[1.2] Nemo's Critical Ranger! The Blood Dancing Herald of Destruction!

"
WeebleWoble wrote:
I played the split arrow pierce puncture of purtypree last league, ended up doing atziri ect with it and i can say that tornado shot to me is far superior, atleast untill maybe endgame once you have 15-20k chain, untill then it doesnt kill stuff off screen really, tornado shot is very effective at killing anything you see in 1-2 shots... by my testing its like this

i do 7k tornado shot each shot has its initial hit, say on vaal for instance i can make all 3 hit, then all 3 split so i get 9 hits on vaal, thats 63k...conservatively you can say 6 hit that is 42k, so i puncture tornado tornado puncture rotation for bosses... im level 70 and have been doing dominus and peity runs since 63. I timed myself 5 runs with tornado, split pierce, split chain for peity....split pierce and split chain were very similar...tornado gave me about 60-90 sec faster runs....

just my 2 cents

Your clear speeds will be higher because of the fact that your damage is concentrated at a certain point. I view tornado shot as a jack of all trades master of none. Its a decent aoe because of strength but in larger packs you will be outtaken by a chain split. If you crit with chain all the projectiles in the split arrow and produced by chain will crit making you will do far more potential damage than tornado shot. and 63k dps is your peak IF you majestically hit all 15 hit of an lmp tornado shot.
A few things dont make sense. 1st of all, why use blood dance when you can use any decent life + res boots, meaning at the cost of 5% regen, you gain 1.easier resistance balancing, meaning you can use another unique easier, notably rats nest, without having to get insane resist items, and more easily allowing you to use diamond rings instead of resist ones, and 2. Allowing you to generate frenzy charges with Blood Rage alone ( purely on life leech, you would run it with reduced duration and with life leech on gear) Meaning that your attack speed with charges goes from +10% to +25%, a huge boost in dps. Also, you dont use any damage durse. I would swap the frenzy 5-link with a puncture one, and then use the puncture 4L to use Blood Rage and assassins mark, maybe with blood rage in a 2L with reduced duration and ass mark alone. This would buff dps tremendously at the cost of some regen and move speed, and you would just use puncture, instead of both puncture and frenzy
I've been playing this build in Beyond, currently level 85. It's going pretty well, currently at about 9k Split in a 5L and 29k Frenzy in 4l. I changed the build a bit to pick up a lot more life since I'm playing Beyond, though getting a nice bow definitely helped with my damage.

Build
http://poeurl.com/yYD4dpn

Current gear
i have a question about gem links

you posted
split arrow - chain - faster attacks - crit damage - pcoc - ppad

is that the highest damage setup or would added fire be better than faster attacks or ppad ? assuming 20% quality gems.

herald of ash gives 15% increased fire damage aswell to factor in aswell as the possiblity to go grab the elemental damage nodes in the tree aswell.
Last edited by Agita on Aug 31, 2014, 11:13:47 AM
"
Agita wrote:

you posted

is that the highest damage setup or would added fire be better than faster attacks or ppad ? assuming 20% quality gems.

herald of ash gives 15% increased fire damage aswell to factor in aswell as the possiblity to go grab the elemental damage nodes in the tree aswell.

If you have bow physical nodes i am pretty sure the ppd will provide a bigger dps boost than elemental support gem. I am not an home atm but please do experiment if you like, I'd like to see the results. I do suggest a 20% herald of ice if it works the same with quality herald of ash, because it will double dip with itself and hatred
"
xSigma wrote:
"
Agita wrote:

you posted

If you have bow physical nodes i am pretty sure the ppd will provide a bigger dps boost than elemental support gem. I am not an home atm but please do experiment if you like, I'd like to see the results. I do suggest a 20% herald of ice if it works the same with quality herald of ash, because it will double dip with itself and hatred

quality herald of ice is a given

though i dont have a 20 quality added fire or heralrd of ash yet so cant test it that well yet
and only running a 5l at the moment. So you dont think it might be better to replace faster attacks rather than ppad for the added fire ?

If you would do some testing to get added fire and experiment with some elemental damage nodes for example there is a 8+8+18 weapon elemental damage cluster at bottom of the tree or at shadow starting area etc. It would be a nice addition to the guide
Last edited by Agita on Aug 31, 2014, 2:55:12 PM
"
Agita wrote:
"
xSigma wrote:
"
Agita wrote:

you posted

quality herald of ice is a given

though i dont have a 20 quality added fire or heralrd of ash yet so cant test it that well yet
and only running a 5l at the moment. So you dont think it might be better to replace faster attacks rather than ppad for the added fire ?

If you would do some testing to get added fire and experiment with some elemental damage nodes for example there is a 8+8+18 weapon elemental damage cluster at bottom of the tree or at shadow starting area etc. It would be a nice addition to the guide

I would never even think of picking up elemental damage nodes if my build does not rotate around elemental damage. Only elementsl damage we have in this build are the auras and maybe added fire, and only thing to experiment is with 20% ash with added fire not elemental damage nodes. I can almost guarantee you ppd will be better than added fire.
Interesting build. I may try it out.
Here is my current gear:
Spoiler

And yes, I have no resist lol.

I was actually planning on buying a Pyre ring which converts cold damage into Fire damage, but would this be a smart idea?
I'm almost with 86 with similiar build. But i don't like blood dance and use rat's nest+maligaro and puncture.
Good build.

I'm sitting on like 15 exalted on rampage atm. Will try GG bow and rings and re-post my gear
Squirrel is love, Squirrel is life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info