1.2.0 - Xen's Massive CoC Discharge!

"
nickandjulia wrote:
"
StormchaserZA wrote:
How do you handle "reflection" cause THAT ALWAYS beats the hell out of me. I cannot progress past lvl 74 due to the one monster in mobs that I just cant spot in time and boom life = 0.

Yup, I have the same question. I'm going to try CoC build(trying to choose between ST+projectile spells, ST+Discharge and Cyclone+Discharge(any advices from those who have compared it?) ) and have read a lot about it last time. As I understand, the main problem is reflects. And people say that the only way to solve this problem is Vaal Pact. And CoC can't live without it in end-game (but there was before 1.2.0).
Now I can't find the optimal way to Vaal Pact in the passive tree for a shadow(any examples?). Seems like scion doesn't have such problem.
BUT I've found this interesting gloves on poe gamepedia.
Are there any chances to get it? or something else with instant leech?

And one more question: does GMP reduce the Discharge's damage? Or damage reduction applies only to supported projectile skills?

Oh the gloves are available but you looking at forking out about 200ex for it? +- 1000 hours into this game and I have seen bout 5 drops, people dont want buy your stuff because they can get it from the next guy for 1c les and so on, I will never own that sort of currency in this game.

So what is the alternative to Atziri's and Volls devotion?
I'm currently playing a CoC discharger, although using cyclone and not spec throw. I ran this in Ambush as well and had tons of fun, but as has been stated in this thread before there was always one major problem. Ele reflect. So this time around I am working on improving the build. I have taken Vaal Pact and it works so well.

Still ironing out the details, but I plan on making this build work. Here is my current skill tree (templar of all things). Only lvl 70 at the moment so got some important nodes to grab soon.

And something along these lines with more levels.

I found that another problem was defense. Voll's protector has pretty bad defensive stats. So I thought this time I would go Acro and Spell Acro. It isn't super effective but it definitely helps. Armour is so low anyway that the half penalty doesn't really make much difference. The ES is a bit annoying, but I think it is still worth it. Originally was going to take EB, but managing without it.

The other issue I found was that I struggle a bit with single target. I heard as big a group of mobs as possible together and melt them so quickly (even if there is reflect), but single target I struggle. My new approach to this is to have a decent phys dmg dagger on weapon swap, since I already took a bunch of dagger nodes. It seems to be working fairly well, (only specced this a day or two ago and haven't had much time to test). Currently using ViperStrike-MultiStrike-MeleePhys-CritMulti on a 4L.

Currently have a 5L volls - Cyclone-CoC-Discharge-LifeLeech-Inc Crit Chance. 6th link would either be q increased accuracy, increased crit multi, maybe lightning pen. Here is some of my current gear (pretty far from optimal, but getting there):

Current Gear

Depending how this toon goes over next few levels and if I can correct/improve some gear, I've considered doing a semi proper guide.

As a fellow CoC Discharger, hope you found something interesting. If you have any suggestions or comments on my setup, let me know.
why do you take "Necromantic aegis" there is no Minions spells in this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info