[1.2.0] Dreamfeather: Post-Mortem

"
Lyralei wrote:
I'm not going to elaborate on what may or may not come out in the future but you should understand that I generally know things you probably don't well ahead of time and this sword was designed with those factors in mind.

Ladies and gentlemen, start collecting your Dreamfeathers.

It really is a beautiful item, I just hope there are more profitable ways to use it in the future.

Do you happen to be using the sword in a build, Lyralei? Can you suggest a build? I do love its synergy with Queen of the Forest. Now if only there was a way to use it with a shield and get worthwhile dps...
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
I wanted to post my current build with this amazingly fun weapon.

Gear kinda sucks as far as accessories go.

Passive tree:

I get 15k DPS on cleave and 30k dps on dual strike with a flask up. I have three jade flasks of charge restoration/+100% evasion.
And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~
Thanks for posting this! I loved reading about your design process, and I can't wait to find or buy one of these!
"
Eternallight wrote:

Passive tree:

I get 15k DPS on cleave and 30k dps on dual strike with a flask up. I have three jade flasks of charge restoration/+100% evasion.

Exchange your Added Cold Dmg gem with Concentrated Effect in your Cleave 4l and skill the 3 weapon elemental dmg nodes in the lower part of the skill tree and use Hatred, don't focus too much on only getting evasion, care for the dmg as well, the swords' boosts are good but not so much that you can ignore skilling dmg completely. The faster you kill, the less you need to evade :D
Unarmed for life! (although I do like maces too recently)
Last edited by Broliciously on Oct 3, 2014, 6:39:20 PM
"
Broliciously wrote:
"
Eternallight wrote:

Passive tree:

Exchange your Added Cold Dmg gem with Concentrated Effect in your Cleave 4l and skill the 3 weapon elemental dmg nodes in the lower part of the skill tree and use Hatred, don't focus too much on only getting evasion, care for the dmg as well, the swords' boosts are good but not so much that you can ignore skilling dmg completely. The faster you kill, the less you need to evade :D

Hatred in place of what? I already am using 93% of my mana on three auras.

I did not enjoy cleave with conc effect, its clear speed was low because the tiny area.
edit: I would rather put something else in place of added cold though, but rolling a third off color will be rough, and I dont know what would be good.

I will take more nodes over time of course! I have not leveled up yet since posting this.
And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~
Last edited by Eternallight on Oct 3, 2014, 6:47:25 PM
"
Eternallight wrote:
Hatred in place of what? I already am using 93% of my mana on three auras.

I did not enjoy cleave with conc effect, its clear speed was low because the tiny area.
edit: I would rather put something else in place of added cold though, but rolling a third off color will be rough, and I dont know what would be good.

I will take more nodes over time of course! I have not leveled up yet since posting this.

I modified your tree a bit. That way you can boost your auras even more and your Grace as well which will give a huge bonus. Also you can use 4 auras then. If the mana doesn't suffice for using your spell, then I'd try to get Blood magic gem (5-link?). Also if you don't want to use Conc Effect, try Increased AoE instead. Basically having a 5l like this: Cleave - Weapon Elemental Dmg - Faster Attacks - Blood Magic (only if you need it) - Increased AoE/Conc Effect. You can swap the last gem vs bosses. All in all you will do more dmg than Dual Strike with Conc Effect + Cleave. And the increased AoE is great vs trashmobs. Also boosting aura dmg + using Hatred will give enough dmg. Try to get weapon elemental dmg on your rings and amulet instead of the flat ele dmg + allres.
"
Broliciously wrote:
I modified your tree a bit. That way you can boost your auras even more and your Grace as well which will give a huge bonus. Also you can use 4 auras then.

It's so many points to get over to Sovereignty, though. And no Phase Acrobatics?
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Tempada wrote:
"
Broliciously wrote:
I modified your tree a bit. That way you can boost your auras even more and your Grace as well which will give a huge bonus. Also you can use 4 auras then.

It's so many points to get over to Sovereignty, though. And no Phase Acrobatics?

You can take some points off of the evasion wheel to skill Phase Acrobatics and then use your last levels in the 90s to skill the evasion again. The auras are definitely worth it as Grace is a huge bonus to total evasion and most of the dmg comes from the elemental auras.
"
Fearmonger wrote:
This is wrong and I'm surprised Lyralei didn't point it out as such. Modifiers don't double dip like that in PoE (that is to say, applying multiple times to a single damage calculation), ever. If it is a single modifier, it only applies once to a damage calculation. For example, if Dreamfeather instead said:
"
1% increased Physical Damage per 450 Evasion Rating
1% increased Elemental Damage per 450 Evasion Rating

then yes it would apply twice as you state, but it is not the same as the actual mod on the sword for the sole reason that Dreamfeather's modifier is one, not two.

I wasn't around to point it out :p Or I glanced through and missed it, but that is correct.

"
Tempada wrote:
"
Lyralei wrote:
I'm not going to elaborate on what may or may not come out in the future but you should understand that I generally know things you probably don't well ahead of time and this sword was designed with those factors in mind.

Ladies and gentlemen, start collecting your Dreamfeathers.

It really is a beautiful item, I just hope there are more profitable ways to use it in the future.

Do you happen to be using the sword in a build, Lyralei? Can you suggest a build? I do love its synergy with Queen of the Forest. Now if only there was a way to use it with a shield and get worthwhile dps...

I wanted to! I had a pretty solid build idea planned but I ripped too many times in Beyond due to some packet loss issues in my region. Taking a break now but I'd imagine I'll return and give it a whirl. The swords are pretty cheap so there's that!
Last edited by Lyralei on Oct 4, 2014, 4:29:28 AM
I'm curious, does Dreamfather double or triple dip for viper strike? According to the wiki, theres 3 multpliers within the DoT formula: the initial hit, chaos damage, and DoT. Apparently Chaos and DoT damage is multiplicative instead of additive with each other.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info