1.2.0 - Xen's Massive CoC Discharge!

1 question - why dont you level up your skill gems? your Spectral Throw is at lv1 and others are around 5-7? why so? wont the damage output be greater if you level them?
"
InfiniteNexus wrote:
1 question - why dont you level up your skill gems? your Spectral Throw is at lv1 and others are around 5-7? why so? wont the damage output be greater if you level them?

Because my concern is not 'physical damage increase' although you'll see my take +physical damage nodes (to get to where I need to be) but they also provide me +crit or +attack speed which helps with discharge!

I'm all about + "Elemental Damage" so having Spectral Throw @ Level 1 means that it has a higher chance to proc often and also costs the least amount of mana :)

PS: Updated build for 120 points!
Last edited by Xenatos on Aug 28, 2014, 9:42:52 AM
Updated Gear + Gems OP
If you help the bandits you don't have 120 points but only 117 available to spend.

BTW i would try to "finish" the build with 100-110 points.
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
If you help the bandits you don't have 120 points but only 117 available to spend.

BTW i would try to "finish" the build with 100-110 points.

Thank Bada_Bing good pickup and great idea... I'll rework the build for 100-110 points and repost shortly.
Well, I run into this when looking for a Discharger build.

But IMO it is far from optimal.

You get Dreamer (3 points - 36% Mana 15% mana regen)
if you would get Deep Thoughts you would spent 2 points in 28% mana and 20 mana regen, than with that 1 point you could either get 10% mana (below Deep Wisdom) or get mana & life node (+6% mana and 4% life). IMO both options are better.

You get Vaal Pact and than you take 3 nodes of Life Regeration to get to Sharper and plus one for +10 Life. All 4 points are not well alocated. 10 Life with a 400% bonus (for example) would give you +40 Life. Not something to go for. You could have choose the other side and actually benefit from something (24% mana and 20% mana regen).

IDK why but you skip 4 nodes that you would spend 4 points to get +40% ele dmg (Ash, frost and storm) or 4 points for +42% ele dmg at the start of shadow`s tree.
I'd also trade the 13% attack speed at the very start of the scion tree for +28% spell dmg.

I would not get Combat Stamina also. You spend 4 points to get 30% Armor, 5% life, 10 str and life regeneration again. In this case considering we benefit from that mana&life I said above we could just remove it and be at a net profit of +4 passive points -2% mana -1% life and -30% Armor.

We than face the fact that we are spending 8 points to get Vaal Pact and 24% life. IDK if it is worth it. Can be personal choice, i guess.

I dont see either on your equips or in the build anything about how you deal with chaos dmg since you dont go for CI or Shavrones. So what do you do?

BTW what lvl are you in? I don't think, the way the build is so far, it could be viable in high levels.

Gameplay wise, wouldnt it be better to cast yourself ST and Discharge to benefit from more support gems??

Last edited by Vorbek on Aug 29, 2014, 7:08:07 PM
Taking pointers from above, here is what I would personally do with the build:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABBAcFQgceCPQNjQ5IEZYWvxzcHaoi9CaVKPoqCyycLOEvbzY9PV9BlkWdRnFHBklRTLNQMFJTU1JVS1b1XfJh4mNDZJ1qQ2wLbIxtGW1sb55wUnBWcLtw1XcHfeN_xoLHgwmD24cTidOMC46Kj_qQG5MnlS6XlZfQl_SaE5rgnKSdqqxmrrO0DLVIuT65fMBUy73Q9dh22RPbXttu29ThiOaB6-7r9ewY7LDw1fId8uHz6vnoVcYIZ5M6vScYPLfW21ktqLGQQYe3Pv4K2L01krXyqW4qONo6ga-40LEFD6uMNg==

113 points used, a few points to spare to take extra hp or damage.
I would go for something like this (95-points would require you to be at level 75):

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABBUIHYw18DkgRUBGWFdcc3B1PKPoqOCpTLJwsvyzhLR8tqDW5PV9BlkV8RnFHBkrITLNQMFBCUlNWY1fJXfJfamKVY0NknW0ZbqpvnnBScFZw1XcHfeN_xoGvguSDCYauhxOJ04qvjDaP-pARkBuTJ5Ugl5WXl5f0mhOcpKIuoqOnK6lurGaus7EFsZCycLQMtDi18rfWuNC5Pr68wcXB88u90PXYdto621nbXtvU2-flGeq66_XsGPId8uH79Q==

CI allows you to run blood rage and banefit from 3 Frenzy Charges. More Damage.

I would prob run Enduring Cry on Cast on Dmg Taken for a chance of even more dmg.

Would cast myself ST with Incresead Critical Strikes, Faster Attacks.

IDK if the proposition was to have a Life Discharger, but since its hard to build a high Chaos Dmg or get your hands on a Shavrones CI is a must IMO.

Last edited by Vorbek on Aug 30, 2014, 10:21:32 AM
Sorry for the newbie question, bu..but.. Where do you get life leech for VP on this build?
"
KyoreX wrote:
Sorry for the newbie question, bu..but.. Where do you get life leech for VP on this build?

Not a newbie question at all. Vaal Pact wasn't part of the original build by Oro (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/560715). The idea is that you get Life Leech by adding a Life Leech gem into a 5/6L Voll's Protector.

All round, though, the build isn't the best one around, but it is loads of fun ;)

I've got myself a 5L Voll's and I deal quite a bit of damage. The only downside is that Voll's and Maligoro's limit items you can have resistances and armor on. So I'm stacking that + max life on other items. Lvl 67 currently, with 2000 hp and 800 ES (mostly Discipline). I find myself dying quite quickly if I don't pay attention and not getting procs has pretty much the same result as facetanking Dominus.

The build used to be good, valid and loads of fun.

Nowadays it's mediocre, but still loads of fun.
Last edited by Fillask on Sep 6, 2014, 6:38:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info