Don't like some of these master quests.

I'm not gonna sit here and complain because everyone knows what it would be about.. some of these new missions are simply impossible for certain builds.(Vorici mission.. I'm an Arc-er. Can't leave guards alive, etc.)

I just want to know, was it SUPPOSED to be that way? Are there any plans for making them doable for everyone, or are we just gonna have to deal with it?
It's common sense.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
So some missions encourage you to use more than one blindly spammed skill? Whodathunkit

Easy fix: Pack another skill.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Do those quests with friends\ in party
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
Autocthon wrote:
So some missions encourage you to use more than one blindly spammed skill? Whodathunkit

When nothing else in the entire game encourages this, and the game's entire build system is clearly guided towards focusing on one build-defining skill, adding another attack is not a reasonable expectation. If there were many situations in this game that called for a secondary attack, which it costs build resources to add, then it would be different. It isn't fair to demand that all builds must enable themselves to kill a single mob in a crowd without touching the others. What are dual totem builds supposed to do? Or summoners? It isn't a reasonable expectation. The entire rest of the game's build design doesn't support it.
^ Agreed.

Sure, it would be easy for me to take a single target skill but it does almost no damage... my tree is not specced for something like, say, Fireball (which technically still hits more than 1 mob, as long as they are close enough together.. and those guards ARE). I'm a witch and I don't have any real physical damage. I tried using Dual Strike with 2 decent daggers that I have on my second wep set, but the damage was too low to do anything against the target I was supposed to kill.

As for the whole "be in a party" stuff, I might remind you that some people like to play solo, or only group with friends. Friends that aren't online 24/7 or play at exact same times that I do. Not only, well, that, but most people also build crowd control/group damage. A few of the times I encountered Vorici, I had a friend with me who was using Puncture to deal damage, and I had to just stand there and watch. I hadn't felt so useless in a long time. The purpose of a Party is for a group of people to do stuff together, not for 1 person to do the quest while everyone else is on stand-by.

Storm Call also hits more than one mob, and to the extent of my knowledge, there is no single target lightning spell. With that being said, do you have any other suggestions? Perhaps which skill you were saying I should pack.
It's common sense.
Last edited by AstritInfamous on Aug 23, 2014, 5:30:58 PM
"
Jakabov wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:

When nothing else in the entire game encourages this, and the game's entire build system is clearly guided towards focusing on one build-defining skill, adding another attack is not a reasonable expectation. If there were many situations in this game that called for a secondary attack, which it costs build resources to add, then it would be different. It isn't fair to demand that all builds must enable themselves to kill a single mob in a crowd without touching the others. What are dual totem builds supposed to do? Or summoners? It isn't a reasonable expectation. The entire rest of the game's build design doesn't support it.
The fact that you're not rewarded for having different ways to approach combat in other situations is the problem. Not master quest design.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:
The fact that you're not rewarded for having different ways to approach combat in other situations is the problem. Not master quest design.

You can't just say that a problem isn't a problem simply because a different problem also exists. These are both flaws in the game.

It's also not just that you're not rewarded for using a variety of skills. It's that you actively suffer for doing so due to socket limitations. If you want to have a good single target, which 4-slot you currently use are you getting rid of? CWDT? Auras? Curses? No matter what you choose, it's going to hurt.
"
Jakabov wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:

And that is a huge flaw with the rest of the game.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
I did this mission in Beyond Cruel (has a nice ring to, doesn't it?) using tornado shot. You clearly aren't worthy of the Master Assassin if you can't lure your target away so that he is alone and then proceed to shredding, zapping, slicing, burning, or smashing him out of existence.

You need more training exile.
"
Autocthon wrote:

Personally, I'm a summoner. Look at the requirements for these quests:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vorici,_Master_Assassin

Do you realize how terrible that is? The only one I have any chance of completing is the kill the target in a set amount of time. All of the others will be nearly impossible. Vorici's quests are terribly designed.
IGN: Alfrost, Racthoh, The_Crimson
Standard Rings and Amulets: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/960556

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info