chasing me, running at the same speed as the target. If only the target ran faster than them. Or if I could drag the bastard with me and zoom out of screen view with my ~90% increased movement speed.

Anyways, next time you manage such a feat, mind recording it?
It's common sense.
^ frost wall
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Vorici quests are some of my favorites. They actually require thinking and tactics.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Vorici quests are some of my favorites. They actually require thinking and tactics.

Tactics? No. They require you to not be a summoner. That is all.
"
Mephasm wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Tactics? No. They require you to not be a summoner. That is all.

You mean a summoner makes a lousy assassin? I would've thought those hoards of zombies would be perfect for the job.

/s
Vorici's dailys keep spawning 10+ levels lower than me and not 1-shotting the target is hard to do.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Bear trap used to be great for this until they realized that everyone kept bear trap for single targets and nerfed it hard.
I should preface, as I've mentioned here and there, I have not been playing due to need of a new PC. However, I don't think direct experience is necessary here; this sounds just like any other time people claim something is impossible--the tools are all there, all available, and people choose not to explore them. If you're regularly over-leveled and have trouble keeping a target at low life, change skills. Use a low level spell, or hell, of you're over leveled and a spell caster you should be able to equip a weapon to do the job, or vice versa. If you cannot single a target off, use frost wall, decoy totem, temporal chains, etc. if you cannot select a target because you have summons.. ghasp.. get rid of them and use something else to deal damage.

The entire challenge, it seems, is adapting to the difficulties, and every single complaint here completely disregards that challenge. It's like people cannot appreciate a good wrench thrown into their plans, and must only ever spam one skill all the time, as though that should accomplish every job ever. Would it kill you to break away from your build and use what you've got to make best of a bad situation? Because that sounds like fun to me.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:
I should preface, as I've mentioned here and there, I have not been playing due to need of a new PC. However, I don't think direct experience is necessary here; this sounds just like any other time people claim something is impossible--the tools are all there, all available, and people choose not to explore them. If you're regularly over-leveled and have trouble keeping a target at low life, change skills. Use a low level spell, or hell, of you're over leveled and a spell caster you should be able to equip a weapon to do the job, or vice versa. If you cannot single a target off, use frost wall, decoy totem, temporal chains, etc. if you cannot select a target because you have summons.. ghasp.. get rid of them and use something else to deal damage.

The entire challenge, it seems, is adapting to the difficulties, and every single complaint here completely disregards that challenge. It's like people cannot appreciate a good wrench thrown into their plans, and must only ever spam one skill all the time, as though that should accomplish every job ever. Would it kill you to break away from your build and use what you've got to make best of a bad situation? Because that sounds like fun to me.

The point is, everything about the game is designed to reward spamming one skill. Every slot you have is dedicated to staying alive or buffing the one skill in order to be able to kill anything. It's not something players are doing wrong.

Which is something we've been complaining about since CB. Perhaps, they are exploring ways to change that?

Whichever way, though, the complaints I've heard so far are all 100% solvable.
Devolving Wilds
Land

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info